Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chazmobile

[P4A] Yosuke Combo Thread

Any chance of getting some of those translated? I can hardly make out what their combo notation is aside from a few things.

The following 2 work anywhere:

2C>delay 236B>j.236A-delay A>j.2C>2A>5C>dash cancel 5B>2B>j.2B>j.236-A>j.236B-A>j.2B>j.C>j.236C damage:4856 meter:39

2C>delay 236B>j.236A-delay A>j.2C>2A>5C>dash cancel 5AAA>j.236B-A>j.2B>j.C>j.236C damage:4669 meter:53

These 2 work if you push them to the corner:

2C>delay 236B>j.236A-A>j.236A delay A>j.2C>2A>2B>delay 5C>dash cancel 5AAA>j.236B-A>j.236A-A>2B damage:4540 meter:55

2C>delay 236B>j.2C>2A>2B>5C>dash cancel 5B>2B>j.2B>j.236A-A>j.236B-A>j.2B>j.C>j.236C damage:4822 meter:37

There is one more fatal that does the most damage and builds the most meter, but I can't get it to work. I figured the above combos out through trial and error so someone who can translate can figure out the last one and translate the notes about the combos. Here is what I think the last one is:

2C>delay 236B>j.2C>2A>2B>j.2B>j.236A-A>j.236A-delay A>j.2C>5B>5C>dash cancel delay 5AAA>j.236B-A>j.236C damage:5177 meter:61

2C>delay 236B>j.236A-delay A>j.2C>2A>5C>dash cancel 5AAA>j.236B-A>j.2B>j.C>j.236C damage:4669 meter:53

This thing

This right here, is basically perfect imo. Works as a regular 2C FC combo til after the j.2C, which is the perfect place to activate sukukaja if you don't already have it on, and then finish the combo. Using this for my main FC combo now.

Thanks so much

Is there a practical way to combo into tentafaroo midscreen though? I don't know any ways to combo into it except the challenge mode one off the corner wallbounce FC

I said 2a combos not raw 2a into sweep.

Totally misread that. My bad.

Also how do you go about the FC 2C combos. Do you just throw out 2C and hope it's a fatal counter, or can you get a fatal counter off of something else and then work your way into the 2C combos. I know it sounds dumb but I'm not sure. Also, whats the frame data on 2C?

Also how do you go about the FC 2C combos.

If they whiff something big (dp, super, etc..) i'll punish 2C starter. If i'm on the pressure i'll attempt a frame trap with 5C > delay > 2C or 5DD > delay > 2C. Frame data wise 2C is ~16f startup.

Strongest self sufficient fc combo i've seen. Corner/near corner only

Fc 2c 236b j.2c 2a (2c 5c iad j.c) x3 2c 5c 5aaa j.236b~a j.236236c/d. Builds around 60 meter before the super iirc, and does 6.4k, almost 6.5k... Shit is bonkers, but pretty strict on timing for the loops

Check out hayashi's replay on psn if you wanna see it. He's 2nd highest psr yosuke should be vs some liz

Fatal Counter 2c

2C > 236B > j.2C, 2.A, 2.B, 2.C, j.B, j.B, j.2B, Moonsault B, slash, slash, D Kunai, Super

Forget the damage off the top of my head. But you have to do moonsault B for the kunai to hit. The following moonsaults can be A though and it works. I think this does close to 6k.

Is there a practical way to combo into tentafaroo midscreen though? I don't know any ways to combo into it except the challenge mode one off the corner wallbounce FC

Yeah I think the only way is through FC or possible a OMC... haven't messed with it too much. one good way to land it though is to end a 5C, 2C blockstring with it. Use Tentarafoo C for best results. I land it pretty often even against good players, basically they expect the run and following mixup, but get caught by that. It's fairly safe too if they jump it, but it is risky, and they will catch on if you abuse it.

Fc 2c 236b j.2c 2a (2c 5c iad j.c) x3 2c 5c 5aaa j.236b~a j.236236c/d. Builds around 60 meter before the super iirc, and does 6.4k, almost 6.5k... Shit is bonkers, but pretty strict on timing for the loops

Check out hayashi's replay on psn if you wanna see it. He's 2nd highest psr yosuke should be vs some liz

you should upload it to youtube please.

