Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HexaNoid

[P4A] Aigis Combo Thread

j.A > 5A > jc > j.B > j.C(2) > land > sj.C(2) > j.236D – 2,181/21

How does this start, just off a jump-in?

Looks like this.

About combos involving 2AB > Orgia Boost > j.B, is the whole sequence range specific, or combo starter specific? For example, if I do it point blank I find that the j.B just whiffs, and I feel like I'm doing it as fast as possible.

Would doing something like 2A 5A 5B 2AB Boost j.B work, so Sweep hits later and is cancellable to the boost faster? I feel like there's a trick to it but I don't have access to my PS3 to try.

About combos involving 2AB > Orgia Boost > j.B, is the whole sequence range specific, or combo starter specific? For example, if I do it point blank I find that the j.B just whiffs, and I feel like I'm doing it as fast as possible.

Would doing something like 2A 5A 5B 2AB Boost j.B work, so Sweep hits later and is cancellable to the boost faster? I feel like there's a trick to it but I don't have access to my PS3 to try.

That works.

j.B, 2A, 5A, 5B, 2AB, boost, j.B, j.A, 5AA, j.C (2 hits), 236CD

I just did it in practice mode. Kanji popped out of the first EX megido. Have to use the normal version.

It really is just down to doing the boost j.B as soon as possible. Even at point blank Sweep > Boost j.B shouldn't whiff unless you don't do it fast enough. Try holding forward as you do the boost j.B and see if that helps. Effectively you'll be doing this: Sweep > [6]B > j.C > etc.

And, like sa5an said, your combo path works as well, but you'll want to end in D Megido instead of going for the SB relaunch.

While on subject. This combo works in the corner:

(orgia) j.B, 2A, 2A, 5B, 2AB, boost, j.B, j.A, 5AA, j.C (2 hits), 236CD, hold back, 214A, sj.C (2 hits), 236C

Is it me or does Megido D start faster than C?

It really is just down to doing the boost j.B as soon as possible. Even at point blank Sweep > Boost j.B shouldn't whiff unless you don't do it fast enough. Try holding forward as you do the boost j.B and see if that helps. Effectively you'll be doing this: Sweep > [6]B > j.C > etc.

And, like sa5an said, your combo path works as well, but you'll want to end in D Megido instead of going for the SB relaunch.

Thanks for that alternate notation, I've got it down pat now. What would be a viable combo involving SB Megido? I can easily do Boost j.B j.C 5B j.B j.C(1) j.236CD 214A j.B j.C(1) j.236D but I'd like to see if there's a ground/non-CH starter that isn't raw sweep, as good as its range is, if possible. Or just an alternate ground starter combo in general.

I've already tried [optional 5A or 2A] 5B 2AB Boost j.B j.C(1) 5B j.B j.C(1) j.236CD 214A (j.B j.2B) or (j.B j.C j.236D) and I believe in both combos they tech before the j.2B or before the j.236D respectively even without the 5A or 2A at the start.Maybe taking out the j.B after the 2nd 5B would make it scale less but I forgot to try in the time I had to practice.

Does Aigis have any particularly damaging options with meter besides the obvious SB Megido combos, or is excess meter left to making things like her Furious Action safe? I can't seem to combo into her supers very well after an SB Megido unless the last j.C in her staple combos has enough hitstun left for any of her supers to combo after?

Unrelated: I remember playing you in BB on 360 netplay HexaNoid, your controller disconnected mid-match and I remember you thanking me for not taking the free win after beating me :P

In the first post, under Orgia Mode midscreen combos, you have

Throw -> Orgia Boost -> j.C -> 236D

listed. Why not

Throw -> Orgia Boost -> j.B -> 5B -> j.C(2) -> 236D

instead? It does 2132 damage, about 400 more.

stuff

You can combo her super after common starters.

Ex. 5aa>5b>j.c> j.236cd> 214a> 236c> 5ab> 236236c

this does a little more than 4k

I believe all the Megiddos have 14f of start up.

