Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chazmobile

[P4A] Yosuke Gameplay Discussion

Main_Header_Gameplay_Discussion.png

Talk about all things Yosuke related here. Keep it friendly, clean and have a nice time.

V1.02 patch changes to Yosuke

? 5A: Hittable box has been adjusted

? 2A: Hittable box has been adjusted

- Sweep [2A+B]: Recovery time has been increased

+ (During Sukukaja) 5B, 5C, 2C, j.C: Can now be jump-cancelled

Finally have some play time with the character; comin' to chat here about it.

Now I come to see everything "accidentally" deleted.

I'm very disappointed in you, DL.

Tell me about it, I went through the whole MM V1.02 video thread again to fully update the brand new and improved one we've got. But the Yosuke forums were basically dead anyway, so what harm does a nice fresh start do eh?

the wait to play BROSUKE AWESOMEMURA is killing me!!!!

the wait to play BROSUKE AWESOMEMURA is killing me!!!!

God I know right? This character is ten different shades of amazing, plus it helps that he plays like an absolute dream. Big thanks to Zen for letting us lads in Europe get our hands on this early.

God I know right? This character is ten different shades of amazing, plus it helps that he plays like an absolute dream. Big thanks to Zen for letting us lads in Europe get our hands on this early.

not to mention for me that is that his jap voice actor reminds me to much of a very missed anime that ended /crys kdfsjgharkgdskjbEWJwk

not to mention for me that is that his jap voice actor reminds me to much of a very missed anime that ended /crys kdfsjgharkgdskjbEWJwk

His personality, gameplay, winposes. GAH! Everything about Yosuke is too awesome. Glad i was able to help tidy up these forums a bit as well, they were looking a little dire before.

/Gushing

Edit: That being said, in the effort to keep this thread at least somewhat informative, would anyone like to add any experiences they've had playing Yosuke. Impressions/match-ups etc. Give us your info!!! I'll probably do a bit of a write-up soon because I've had a good sit-down with him (once again, big thanks to Zen) but if anyone else would like to add anything of worth, don't be shy. Let's get this discussion really rolling!

Well, I played him a bunch. Ask me questions I guess. I don't feel like writing a full expose on my experiences with him atm. :v:

hows his damage output? it seems he has to put in work to do damage

Yosuke's damage output is below average compared to the rest of the cast. However, he can still easily break 5k off a fatal.

Edit: Updated the video thread with 3 more sets of matches on 06/30/2012. They are against Kanji, S.Labrys and Yukiko. Go check them out! Thanks to DemonWindBomb for linking them to me.

Sorry for the double post but would you guys prefer if I also added in the names of those fighting in the video as well as the date of the videos? This would probably make it easier to track any players you enjoy watching as well as help prevent someone from watching the same video twice/make it easier to fine new videos.

hows his damage output? it seems he has to put in work to do damage

While it is relatively low, starting a combo off of anything other than 5A can make his simple combo do 3k with Garudyne.

Such as: 5B 5C 2C 236A j.236C Garyudyne doing about 2.8 to 3.0.

That's without moonsault. So he can do damage, it's just a bit harder for him to do big damage.

I believe in our lord and savior, Junes Christ. The only son of God.

Planning on subbing this character, so you'll be seeing more of me.

Updated the video thread with a couple more matches (Yosuke vs Akihiko and Yosuke vs Chie), once again big thanks to Demon Wind Bomb for providing them. I'll go scour for some more videos myself once I get back home on Sunday.

I will also tidy up the data thread and some others in an effort to make information as extensive and as readily available as possible.

Video thread has been updated with a healthy dose of around 6+ videos. Details on what videos have been added are in the last post in the video thread. Go check them out!

I have also tidied up the Data, Combo and Video threads to get them looking neater and make the information easier to find.

They are looking great so far Chaz. I have to get around to watching the videos you posted.

I was wondering if it would be a good idea to add the combos from the link Kurushii posted into the combo thread?

I don't actually feel confident adding in those combos because they're in moonspeak and google translate always goes so far... I just don't want to misinterpret it and add in a combo which is wrong.

The game's release date is actually pretty close now (for you guys at least :<) so i'm content with waiting a bit, unless you guys feel like they should be added in?

Edit: Also just added a good number of Yosuke matches to the video thread. Dates are 07/17/2012 and they're against Yu/Labrys/Mitsuru.

I here ya. I guess there's no reason to rush it since the game will be out in 3 weeks.

I do hope they release the release one for you guys soon. Having to wait any longer is bull.

Edit: So guys. Which color palette are you interested in?

Yosuke Color Palette

Edit: So guys. Which color palette are you interested in?

Yosuke Color Palette

I'd probably play with the default or Green color palette.

Does anyone know what his worse matchups are or have an idea of what his bad matchups are? I need to know what character to bitch about look out for.