Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shinsyn

[P4A] Yu Narukami - Gameplay Discussion

Something else I noticed about the 2AB pick up, is that I had better luck using the tip of the sword instead of closing in.

But I'll try this one later, seems more reliable since there's no need to time the Sweep after they fall off of 5D.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdpLUZJfG6I

This is my probleme with S.Labrys with guillotine 214 B anyway

VR-Raiden is right; Late tech is your best option. I've back dashed out of this set up before against BananaKen and other S.Lab's when I tech too early. I've punished with a Counter Hit 5B since S.Lab is using j.A; it works, you just have to know the timing for it. If you're in the corner, back step may get blown up by S.Lab's j.A. I haven't tried it in the corner before but it's worth mentioning from my experience.

I have see for punish bd air imblocable after ...sweep D2 vs YU and akihiko i do :

Middle oki : ...sweep D2hits land + dash long + Jump 9 + guard land JB2 air

Corner oki : ...sweep D2hits land land + Jump 9 + guard land JB2 air

I have analyse best solution for each characters for punsih all bd in corner is :

VS AKIHIKO*, YU*, YUKIKO, AIGIS, ELISABETH :

...sweep D2hits land a lot + Jump 9 + guard land (JB2 air / empty 2a)

* = imblocable bd

EXCELLENT for punish all BD elisabeth and vs aigis/yukiko if you jump B2

VS LABRYS, CHIE, NAOTO, MITSURU :

...sweep D2hits jump 9 guard land (JB2 air / empty 2a)

Guard BD and punish !!!

VS YOSUKE :

...sweep D2hits jump 9 land (air dash B.B or air dash A B2 / empty 2A)

PERFECT vs YOSUKE forpunish all bd !!!

I search for S;Labrys now becauseI have probleme if i do empty 2A...

I have analyse this since 10 hours and i guaranted is help you A LOTTTTTTTTT

If anyone have better option or adjust my analyse i will be happy.

With my analyse i punish all time all bd if opponent mash bd in oki

I think its very very important to check all best solution for punish bd after sweep !!

anyone have best solution for create a fixed universal analyse ????

This analyse in video will help a lot all YU players anyone ???? SKD VR Raiden or Shinsyn...

Another tips : vs akihiko corner :

do / ...sweep D2 + 4 (go behind you a pixel) and jump 9 no guard requierd !! + B2 air = kill BD in combo !!!!!!!!!!!

Another tips :

vs wake up bd akihiko go and do far 2B clash + c ... !!!!

PLESASE NEED A ANTI-BD video !!!

SKD and VR Raiden can you make a video with my tips ???? PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I dont know how make a video.... :(

VR Raiden can you tell me what is your solution for each caracters corner and middle ?????? PLEASE

Beat_By-X, I haven't done much testing on all that yet, but SKD recently mentioned there is a timing after 2A+B to get the 3 hit 5D that will still hit them OTG for not teching immediately. It's very specific timing but it is possible (very slight delay).

If you get 3 hit 5D oki, you have more time to begin your mix-ups, so from what I understand you can actually wait to see if they reversal'd, then jump in and start mix-ups. This is pretty huge for the Mitsuru match-up since she has the option of reversal Bufudyne when you jump in.

Even if you miss the 3 hit 5D oki timing, and they delay tech through it, you can still safe j.B and have your 5DD ready to use. So it's actually not that bad if they delay tech through it theoretically. I need to try this out more though.

Thanks VR-Raiden:

I know the timing for D3 all time but with this version late tech is possible all time exactely like finish combo with 214b in corner = late tech and bye bye oki...

The best version is D2 oki with my technique for impossible late tech and mixup without risk of bd !

With my technique I can :

- Use D2 for no late tech

- jump without risk of bd normal or bd imblocable)

- safe mixup

Test my technqiue i have write and you understand why i use this

D3 is a excellente version in certain situation exemple if i want do safe overhead oki mixup like this in corner : ...sweep delay D3 + jump immediately and go with 214ab on the ground = safe mixup impossible to react but late tech possible...

Alright I didn't notice you said corner in your post.

What I was saying was if you time it exactly right after sweep the enemy can't delay tech through 5D(3). So if you can get this timing, there is no reason not to go for 5D(3) from a sweep that hits relatively close (like from 5B/2B, ground 214B, 2C, air hit CH 5A/2B)

But now I'm realizing they can delay tech through 5D(3) if the sweep hit very far, like it does in some corner combos (If I'm wrong about this, I would be pretty happy). And yeah, if you end with j.214B they can always delay tech through 5D.

Anyways, about your corner B+D solutions, I'm trying to make sense of what you posted. I dunno what you mean by some of your notations. Pretty sure I get what you're trying to say though.

It doesn't hurt I guess, but I don't believe it's worth mentioning how to counter certain characters doing a B+D through 5D, since it simply won't work if you just jump in while blocking, then attack once you see that they blocked. Unless you've been talking about them mashing B+D in general during 5D pressure, and not just through the 5D(2)?

Characters you need to worry about are Yu, and Akihiko, as you clearly realize, since they have air unblockable ones that hit you if you come down too low as they reversal, which can happen a lot in corner.

Yosuke can also mess you up, after sweep you just need to jump immediately then his B+D won't hit you. If you dash in too far before jumping it will catch you. After j.214B you don't have time to jump, so you have to block and see if they did it.

And obviously Teddie is the biggest problem since you can't do shit to punish his.

I'm not sure why Shadow Labrys' is giving you issues, I'll try it out but I'm not seeing it being any more of a problem than others in my head.