Great thread so far. How about some AoA combos? I'm new to these fighters so what I've come up with so far is pretty pitiful.

Would I be right in assuming Aigis almost always wants D Fatal Counters at the end as opposed to C? Seems like there's a lot more potential with them due to OMC and Orgia being the way it is.

I haven't really figured out any FC specific combos but I'm sure after AoA D in the corner you could do the standard 5B>5C>IAD stuff and for Megiddo stuff there or even bust out the 214AB shenanigans.

Would I be right in assuming Aigis almost always wants D Fatal Counters at the end as opposed to C?

Pretty much. In Normal Mode midscreen, you can use the D version to push them away and recharge Orgia or something, while in the corner you can do this:

[FC]AoA~D > 5B > 5C > 22B > j.C > j.236CD > 214A > j.B > j.B > j.C(2) > j.236D.

In Orgia Mode you can do the same combo as long as you replace 22B > j.C with Orgia Boost > j.C.

I believe all the Megiddos have 14f of start up.

I haven't really figured out any FC specific combos but I'm sure after AoA D in the corner you could do the standard 5B>5C>IAD stuff and for Megiddo stuff there or even bust out the 214AB shenanigans.

FCx2 214AB > OMB > 2C > j.C > sj.C > 236CD > 214A > 236C > AoA > 236236D > 214214C~~Does 8503 damage and consumes 150 SP.

Thanks for that alternate notation, I've got it down pat now. What would be a viable combo involving SB Megido? I can easily do Boost j.B j.C 5B j.B j.C(1) j.236CD 214A j.B j.C(1) j.236D but I'd like to see if there's a ground/non-CH starter that isn't raw sweep, as good as its range is, if possible. Or just an alternate ground starter combo in general.

I've already tried [optional 5A or 2A] 5B 2AB Boost j.B j.C(1) 5B j.B j.C(1) j.236CD 214A (j.B j.2B) or (j.B j.C j.236D) and I believe in both combos they tech before the j.2B or before the j.236D respectively even without the 5A or 2A at the start.Maybe taking out the j.B after the 2nd 5B would make it scale less but I forgot to try in the time I had to practice.

Does Aigis have any particularly damaging options with meter besides the obvious SB Megido combos, or is excess meter left to making things like her Furious Action safe? I can't seem to combo into her supers very well after an SB Megido unless the last j.C in her staple combos has enough hitstun left for any of her supers to combo after?

Most starters won't have enough of a good proration for it to be any worth spending 25%, I think. You're better off using 236D instead and going for a knockdown unless the combo starts from j.B, sweep, or something stupid like 2C or 214X.

I've just stopped playing so I won't test it out for you right now, but maybe if you use j.C j.236D at the end it may work. If you ever get a 5B starter, I think it might be better to go 5B 2AB Boost j.B j.C(1) 5B j.B j.C(1) j.236D for a knockdown.

Some stuff like ending combos with supers have been mentioned but you can also use it for Guard Cancels (VERY USEFUL), OMCs and occasionally 214CD. Also wake-up supers and OMCs for making them safe.

Instead of this

5AA > 22B > j.C(1) > j.236D > 5B > j.B > j.2B – 2,034/21

you can do this

5AA(1-2 hits) > 22B > j.C(1) > j.236D > 5B > j.A(2-3hits) > j.B > j.2B > 5A > 5B > j.B > j.2B

Does 2391 damage instead, though it's alot more work for a bit more damage.

Hey achedsphinx

on your aigeis combo 4 (http://youtu.be/LqhG3coSw8Q)

for some reason i can get most of this consistently EXCEPT for freaking hit 2 ( the j.B ). do you find the sweep being spacing dependent? I have found it is a bit easier for me to connect j.B if i have myself as far away from the opponent as possible for the sweep to hit.

