Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ludwig van

[P4A] Naoto Shirogane - Gameplay Discussion "Ace Detective"

Main_Header_Gameplay_Discussion.png

Special thanks to Kurushii for the banner!

Discuss all things Naoto related here!

For information regarding Naoto's moves, the Fate Gauge, and more, please consult her page on the DL Wiki, and for a long, yet very informative read check Diarmuid's guide on her moves.

We also have a Naoto Skype chat, if you'd like to join just PM me your Skype name.

well i would say whichever helps to get in but i think j.c will do for now until further but it seems if you mash j.a to many times and they block it your open but i think the block dash j2.a would be a good punish starter though

akihiko since he has super armor moves as well probably eat it up the j.a

New combo video by Kamoihito. Lots of SMP use. Some stylish combos into SMP.

Edit: and here's another combo video, not sure who it's by. Either way, not as impressive as the previous one.

kinda of figured there will be ifinites

i kinda like the second one better cause its a little bit more stylish and has the persona in it more but im going to learn that ifinite

well i would say whichever helps to get in but i think j.c will do for now until further but it seems if you mash j.a to many times and they block it your open but i think the block dash j2.a would be a good punish starter though

akihiko since he has super armor moves as well probably eat it up the j.a

I said empty jump 2.a. The definition of a empty jump is when you jump and do not input a button.

Can you plz specify which video's are which version of P4U. I didn't see it on the youtube links either.

I will be playing this character in the upcoming weeks. Getting excited. XD

^Any matches recorded 6/1/2012 or later will be 1.02 (so, basically anything new). Another way to tell that it's 1.02 is that as matches start they now have icons in the bottom right that looks like a black circle w/ a green leaf (or something >_>) in them. I've been specifying the version on my YT channel though I'm considering stopping since everything new is 1.02 anyways.

And glad to see you hyped for Naoto, Kyle. I'm also excited to hit the lab w/ Naoto. :keke:

That's a great tidbit for Match videos. THX for that. =) How about the two combo video's linked on post# 4. Which version are they?

THX. Why's it called SMP loop when the move is DoubleFangs?

THX. Why's it called SMP loop when the move is DoubleFangs?

SMP = Same Move Prorate = when you use that move multiple times in a combo it will do less damage each time. It's a glitch where if more than 10 same move proration moves are used in one combo then the SMP won't be applied for the 11th move and on. This glitch also exists in BB, but it was discovered in Persona 4 Arena.

By the way congrats on becoming the Naoto mod, blargh!

I have a question, would 5DDDD work as okizeme? as in, make them block a trap then 5D, then a string into the DDD followups? Because IIRC, Naoto can move freely while her persona is doing the slashes.

It sounds like it could be good, although you could risk losing a persona primer if they reversal.

I've seen Naotos just do trap > 2A meaty for oki which seems to be working in videos so far.

edit: oh you mean AFTER they block a trap. Then yeah I've seen Naoto do some cool mixups with 5D followups before. It looks like you can do some mean staggers, tick throws, and airdash high low during it.

yeah thats what I meant, so the persona is doing 3 followups while you can do whatever you want, and if they hit the persona, you get a free hit as well.

EDIT: Also, I wonder if j.C is good enough for fuzzy guard setups, the angle looks like it could be done (kinda like Mitsuru, but not as gay).

@Krusiv: Thanks sir. :keke:

@Diveman: 5DDDD has been used for oki in a few vids, but it's seems it may be tricky to set up safely due to it's start-up (seen Naotos try to set it up just to get smacked before 5DD came out). As for j.C, haven't seen any fuzzy guard setups w/ it, might be worth testing once the game is out. :v:

Does anyone have any videos of Denpa's Naoto (the one that qualified for SBO)? I can't find any on YT/Nico or the video thread.

Not exactly a match video, but I searched for "電波 P4U" on NicoNico, and got this: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm18351925

The description credits the combo at 1:22 to Denpa. It's...

214D (CH) -> 5BC -> Shoot x5 -> (super cancel) Mudoon -> (something - looks like a reload?)C -> 5D (kanji) -> 214C -> 236A -> 5D (more kanji) -> 236A -> 5C -> 236B -> 5C -> 236A -> IAD (I think) j.A j.C -> 5C -> 236A -> B Shot x5

Requires corner, does 6773 damage. Well, it's not the SMP combo, but honestly that could be patched out at any time. 6700+ is a pretty solid punish.

If I had the Japanese move list saved or actually knew the language, it might be a little easier to decode the bits I can't read (which is most kanji, to be honest).

I don't think the Trap was a CH. It said 'Counter' for the move that hit before the trap which wasn't in the combo. Anyway, I watched that video a few days ago not knowing it was Denpa. This is how I typed out the combo but I wasn't exactly sure how to write the 5DDD into A-Double Fang part.

Ground Trap Hit > (Dash) 5B > 5C > 214A > C Bullet x5 > 236236D > (jump forward) > 214C > Air Trap Hit > 5D xx 236A~D > 5DDD > 236A~D > 5C > 236B~D > 5C > IAD > j.A > j.C > 5C > 236A > B Bullet x5

When writing out combos for Naoto I use '214C/D' when placing the trap and 'Ground/Air Trap Hit' when they actually hit in the combo.

Oh, you're right - I thought I'd seen another "Counter!" message for the 214D hit, but it's not there upon rewatching it.

To elaborate on this SMP glitch. Because Double Fang hits twice, is it two counts to the 10total or is each double Fang just a one count towards the 10 total?

Can I assume this will be patched out? Was it patched out in BB?

Getting excited fro this game. XD

To elaborate on this SMP glitch. Because Double Fang hits twice, is it two counts to the 10total or is each double Fang just a one count towards the 10 total?

Can I assume this will be patched out? Was it patched out in BB?

Getting excited fro this game. XD

Each double fang is one count.

More than likely this will not be patched before launch due to it being a system bug. However, a patch might be considered after the game release if other characters outside of Naoto can exploit the glitch. This glitch is not patched in BB:EX. Jourdal has uploaded several SMP combo videos for different characters.