Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiba

[P4A] Elizabeth Q&A / FAQ Thread

Main_Header_Q&A_Thread.png

Ask and you shall receive!

Don't be afraid to ask anything as we're only helping one another here, but please be sure to read the FAQS to prevent repeating questions.

FAQS.

Q: Do Elizabeth's status effects stack?

A: Yes they do.

Q: How do I combo B.Bufu into SB.Agi? Thanatos is too close to the opponent!

A: Sounds like you're inputting it too quickly. You need to delay the SB.Agi and wait until Thanatos disappears after the B.Bufu then input it, but do not wait too long ohterwise it'll blue beat, or your opponent will be able to break out of the ice and block.

Q: How do I combo B.Bufu into B.Bufu? Thanatos appears right next to Elizabeth!

A: This contrasts with the above answer. If this is happening it is because you are inputting the attack too slow, and you need to do it immediately after the ice catches the opponent.

Q: How do I followup from D.Garu? I can't seem to get the timing down.

A: There are some ways to followup from D.Garu. While using D.Garu, you could input a half circle motion from 9 - 2, or you could use 2-3-2. Use whichever you are more comfortable with. In addition, following from D.Garu has varying difficulties depending on the character you are playing against so please be sure to read the character specific information in the Magarudyne section.

Q: How do I get 214214C/D after AOA > OMC? Sometimes 214C/D comes out!

A: Best way to describe it is that the input is 5AB > 214ABC > 214C. You generally should input 214ABC when Elizabeth is about to strike with the tome, so that 214C is pressed immediately after, giving you an immediate super. Alternatively, you can just mash 214214 and input ABCC, and the same thing will happen.

I don't think they can deal with strong projectiles, but they made Yosuke's kunai's bounce off.

Not sure if it'll work for anything else.

Can Mahamaon or Madmudoon be used to create an insta kill combo? I've seen it done in two part corner combo but with the possibility of getting hit in between it seems pretty risky, or maybe can you use paralyze to stop an opponent from escaping?

Tried out Garu versus Naoto & Aigis' guns at Gamecenter today. All bullets from both characters were eaten for as long as the move was active, it also negated Yukiko's fan throw. Not sure if it would work versus Zio in a Liz mirror match.

As for IK combos, I haven't seen Hama or Mudo placed mid combo and land at the end. Your best bet would probably be a set up similar to Liz's Challenge 30 minus the initial Mudo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PoqA-ZSMzQ

From the looks of it the combo might not work as intended as the opponent is able to tech and guard after the first few small hits of Hama after such a long combo during the first demonstration. Also there's the issue that Bufu's freeze was used after Agi meaning the the fire will have to hit raw without confirming it.

Perhaps a Hama combo could punish a wiffed IKs from certain characters, other than that i don't think there's a practical applications for these supers other than to scare the opponent during Oki set-ups.

Thanks for finding that out Geo.

Not sure if it would work versus Zio in a Liz mirror match.

I highly doubt it but if it works, lol.

Garu loses to Zio easily.

Now for... Zio vs Zio to clash so to speak you have to get both beams out in under a 2f or so gap. Very hard to do. Both players get hit no matter what.

20120802133308.png

20120802133321.png

20120802133331.png

Does Garu > OMC > j.A or 2A work as a good block string into a high/low set-up? Is it possible to air dash after the OMC and be low enough for j.A to hit crouchers?

I'm wondering, Thanatos has suck strong mixups on his own. But he seems extremely vulnerable of you don't confirm in the first or second hit and that it's only a matter of time before he's hit. Is there a way to defend him or call him back? I heard Elizabeth has a great keep away game but I'm running into that problem a lot. What should I be trying to do?

How many frames do I have after Shuffle Time to combo? I'm doing challenge 26 now and it seems like it's impossibly fast... The wiki doesn't have frame data yet.

Thanks xlol

If that's the case what is Elizabeth's game plan? Is she supposed to be rush down? I thought she had a very safe offensive game

TD's summary in the data thread gives some light as to how Liz plays, but to be more specific:

She's better at zoning than rushing down. She doesn't have a lot of very good pressure/mixup options, but she has Zio, JB to help to keep the opponent out, and helps you in stalling so you get more meter to be able to use better things, like EX Agi or SB.Zio. Her offensive game isn't generally safe outside of a jump cancellable move into air BD > JB.

Also Rishtopher I figured the timing would be very tight but outside of that I'm not sure.

