Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ludwig van

[P4A] Naoto Shirogane - Gameplay Discussion "Ace Detective"

^Whoops, forgot that. :vbang: And yeah, it doesn't hit low, a friend of mine who played P4A @ EVO confirmed it. :sweatdrop:

So a certain Dustloop mod (whose name I won't mention here lol) whom I met up with again the other night made me feel kind of bad that I stopped posting here in DL....... so I guess you'll be hearing from me here as well. And blargh became a mod? :yaaay:

^Yeah, it's pretty nice. Thanks again to Kurushii for putting that video together. <3 Also, all of those have been added to the combo thread.

So a certain Dustloop mod (whose name I won't mention here lol) whom I met up with again the other night made me feel kind of bad that I stopped posting here in DL....... so I guess you'll be hearing from me here as well. And blargh became a mod? :yaaay:

Thanks. :keke: #occupyanime

New (?) Naoto loop. It looks like it requires a FC 236B starter but instead of doing 236B~D xN you do [214D (set) > 236A~D > 214D (hit)] xN. Shown around 5:00 http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm18442867

That loop has been shown before, I think it was in the previous SMP combo video too but I'm not sure.

And in addition to that video (Youtube link for it here btw), Kamoihito also uploaded this one:

http://youtu.be/nt5_B7l25mM?t=4m13s

Has it been known that you can connect Mudoon off of 5DDD? Well regardless, it's obviously going to be important to know, especially in clutch situations.

Yeah it's been known. I think it was in an earlier CMV that showed a bunch of basic ways to cancel into Mudoon.

Just a clarification and a correction that was brought to my attention: for the slashes after 5D, all you need is 5D~D and Sukona does all 3.

I guess that clears up my slight confusion on reading some of the combo lists when it read "236A~D."

^Yeah, "~" in a listed combo means that it's a follow-up to the previous move. (ie 236B~Ax5 would be Double Fangs into A Shotx5, 214214A~C would be Raid stance into Critical Shot, ect)

it takes a bit to get used to, but it feels natural once you do. protip: you can just hold D after a shot/stance/kicks and it'll cancel it immediately.

Could someone tell me if her jump c hits behind her?

it definitely does not. you have to air turn if you want to hit someone behind you.

it takes a bit to get used to, but it feels natural once you do. protip: you can just hold D after a shot/stance/kicks and it'll cancel it immediately.

Ahh, thank you. I'll try this out next time. The controls in general were pretty overwhelming for me, so having to D cancel on top of that didn't help at all lol.

Combos aren't too bad, but it takes time getting used to obviously. But the thing that will get you the most as a Naoto player is dealing with mashy players and auto-combos during the first week. Especially against superior normals of Mitsuru and others like her.

Wow at the damage. Soo broken. It's gottaa be patched out... having options like this makes death toll irrelevant.

Don't worry, there are better characters than Naoto, even though she can basically beat you with a single combo.

It's unbelievable how low she's ranked despite having something like this.

Don't worry, there are better characters than Naoto, even though she can basically beat you with a single combo.

It's unbelievable how low she's ranked despite having something like this.

At the end of the day, it's all about who has the best normals and who can keep you guessing all day if you make just one mistake.

/jokejoke

Big ups to the single Naoto Koala-fier for SBO. I'll be cheerin for em Saturday evening

Okay so after playing Naoto for a few minutes, she definitely is a bit more technical than I thought, but it's nothing that we can't handle. One of the things you need to get used to is to press D everytime you're done using Aim, it doesn't cancel by itself as Ginseng mentioned a while back. Also it's easy to mess up an Aim combo if you're fingers aren't fast, and the window for "correctly" Super Cancelling after Aim bullets is pretty small, as it's easy to "Yellow Beat."

As for IAD twin Double Fangs, I was only able to successfully perform it twice, but with a little grinding, it's doable.

Haven't done any SMP combos though. :v:

Anyway that's all I can say for now. Back to the lab! :)