Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A.X.I.S.

[P4A] Kanji Tatsumi Gameplay Discussion "Brofisting is in!"

I meant to update the video thread but school and life is getting in the way.

I will hop on it very very soon, at worst case I will have someone take over for me since I don't have as much free time as before.

If it would help, I have the tools to make an HD video showing combos from the thread. I spent a while doing it for Mitsuru and it turned out pretty nice. Take a look at it and let me know if this sort of thing would be good. I feel that I'm competent enough with Kanji that I could do every combo on the list.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsAwXzoAigA

Feel free to say "no".

And if there's anything else that a capture card would be good for, let me know. I'll be willing to help. Besides, wouldn't it be nice to have some stuff that wasn't recorded with a toaster?

If it would help, I have the tools to make an HD video showing combos from the thread. I spent a while doing it for Mitsuru and it turned out pretty nice. Take a look at it and let me know if this sort of thing would be good. I feel that I'm competent enough with Kanji that I could do every combo on the list.

Feel free to say "no".

And if there's anything else that a capture card would be good for, let me know. I'll be willing to help. Besides, wouldn't it be nice to have some stuff that wasn't recorded with a toaster?

I was thinking about this. Infact, I was thinking of making a youtube account to upload all the kanji combos like this one. http://www.youtube.com/user/TagerBBCS But, I didn't do it yet because I was too lazy to make another e-mail for youtube. :v:

I suppose it would be worth waiting until the combo thread OP is updated. There are a lot of combos that really aren't worth using at all there. Also worth noting, I haven't checked in the last few days, so I might be putting my foot in my mouth.

Not sure if this was mentioned already. But for some reason, after a successful Burn To A Crisp, you and your opponent can not successfully do a Fatal AoA D Wallbounce. A wall bounce doesn't occur, they just fall to the ground as if there was no wall. :/

I was thinking about this. Infact, I was thinking of making a youtube account to upload all the kanji combos like this one. http://www.youtube.com/user/TagerBBCS But, I didn't do it yet because I was too lazy to make another e-mail for youtube. :v:

http://10minutemail.com is a great way to deal with registrations. tho, for youtube I'd use a real e-mail to be able to recover password and so on.

Has this been brought up yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAtcril-GLs

if you do a 2C (or 5C or 236C/D) right after a 2C, T-M will appear where he disappeared, which is a little bit in front of where he started from. This means that if you mash 2C, T-M can travel across the screen.

If you do a 5C and hit, you can continue to do 2C, but if you miss the 5C, T-M will return.

You can also do a 236C/D from where the 2C disappeared.

This seems like useless tech, but maybe it can be used to show off.

Feel free to say "no".

I'm still not sure if anyone would like me to do this. It might actually be fun. I just need to know what you guys think.

If you do videos for each section instead of every individual combo then that would be great.

If you do videos for each section instead of every individual combo then that would be great.

that has the problem that if a new one gets added / replaced the whole video is pretty off.

I suppose what would be easier for me would be to split the video into the different sections of the combo thread. If it gets too long I'll just need to split it between a part 1 and part 2.

If newer stuff is discovered or added then I wouldn't mind making an updated version with just the new tech.

If that all sounds good with you guys, I can start on it once my stick is fixed this weekend. (I'm so sad, it happened yesterday) Worst case scenerio, I need to use a controller. I'm sure I could pull it off either way.

Cool, then I'll get to work on it tomorrow. I have time today, but since I'm going to a tourney where I plan to use a fightstick, I don't think it would be wise to start using a controller. I might even be able to get my stick fixed while I'm there, which would make things a great deal easier! Expect me to be finished sometime during next week.

Also, would you like me to include heat gain? It's not too much extra work to put in, but enough that i would appreciate being lazy. Let me know what you think.

I would love to get heat gain values so if you can do that then I'd love you.

Turn on inputs, and put slightly longer gaps between combos.

Do inputs really matter? I still plan on having the combos listed beneath. I agree that I need longer gaps, but it just didn't work out for my first one.

Inputs give a better impression of timing than just "here's the combo have fun" but they're not strictly necessary.

Inputs give a better impression of timing than just "here's the combo have fun" but they're not strictly necessary.

OK, not a problem. I hope I can get this done soon. But certainly not before Thursday.

Requesting a link to that Kanji combo that involves breaking 11~ chairs over the course of the whole thing. At least 4-5 are whiffs while the opponent is stuck in a 236C/D. I remembered seeing it in one of the Regional threads, but I don't know if I would be able to track it down. I think Circuitous or A.X.I.S. did it?

I'd like to use the video as a reference for troll combos.

So how is everyone enjoying Kanji life?

I find it more fun than Tager life.