Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HexaNoid

[P4A] Aigis Q&A/FAQ Thread

Athena's counters can be somewhat useful as a deterrent for fullscreen attacks while you try and recharge Orgia meter, but it's an awful reversal.

2C is hella slow so it's only real use is as a punish, but even then it can only be followed up in the corner so it's not that great.

I've seen a couple Aigis players throw out random Megido Fires as approaches, and I don't really understand why - it seems unsafe to use that way. What's the reasoning behind that?

Any advice for doing the j.a, jc.a, j.b, j.2b, land, 5aa convert consistently? I can't seem to get any combination down 100 percent, I can do it a fair amount of the time but I'd like to do it in the most consistent fashion possible.

Thanks in advance.

I've seen a couple Aigis players throw out random Megido Fires as approaches, and I don't really understand why - it seems unsafe to use that way. What's the reasoning behind that?

Doing a forward jump into an Airturn C Megido actually propels you really far forward and due to it's hitbox most characters will have to block it. It's also safe on block so it's not too bad to throw out from time to time.

Any advice for doing the j.a, jc.a, j.b, j.2b, land, 5aa convert consistently? I can't seem to get any combination down 100 percent, I can do it a fair amount of the time but I'd like to do it in the most consistent fashion possible.

Thanks in advance.

It's really a height thing more than anything. Eventually you'll just know what it'll connect with enough practice. Try doing this in the corner so you can get a feel for the height you need to be at to connect 5A after j.2B:

5AA > 5B > 8A > 9A > j.B > j.2B > 5A > 5B > j.B > j.2B.

So that's jump straight up j.A then jump towards your opponent j.A. Midscreen try this:

IAD j.C(2) > sj.A > j.B > j.2B > 5AA > 22B > j.C > j.236D

Delay the j.B by a fair amount of time and you should be able to get it.

It's really a height thing more than anything. Eventually you'll just know what it'll connect with enough practice. Try doing this in the corner so you can get a feel for the height you need to be at to connect 5A after j.2B:

5AA > 5B > 8A > 9A > j.B > j.2B > 5A > 5B > j.B > j.2B.

So that's jump straight up j.A then jump towards your opponent j.A. Midscreen try this:

IAD j.C(2) > sj.A > j.B > j.2B > 5AA > 22B > j.C > j.236D

Delay the j.B by a fair amount of time and you should be able to get it.

I'm having issues getting the 5A to combo with the corner combo, is there a specific time to cancel a move? (Like say don't get the full 10 bullets from 5AA? Or do I need to do j.2B late? They always hit the ground and tech before my 5A comes out. I'm picking this character up faster than I had thought though- I think it's just lack of experience with the game overall because of the weird layout. (And I think I'm going to drop Yukiko to just a sub entirely, Aigis is so much more interesting to me)

Edit: And for some reason I just got it, the only thing I noticed that I did differently is that as I was falling I held 6... Also, Hex, you should put annotations on your CMV. Not that it's too big of a deal to decode it, just would be helpful to anyone that comes across it.

What are the differences between the two goddess shields asides from damage?

Start-up. Goddess Shield C is faster than the D version.

Does anyone know if, while you're in Orgia mode, sweep > bc jb > j.c > sweep > bc j.b > j.c > sweep > etc, has any gaps? The moves basically cancel into the other so I was curious.

Thanks for the help hex, I'm getting it down really consistently now. I knew delaying the j.b was probably the answer but sometimes it helps to have someone echo the sentiment to make sure you're practicing the right thing. I hope to help you with the wiki and matchup threads as time goes on. By the way, how do you sign up a name on the wiki, I couldn't seem to find the option.

Does anyone know if, while you're in Orgia mode, sweep > bc jb > j.c > sweep > bc j.b > j.c > sweep > etc, has any gaps? The moves basically cancel into the other so I was curious.

I think there's a gap between j.C > sweep and possibly between Sweep > j.B. Aigis' sweep isn't that fast.

Edit: And for some reason I just got it, the only thing I noticed that I did differently is that as I was falling I held 6... Also, Hex, you should put annotations on your CMV. Not that it's too big of a deal to decode it, just would be helpful to anyone that comes across it.

I've added a pastebin link to the description with all the notations.

By the way, how do you sign up a name on the wiki, I couldn't seem to find the option.

You don't need to sign up; you can edit it without an account. Thanks in advance for your help.

BD works even while in Overheat. Apparently there was supposed to be a downside to using it in overheat though, but nobody had noticed anything afaik.

Dunno about the spear invincibility.

BD works even while in Overheat. Apparently there was supposed to be a downside to using it in overheat though, but nobody had noticed anything afaik.

Dunno about the spear invincibility.

Please tell me that's a typo

Could we list all the possible options after a knockdown, both in and out of Orgia? I know some but I'm pretty sure I'm missing some too...

Crossup j.C really fast but it won't work every time. ):

Could we list all the possible options after a knockdown, both in and out of Orgia? I know some but I'm pretty sure I'm missing some too...

Crossup j.C really fast but it won't work every time. ):

Off the top of my head:

Non-orgia:

- safe jump j.B*

- sweep

- AOA

- empty jump low

- throw

Orgia:

- instant j.B

- sweep

- crossup airturn j.C**

- empty airturn crossup into sweep (a bit gimmicky but it's there)

- safe jump j.B* into mixup

- safe jump crossup j.B* into mixup

- throw

*safe jumps will not work against Kanji, Teddie or Yosuke.

** if spaced correctly, this can become a valid safe jump option against Kanji and Yosuke. Unsure about Teddie.

To add to that list, safe jump j.B > Boost j.B works for a double overhead in Orgia Mode too.

Kanji's BD has some kind of auto-guard property where if you attack him while he's doing it, you'll get hit while Yosuke and Teddie have counter-like BD's which, if activated, will hit you even if you're blocking (think Hakumen's counters).

I'm confused about safe jumps. Are there set-ups to them after certain moves that knockdown or is doing j.B on wake up automatically counts as one? Also what do you usually want to end your combos in to get a good oki situation in and out of Orgia mode?

I'm confused about safe jumps. Are there set-ups to them after certain moves that knockdown or is doing j.B on wake up automatically counts as one? Also what do you usually want to end your combos in to get a good oki situation in and out of Orgia mode?

If you want to you can throw out dash j.B to unknowingly players but try to avoid it

and as far as "oki" just do a simple combo and extend it as much as you can until you get a knockdown and switch out Orgia mode using 22A

From what Igathered watching vids what theyll do is aim for a persona setup and go back to orgia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ns3qamOVSf8&feature=g-u-u#t=4m57s

The combo itself doesn't matter as long as Aigis does a correctly timed air attack after a knockdown.

As for combos enders that gives oki, in Orgia mode, always go for a Megido ender. For non-Orgia enders, ground combos should end with a sweep and air combos should end with j.2B (you won't get much advantage of j.2B though so be wary of A mashers).

So, what's a good neutral-ish thing to do? I'm fond of doing 2B > 5D > 22A, but I feel like that's kind of lame and impotent - just a moderately safe way to Orgia.