Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiba

[P4A] Elizabeth vs Mitsuru

Discuss the Mitsuru matchup here.

Punishes:

Anti-airing:

Zoning:

Their game plan:

Strategy:

Char Specific Details:

1.2B beats all of her ice attacks.

2.J.5c is a little weird but it works if you 2b it.

3.5b beats drill.

4.2B clashes with her j.B.

5.B+D or 214214 her shuffle mixup (Sweep cancel mixups)

6.Punish her 5.D by crouching and beaming it or of you're close enough 2A+B into combo or use 5.C to CH and combo.

OS for Mitsuru.

214214C/D beats Mitsuru out of EX/B Droit (didn't test A version, but it probably does too). If you 236C/D before Droit touches you, you'll beat it cleanly on CH.

Can someone give me ANY advice on this match up? i feel like misturu's range just completely obliterates elizabeth's plus she gets in nearly instantly, i keep on getting bodied by her and i dont know what to do lol

1.2B beats all of her ice attacks.

2.J.5c is a little weird but it works if you 2b it.

3.5b beats drill.

4.2B clashes with her j.B.

5.B+D or 214214 her shuffle mixup (Sweep cancel mixups)

6.Punish her 5.D by crouching and beaming it or of you're close enough 2A+B into combo or use 5.C to CH and combo.

Once Mitsuru gets the momentum, is there anything you can do?

Been wondering the same thing myself. Seems like I can make the fight manageable until I get locked down, then I feel like I have to make a huge gamble to escape pressure if I'm lacking a burst.

you're best bet is 5a the hitbox is godlike.
mitsuru's 5A is more godlike and is also a frame faster, so...

if you desperately want to stop her stupid Coup Droit pressure before it kills you, Mind Crush can save your ass. If she pressed any button and you have 100 meter, you get a free D Ghastly Wail for a beefy combo. If she did DP then block/roll. If she went for rising jB, run up and 2B. The only thing that beats it is inputting nothing, but because Liz's answers to Coup Droit pressure are so bad the tendency for Mitsurus to press buttons after it is really high.

Is Thanatos pressure viable against Mitsuru?

I could be totally wrong on this, but from my experience in a neutral situation after a blocked 5C(2) I attempt a 2C to beat her mashing A, but the A hits Thanatos before the armor from 2C comes into effect.

Am I potentially pushing 2C too late? Or is Mitsuru's A too fast?

I could be totally wrong on this, but from my experience in a neutral situation after a blocked 5C(2) I attempt a 2C to beat her mashing A, but the A hits Thanatos before the armor from 2C comes into effect.

Mitsuru can Coup through Thanatos AFAIK.

You are pushing 2C too late, her 5A is 7 frames so it's actually pretty slow. What you really have to worry about is EX Coup Droit because it's just as fast as her 5A while traveling halfway across the screen. So if you positioned yourself too closely, it will just ignore your mix-up and eat you (even in the corner). Shit is dumb.

you're best bet is 5a the hitbox is godlike.

Mitsuru's 4B owns that. If she knows you're doing 5A to get out of pressure, she can simply 4B and it'll be on to round 2.

mitsuru's 5A is more godlike and is also a frame faster, so...

if you desperately want to stop her stupid Coup Droit pressure before it kills you, Mind Crush can save your ass. If she pressed any button and you have 100 meter, you get a free D Ghastly Wail for a beefy combo.

That doesn't work that well because Mitsuru can control the distance she goes with droit. If she decides to be in your face when she ends droit, then that's the only way I'd see it working(droit is -4 or so on block if I recall).

5C > 2C is gapless, you're doing it too slow. After the 2C is over however, she can droit through it and be in your face almost instantly.

That doesn't work that well because Mitsuru can control the distance she goes with droit. If she decides to be in your face when she ends droit, then that's the only way I'd see it working(droit is -4 or so on block if I recall).

I am not following. She doesn't have any 2 frame normals so it's not like she can punish mind crush after any blocked coup droit. it's actually better if she's at less disadvantage because then there's a greater chance of her pressing a button.

I am not following. She doesn't have any 2 frame normals so it's not like she can punish mind crush after any blocked coup droit. it's actually better if she's at less disadvantage because then there's a greater chance of her pressing a button.

My point being, the Mori won't reach or hit Mitsuru if you decide to do that after Mind Crush. And if it doesn't reach, Liz is open. Besides, she can feasibly do 5B, since she's airborne during it, to avoid the super grab as it's not the same as Kanji's super grab.

I only saw it as a reasonable thing to do if Mitsuru did droit and she ended it right in front of you, instead of further away where she can't be punished easily.

2b more. Seriously. When you're being pressured. 2b j.b and you will win more.

We don't take kindly to your kind around these parts DC

Gonna wait for someone to say this was already common knowledge or whatever, but since it wasn't posted here:

Mori scoops Mitsuru out of EX/B Droit (didn't test A version, but it probably does too). If you 236C/D before Droit touches you, you'll beat it cleanly on CH also. I'm kinda glad to know that I don't have to let that shit rock anymore; I was always under the impression that we had nothing to stop it.

This matchup...Just... To hell with it really...

Info of character

Mitsuru is a punish character, meaning she's meant to deal extreme damage either by tricking you which is the minority of options of how she dishes out damage, and as the term implies, punishing characters who use a move that leaves them wide open. She has QUITE the amount of options to rush in and punish Elizabeth that's for sure. Along with a few air, low block, and high block unblockables that can really screw with you if you for some reason want to close in on her, even though that's not a very favorable option when going against the Queen of Executions.

