Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Urichinan

[P4A] Shadow Labrys - Gameplay Discussion

What kind of unblockable setups does she have? Can she do command grab+2b(air unblockable..)?

What kind of unblockable setups does she have? Can she do command grab+2b(air unblockable..)?

So far we know that she can do simple unblockables like overhead+low, but we haven't seen anything forcing air unblockables.

Yes, she can do command grab -> 2B as an "unblockable" setup. I don't think it's super solid though from what I've heard. I've seen a few players in videos try a more bootleg version which was just command grab -> air throw. Which is breakable and probably also backdashable.

Her heavy Brutal Impact is also unblockable but I haven't seen or heard of any setups into it yet. I was thinking it might be possible with Infernal Hellfire with the right setup, but I dunno.

Alright everybody, I got the video thread updated. I left out a few matches from the video thread due to lack of player skill. So I tried to pick out only players and matches that are worth watching.

Looking forward to using this character, her combos look so brutal. I haven't been super impressed by a lot of JP Shadow Labrys videos yet though, hopefully that changes as time passes.

Looking forward to using this character, her combos look so brutal. I haven't been super impressed by a lot of JP Shadow Labrys videos yet though, hopefully that changes as time passes.

There's some good S. Lab players, they just aren't on Nico / Youtube very often. But come console release, there will probably be a lot of new discoveries with her. Hell, I'm actually waiting to get my hands on this console port so I can try out all this stuff I've been thinking of testing out over the past few months. :V

In the end? how is this character, i don´t know if she is good or bad. People said that she deal low dmg, but in some matches i saw her doing 5K combos, even with that in other matches i saw her trying to finish the opponent with 4 mixup, when the rival only have less than 1/4 life gaugue. Having to do 4 mixup to finish a character that have less than 1/4 life is kinda sad U_U.

In the end? how is this character, i don´t know if she is good or bad. People said that she deal low dmg, but in some matches i saw her doing 5K combos, even with that in other matches i saw her trying to finish the opponent with 4 mixup, when the rival only have less than 1/4 life gaugue. Having to do 4 mixup to finish a character that have less than 1/4 life is kinda sad U_U.

Her damage doing 5k combos require her to be in awakening mode (in other words, you need to be somewhat near death to do the high damage combos). Outside of Awakening, her damage away from the corner and at the corner isn't all that great..... but that doesn't mean things won't change after people start grinding out on the console port.

As for doing 4 mixups to kill an opponent at 1/4 life..... S. Lab will do very little damage to her opponents when they are at low health (due to awakening mode giving them higher defense). That just means you gotta make sure you capitalize on all the damage you can so that they enter awakening at the lowest health possible. But it shouldn't take 4 mixups to kill an awakened character if you're maximizing your damage..... 3 mixups at most.

Don't worry about her being a good or bad character. If you look at the match vids, you can see she still gets her share of wins. Just play the character you like.

It's good to see that. I haven't seen any gameplay of Kuushido that I can remember, so I look forward to watching them.

Reria is definitely a good player to look out for, he's probably the strongest Shadow Labrys next to Sazanami right now.

I feel impatient waiting for this game. Watching match videos is fine and good but I wanna take this girl to dat lab already. I need to revive my scene so badly.

There's 3 Shadow Labrys' that have qualified for Tougeki. Reria, Kuushido and Tomo are the players.

Here's the full list:

http://romancancel.blogspot.com/2012/07/p4u-tougeki-lineup.html

:( Soo sad... Reria and Tomo both dropped Labrys.

She seemed better than Shadow to start with... then again Tomo lost quite afew qualifiers with Labrys (normal)

I'm really leaning towards this character. My general game play is defensive, doing simple combo, and simply outwitting my opponent. Can S.Labrys compliment this? She seems to be her best at neutral game with some potential in defense situation.

I'm really leaning towards this character. My general game play is defensive, doing simple combo, and simply outwitting my opponent. Can S.Labrys compliment this? She seems to be her best at neutral game with some potential in defense situation.

She doesn't have much in the way of defense, aside from that she fits the rest. Her game plan is mainly to score a knockdown and go for mixups from there. She has good pokes, but her Persona is very slow. Her combos are short, but she has the potential for longer ones.

She doesn't have much in the way of defense, aside from that she fits the rest. Her game plan is mainly to score a knockdown and go for mixups from there. She has good pokes, but her Persona is very slow. Her combos are short, but she has the potential for longer ones.

Im really weak in initiative offense such as pressuring, mixup. I may be able to handle combos but hit confirms is the real issue for me. I've only bveen able to reliable do bnb's if done from punisher, set ups,parry/counter like situation. Well while it does seem true she working with limited defensive traits, I'm confident i can improvise with the universal mechanics in defense. *Gurd cancel, dogde, short hop, all out attack*

Im really weak in initiative offense such as pressuring, mixup. I may be able to handle combos but hit confirms is the real issue for me. I've only bveen able to reliable do bnb's if done from punisher, set ups,parry/counter like situation. Well while it does seem true she working with limited defensive traits, I'm confident i can improvise with the universal mechanics in defense. *Gurd cancel, dogde, short hop, all out attack*

Well you have a good amount time to confirm off 2C, CH jB, 5D crossups, and her command grab, if you're that worried about confirming. But honestly, confirming in this game doesn't seem that strict. At least not in general. Also 5D guarding is another thing you'll have to use on defense.

Confirming felt a little strict for me. Maybe it's because I'm still new to the game.

I'm still trying to learn, and for sure she isn't the easiest character on the list. Shes rewarding though. It would be nice if Reria just taught me her. Lol. There are extremely low players for S. Labrys. There are a lot of Yu's lately.