Hey achedsphinx

on your aigeis combo 4 (http://youtu.be/LqhG3coSw8Q)

for some reason i can get most of this consistently EXCEPT for freaking hit 2 ( the j.B ). do you find the sweep being spacing dependent? I have found it is a bit easier for me to connect j.B if i have myself as far away from the opponent as possible for the sweep to hit.

I don't think sweep is spacing dependent for the combo to work. When I did the sweep > j.B > j.C, I stopped moving and jumped to connect the j.C two hits. If you're having problems with sweep > j.B, input j.B literally as soon as sweep hits or at the same time, that's how I normally get it.

What's Aigis best combo in terms of punishing dps and punishing in general? Any fatal counter combos?

Sweep > Double Megido works as good punish midscreen providing you're in Orgia Mode. Otherwise you should just go for a Mode Change combo (5AA > 22B > etc.). In the corner you can use 5C in the corner for slightly more damage both in Normal Mode or Orgia Mode.

Also, just use the combo you normally use for a FC combo unless you wanna go for some impractical swag.

Yo Hex, I'll add the combo I've been using quite often in the lower levels of play.

AoA~C > 236CD > 214A > 236C~ does about 4k damage, easy to do and its mad flashy. Connecting that fifty meter 214A is pretty fun. I only use it because people mash on wake-up so I can't really mix-up, and it's EASY. I'll probably upload it to youtube eventually.

Corner Combo: Must be in awakening mode and have 75 SP

Orgia Mode> j.B>5A>5B>5C>214214D>j.C(2hits)>236CD>214A>j.B>jc>j.B>j.C(2hits)>236D>B+D*

It does around 4.8 - 5k damage.

*You can follow up with mix-ups instead of B+D.

A couple questions regarding the combo list from the front page.

2B > jc > j.A > jc > j.A > j.B > j.2B > 5AA > 22B > j.A > jc > j.C(1) > j.236D – 2,293/23

How does this work? I'm under the impression j.c does not allow additional jump cancel nor anything else for matter except special/super cancel, am I wrong?

Also, whats a good 2B combo (besides that one) while in normal mode against a jump in on hit. I keep seeing every character have some crazy air juggle with their 2B that combo in to min of 2k+ plus oki and corner carry, whereas everytime I hit 2B its just a reset and I get no reward.

IAD j.C(2) > sj.A > j.B > j.2B > 5AA > 22B > j.C > j.236D – 2,453/23

IAD j.C(2) > sj.A > j.B > j.2B > 5A > 5B > j.B > j.2B – 1,894/15

How does these work? After the j.2B, my 5A misses 90% of the time, the opponent is basically teching with the white flash while I'm punching with 5A and not hitting. It connects once in a blue moon, I think due to specific height/position, but I have no way to control it. The same thing applies to all variations of air to air combo that lead to j.2B->5A, always missing or the final 22B>j.c gets teched.

jc means jump cancel, j.C means jump C

For the j.2B combos you want to do j.A near the peak of jump arc so you can do j.B>j.2B on the descent so you'll end up below the opponent and land before they do

Tried for about 3 hours, can't get it to work at all. The 2B anti jump in combo is INSANELY position dependent, I basically need to hit a jumping opponent at a specific height, with a specific set distance, canceled at a very specific time during 2B, and I can't even replicated it cleanly against a jumping dummy in training, never mind using it in a real match as anti air. Some other character like Kanji anti air combo I can do it on the first try, why is this so difficult? I had the j.2B miss due to opponent too high in air, 5A miss because opponent landed too fast, 22B->J.C miss because opponent could for some reason tech out of the 5AA stun etc ...

For IAD j.C(2) > sj.A > j.B > j.2B > 5AA > 22B > j.C > j.236D

The IAD j.C(2) > sj.A > j.B > j.2B I can do consistently, but the follow up 5AA always whiff as usual, but does connect once in a blue moon, and half of that had the 22B-j.C teched, other half everything worked. So like 5% success rate? Don't get it at all.

Don't think I can do anymore myself without a video showing the combos, maybe I misunderstood something or some trick that make this consistent?