General plan x

Your best bet is to keep the flow of the match at fullscreen since the closest to a ranged attack Mitsuru can do is her 5D which isn't able to hit from corner to corner thankfully, and bufula which most of the time won't hit you unless Mitsuru's in the range to hit you from midscreen which is roughly the same range it takes to get hit by 5D. It's best not to approach Mitsuru from the air as her 2B is an anti-air that has range in a close second to Elizabeth's own. Along with having combo potential if she get's you from there so it's best not to do so (also Garudyne ain't gonna help you in this situation at all). You should ESPECIALLY be careful if you're in the air and Mitsuru's in awakening with 50 SP because her Bufudyne is air UNBLOCKABLE. And the damage from the move itself is already quite cringe worthy but since there's combo potential from the fact that you get frozen too. It's overall not a good plan to approach Mitsuru from the air. There's also the her 2D which is basically her 5D but aimed at the air. This move can take you by surprise and has quite the range. Along with that it's a starter for many Mitsuru combos. So overall stay on the ground or get ready to feel the burn...er...cold. :P

Air (Mitsuru) to Ground (Elizabeth)

If Mitsuru however approaches you from the air you must take caution. Not the same amount like if the situation explained above but it's best to know what to do. Her J.B. especially is the bane of anyone who fights her like this because it is LOW BLOCK UNBLOCKABLE!!! Which will screw you over because that's another ticket to the next round for us if we crouch block. So make sure you stand block. I believe there's a video that shows what to do if Mitsuru does her J.B poke that came before me so watching that will DEFINITELY help if you can pull it off like muscle memory. Practice with defense is especially needed for Elizabeth because you can't afford Mitsuru to pull off a good combo or else you're already in awakening or the next round due to Elizabeth's low HP.

Ground to Ground is what comprises most of the matches really and that's the main thing that you should definitely know. This matchup is at a disadvantage for us because Mitsuru has quite a few pokes that are a bane to our existence... First would be 5a. This move pokes and reaches a godly range that even beats our 5B and is faster then it by MILES. And Coup Droit or the "drill" as people call it. Oh god that move... the A version is fast, does moderate damage and is one way to get punished with a combo while on the ground. It'll only knock you down regularly on the air so it's ok but the damage from the A version itself already packs some damage... The B version is chargeable/delayable and if you get hit by you'll get knocked down sliding on the floor like if you were hit by Labrys's charged 5B. And if you do get hit by Coup Droit B and are sent to the screen. Expect to have 80% of your health gone on average. The SB version isn't quite as bad because it keeps you on the ground if you're standing but it's fast, damaging, and it'll go through a Maziodyne or Maragidyne if she's close enough to you. However since Mitsuru has to use a back and forth charge to use it you might be able to spot a Mitsuru player blocking or backing away in order to charge it. This is something you should ALWAYS take note of and respect when fighting Mitsuru if you have the conditions to punish out of it. So take note. Also another "warning" that Mitsuru is gonna use Coup Droit is if she's crouching or low blocking because that also counts as holding back for them to use to charge up.

The usefulness of your attacks

Magarudyne won't help you so well in this fight except for combo purposes, Maragidyne will be one of your best bets for zoning. Mitsuru's will probably block it but it's good to know. Maziodyne is equally as important since it's a fullscreen lazah beam to keep pushing Mitsuru away if you have the chance. However if you do use a move. IT MUST BE A ONE THAT COUNTS AND IS NOT ON WHIFF!!! Or else Mitsuru will be up your face already and prepare you for the next round. So be sure that you know for sure you're gonna hit Mitsuru because there's a reason she's called a punishment character both in personality and in playstyle.

Your 2B won't be as helpful as usual for this fight so don't think you can knock Mitsuru away on Air to Ground... Sweep might work but only in a few very specific conditions that aren't worth really describing in this post alone. Your throw will be more helpful then usual since you can punish Mitsuru with it if she uses Coup Droit. Plus it'll be easy to press it and you can chip a cute little combo if on midscreen or dish out some serious damage on the corner. But be careful though because quite a few combos that Mitsuru ends with she'll add her FA (Furious Attack) after to get you. Once she does that is when you're ABSOLUTELY able to punish without fail. Just be sure to remember that if you block her entire blockstring and pressure. That one get's quite a few people.

Ghastly Wail will help you in this fight since trying to get a good combo out to Mitsuru is undoubtedly hard since many of her moves have pretty low recovery frames. Use it if she uses a B version of Coup Droit and you're somehow able to time it when she launches herself. It's notably more predictable with the A version since it goes instantly so you don't have to play the waiting game. Though knowing the difference between both is a bit of a challenge. Perhaps the distance would be a good enough warning to dodge/bait the move and be able to use the command grab.

As for your IK there's no way you can get 3 hits on Mitsuru unless she just spams out Myriad Arrows (which will never happen so tough luck for us. :/) So if you for some reason are suicide enough to do it on Mitsuru. Be sure you have a burst ready or face the consequences of losing a round and the added hits you got...

That's about all I got. Message me if I messed up on any info or missed some stuff. I'll continue searching for things and thanks for reading! ^v^ Hope I helped a bit your chances of taking on the Imperious Queen of Executions!