Thanks xlol If that's the case what is Elizabeth's game plan? Is she supposed to be rush down? I thought she had a very safe offensive game
take a look at the wiki. her rushdown, without heat, is not safe. neither is her zoning. funny thing is she has the tools for every situation. therefore she's more of a stall/punish type who can be a momentum fiend. she hits hard, and her oki can be tricky to escape.
How many frames do I have after Shuffle Time to combo? I'm doing challenge 26 now and it seems like it's impossibly fast... The wiki doesn't have frame data yet.
very few. pretty sure it's between 1 and 6 frames (it feels like advance buffer is in p4). it's hard to do but there isnt really a trick to it, you have to find out exactly when to attack. shuffle time (hold 8) is great for finding out. once you find the timing you input 66areally fast (it's a microdash)

gyakugire combo is probably 1-3 frame link

shes not a rush down char and she takes a pretty big risk everytime you use thanatos

What's Elizabeth's space control like? I figured it's be 214CD and 236A. And even then, I'm really just treating 214AB like Lambda's spike chaser and I hate 236A because there's next to you can do after it. If I'm mistaken pleas let me know. also I'm not sure if I want to have Elizabeth in their faces or Thanatos more

I keep reading that she's a good zoner but I have no idea what she's supposed to do. And I've never seen a video where she's just dominating the spacing game. She seems to be entirely a momentum based characters with good normals. Is that true?

TD's summary in the data thread gives some light as to how Liz plays, but to be more specific:

She's better at zoning than rushing down. She doesn't have a lot of very good pressure/mixup options, but she has Zio, JB to help to keep the opponent out, and helps you in stalling so you get more meter to be able to use better things, like EX Agi or SB.Zio. Her offensive game isn't generally safe outside of a jump cancellable move into air BD > JB.

Also Rishtopher I figured the timing would be very tight but outside of that I'm not sure.

take a look at the wiki. her rushdown, without heat, is not safe. neither is her zoning. funny thing is she has the tools for every situation. therefore she's more of a stall/punish type who can be a momentum fiend. she hits hard, and her oki can be tricky to escape. very few. pretty sure it's between 1 and 6 frames (it feels like advance buffer is in p4). it's hard to do but there isnt really a trick to it, you have to find out exactly when to attack. shuffle time (hold 8) is great for finding out. once you find the timing you input 66areally fast (it's a microdash)

Thanks guys, I got it like 10 min after posting, I guess it was making me rage.

Am I allowed to ask for matchup advice here? I'm not sure if the matchup threads have been updated but I need help dealing with Yukiko, Akihiko, Naoto and maybe Kanji in the future. Mostly with Yukiko though.

you can ask, as long as youre not expecting a huge amount of info until people get used to the game more. getting a conversation going in the MU threads is always a good thing.

yukiko is kinda dumb....you have to like walk back if shes doing the derp persona falling down thing then kill it, only fought 1 yukiko tho and he was a run away healer....you can lazor her if shes recovering from fan throws

akihiko i slammed about 40 times yesterday, his fc charge you get free ch 5b>4.5k elevator combo, ib his stupid fake crossup punch rekka and it looks like youre at frame advantage, use d garu rc if hes using vortex thing cuz you can cross them up and they dont even know it, be wary of command dash it can go through everything except for 2c at close range and 5d sometimes, oh fc charge goes like fullscreen also and eats thru everything but gyakugire so.....yeah bait it alot lol, forgot if ex agi can punish his fullscreen super but all lazors can for free

naoto you can lazor after she shoots all her bullets but she recovers fast enough to be able to block, ex agi catches her if shes trying to spam it twice in a row? her j.c is really anti elizabeth and youre kinda screwed in corner if they set traps and you dont have a burst or meter to dead angle out, d garu rc to fuck her anti air bullets and get a nice combo, air turn j.b seems to work rather well against her?

kanji you can zone out all day long, 5c beats his leap thing? ex agi catches alot of stuff, fought a few of them yesterday only had trouble before i started getting a pretty good grasp of the game 790 psr elizabeth player helped me learn alot in under 30 mins

the real problem is mitsuru and main char...... high jump sword dive and slide, overhead i baited with backdash a few times and slide you just have to limit lazor use alot.....mitsuru's j.a and j.b....if you get caught in corner youre kinda fucked unless you can get off a gyakugire but even then she gets in your face again with charge tho you can rape her with ex lazor if she tries to do it on wakeup and you generally want to get in and stay in.....use all your meter for mixup/combo cuz you probably wont get another chance

Keep character discussions in the matchup threads please.

This thread is not the right place for that.

From the data thread:

Elizabeth: Invigorate
[table]Invigorate.png
  • Elizabeth is always under the invigorate buff.
  • Invigorate will automatically increase your SP gauge at all times, regardless of what you are doing.
  • If you use SP at all in a combo, Elizabeth will go under SP Gauge Cooldown and will gain no SP, even with Invigorate.

[/table]