I swear to god I was saving this exact combo for a cmv i was working on =/

you can start it from pretty much midscreen actually cuz there's so much carry.

I have a similiar version on pg 1 of this thread, and was saving a damaged maxed version, screw you hayashi

How much damage does the poison end up ticking off with along with the initial damage if you get the full duration anyway?

You can use Yosuke's IK to figure it out. His IK does exact hp left for damage. Throw Opponent, let full poison go, IK. Take damage of IK and add the value of Yosukes throw damage to it. Then subtract that from the opponents max health value. Number left is poisons max value. Id do it but im at work.

Edit: my stuff in this post is incorrect, see here for correct poison damage testing:

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?14917-Yosuke-Throw-poison-damage

Summary: poison from throws do 4.8% of the target's hp no matter what, including during awakening.

Just did the math/testing on Naoto (8000 hp)

Throw does 810, IK does 6806 after letting the poison tick all the way

8000 - 810 - 6806 =

384 poison damage

That's pretty pathetic :(

I wonder, does every poison effect in the game only tick for that much, or are they all unique?

May i ask on the 5a>5c>2c>236b how do you get that to link? ive been practicing my timings over and over and the comp can always block it ><. how quick is the 236b? >.>

Just did the math/testing on Naoto (8000 hp)

Throw does 810, IK does 6806 after letting the poison tick all the way

8000 - 810 - 6806 =

384 poison damage

That's pretty pathetic :(

I wonder, does every poison effect in the game only tick for that much, or are they all unique?

Thanks for doing the lab work.

I saw how little ticked off in the duration so I wasn't expecting much but that's even lower than I thought.

At least you can get around 3k damage off a OMC so I suppose it could be worse?

Yosuke isn't really about putting out huge damage off random hits like many other characters so we'll have to pick our spots to put out decent damage.

At least his awesome mobility makes up for it.

The speed and mobility is totally worth it. And when he does get FCs, the damage is actually pretty damn amazing for little/no meter use. The fact that his flavor effect off a throw does a miniscule amount of damage isn't anything to worry about :)

I am curious about the other poison damage effects, but they'd be harder to test I think, and I'm generally not a scientist in fighting games, I just play and on occasion go in training mode (much less often than I should)

I swear to god I was saving this exact combo for a cmv i was working on =/

you can start it from pretty much midscreen actually cuz there's so much carry.

I have a similiar version on pg 1 of this thread, and was saving a damaged maxed version, screw you hayashi

Combo is pretty dumb to do :/... Getting the landing 2Cs before they drop is probably the hardest part of it. Why isn't j.2C j.22C!?!!?!? D:

Huey, video will be here when it finished processing http://youtu.be/ZblWYXJrNHI

O.O that combo...FC 2C... That was crazy! Gonna do a little GG training then spending the rest of the day training to get this combo to at least 40% success rate (will increase % later) thanks for the upload needs to be put in the combo section in the front!

Been doing this combo off of air throw tested on yu.

AT(3rd hit)>OMC>land>dash>2A,2B,2C, j.BB, j.2B, dj.B, air kunai [optional garudyne].

Notes:

There are two places where you can cancel the combo. On the 2nd hit it will leave you in the air and slightly higher than the opponent and deals a miserable amount of damage (500-810 or something, I'll write down the actual numbers when I wake up and get a pen/paper) or the 3rd hit which imo is ideal since it leaves the opponent in the air, with a good amount of untechable timing and deals 1300 dmg. I don't know if cancelling at the 2nd or the 3rd hit leaves you with a better poration but I was unable to land j.236A series from cancelling at the 2nd hit or the 3rd hit.

I'm pretty sure that you can do more damage if you replace the OMC with a OMB and just use 2C as your pickup. I haven't tested it but I'll come back with results.

I go for AT usually after EX air kunai or after 236A~Kunai. After a normal 236A~kunai you can rush under your opponent and stagger 5A into 2B so that it will be an air unblockable or stagger 5A then jump into AT. Just a quick note, if you're going to try to stagger 5A into 2B you need to actually stagger it so they aren't in hitstun for a second, it seems like opponents can block air unblockables if the blockstring starts with a move that is airblockable and the string is a true string.