Sorry for double post but I've been in the lab lately :v:

This never occurred to me til now, but after trying that j.D stuff SKD posted recently, I'm realizing you can fuzzy j.A > j.C in either j.D or 5D pressure. Sadly you need meter to combo after it. Examples:

corner j.2A j.D > blocked 5A 2A 2B (JC) (j.D connects) > j.B (JC) fuzzy j.A hit > j.C (OMC)/(OMB)...etc

corner 5D > blocked j.B 2A 2B (JC) 5DD > j.B (JC) fuzzy j.A hit > j.C (OMC)/(OMB)...etc

Also there are no gaps in these strings on normal block.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPnDlce73Co

Sorry for double post but I've been in the lab lately :v:

This never occurred to me til now, but after trying that j.D stuff SKD posted recently, I'm realizing you can fuzzy j.A > j.C in either j.D or 5D pressure. Sadly you need meter to combo after it. Examples:

corner j.2A j.D > blocked 5A 2A 2B (JC) (j.D connects) > j.B (JC) fuzzy j.A hit > j.C (OMC)/(OMB)...etc

corner 5D > blocked j.B 2A 2B (JC) 5DD > j.B (JC) fuzzy j.A hit > j.C (OMC)/(OMB)...etc

Also there are no gaps in these strings on normal block.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPnDlce73Co

Are you sure you can't follow up the fuzyy j.a j.c with j.214AB? looks like it might be fast enough to connect and rely on 25 meter. would try myself but i have no easy access to the game as of now.

Are you sure you can't follow up the fuzyy j.a j.c with j.214AB? looks like it might be fast enough to connect and rely on 25 meter. would try myself but i have no easy access to the game as of now.
yeah I tried that and i couldn't get it to combo unfortunately.

Does Yu have an air string that's only techable by forward/backward after a certain amount of stun proration? Because I am constantly getting yellow-beated by this combo he does, despite the fact that I'm holding tech.

I'm not a Yu player so I don't know the specifics, but he always ends the combo with j.BB > j.BB > DP > Ziodyne

The DP consistently yellow-beats, but I'm not able to tech out of it neutrally (my preferred tech).

Does Yu have an air string that's only techable by forward/backward after a certain amount of stun proration? Because I am constantly getting yellow-beated by this combo he does, despite the fact that I'm holding tech.

I'm not a Yu player so I don't know the specifics, but he always ends the combo with j.BB > j.BB > DP > Ziodyne

The DP consistently yellow-beats, but I'm not able to tech out of it neutrally (my preferred tech).

I doubt it. If the DP is yellow beating in the air on that particular string; tech and block, they are more than likely activating B+D too late. Narukami's DP in the air is not an air un-blockable, only the first attack of his DP "on the ground" is air un-blockable so teching from this string in the air should be safe if they're going to do a late DP. Just hold the button to tech during the string and if he does it too late, block the late DP and punish.

Did a little testing but not sure why you're getting yellow-beat. I don't think neutral tech comes out later than forward/back/up in this game, but I could be wrong.

Another fuzzy j.A setup you can use on Yu, Yosuke, and Mitsuru(yay). These are the same 3 the previously mentioned AoA (blocked) > fuzzy j.A works on.

blocked 5D > j.B(2) > dash 5A (JC) > fuzzy j.A 5DD etc

In theory it should work if the opponent was guessing you would do a 3rd high hit after the j.B, such as fuzzy j.A or j.214A+B. If they stayed blocking high when you do 5A, then switch to crouch seeing that you landed, they get fuzzy j.A. If they crouch-block the dash 5A and remain crouching, you end up with a cross-up 5DD crouch-hit.

Did a little testing but not sure why you're getting yellow-beat. I don't think neutral tech comes out later than forward/back/up in this game, but I could be wrong.

Another fuzzy j.A setup you can use on Yu, Yosuke, and Mitsuru(yay). These are the same 3 the previously mentioned AoA (blocked) > fuzzy j.A works on.

blocked 5D > j.B(2) > dash 5A (JC) > fuzzy j.A 5DD etc

In theory it should work if the opponent was guessing you would do a 3rd high hit after the j.B, such as fuzzy j.A or j.214A+B. If they stayed blocking high when you do 5A, then switch to crouch seeing that you landed, they get fuzzy j.A. If they crouch-block the dash 5A and remain crouching, you end up with a cross-up 5DD crouch-hit.

i get this to work on people a lot off of jB(1)(B, whiff if necessary) then 5A. a lot of people expect to block 2 hits so yeah haha

also after the jA 5D you can do airdash jBB for some more corner carry.

Oh good point I can definitely see it working there too. Glad to hear it works in practice, if only it worked on more of the cast.

yeah, it works on mitsuru(which is the most important matchup for me to know at least, haha) so you can do instant overhead into airdash mixup/fuzzy if they end up blocking the first mixup.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah it only works on Yu, Yosuke, Mitsuru. They're also characters you can get j.A/j.B (JC) fuzzy j.A on easiest as you'd expect (Yu being easiest).

Maybe obvious, but I was just trying it recently. If the opponent is late teching to avoid certain meaties after CH B+D or short combo to j.2A (like 2B 5C sjB jBB j2A), you can option select 2A-5B. If they tech immediately, 2A whiffs and you're still at advantage. If they delay at all 2A combos to 5B for decent combo options. Dash 2A gets them closer to corner so you can potentially turn it into 5D oki.

I always go for 5D after CH B+D... but I probably shouldnt lol

Yeah I see people get away with that a lot. Honestly not much reason not to do it if the opponent fails to realize its not meaty.