Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Skye

[P4A] Akihiko Combo & Gameplay Discussion Thread

thiat is what I mean. That was good dude. You stayed calm when conveying your points. People trying to put out a fire with gasoline. Its amusing. Anyways I realize my approach to the matter wasn't most effecient and that the game just came out a week ago so maybe im expecting to much.

Thats one thing I enjoy about akihiko is that hes scary with meter. I win all the time with 1 hp left(or close to it) because the opponent will get sloppy and ill come back for half their health or more. Another interesting thing is 5b Fc has enough hitstun to link his AOA. Idk how valid this is, but it could lead to something

Actually I noticed that too, but when I tried making some combos it didn't really prorate very well damage wise, so I guess it can be left for of his flashy combos lol

My whole problem started with the combo section being 90% 5b fc. Its really hard to land it fc. You have to bait an r-action, or an open special, or evasive maneuver a slow move. Don't get me wrong, 7k-10k off it on fc is amazing. But relying too much on such a gimmicky situation is bad salt. My personal oki in the corner, which I get people into a lot is 5c(most people block for that sweep). They get up, I do it again. They give up and finally go high and then I sweep. Not everyone reacts like this but everytime I perfect someone its because they never got out of the corner. 5c on Ch in corner, ex corkscrew, things you do in everyday matches didn't have combos here. So I spent some time finding them and posted them on here. I want his midrange capacity to grow more than his "i have 150 heat and a burst! MUST land 5b fc!"...

Oh yeah, you can also 214C 6C BD on 5B (1) FC, but I couldn't really figure out what else to add with omitting the 236B

EDIT: Adding some optimal 2AB OMC combos might be good now that I think about it lol

Oh wow, sounds similar to my 5 ch corner combo. Thats a lvl 2 cyclone b+d correct? I wonder if you can get any jump reps with it? Or maybe a Sj.b >214 a>A+B+C>go from there

I get that you're trying to contribute to the thread and i may have come off a little err... aggreesive? (not really) I just didn't like that condescending tone you were taking. As others have stated, the thread is still under construction and doesn't necessarily have every single combo. If it looked like i was attacking you, that wasn't my intention.

Anyways, in regards to the 214C 6C/D BD, would that prorate the combo? If not, I think you'll be able to go into a 5B> JB jump loop?

I still think you're better off with the 5B> 236B combo rather than anything else. Are assault dive air combos any good? I don't think i've used any variation of them (besides AOAs)

Technically, you can always hit 5B after B+D so long it's at least lvl 2 (I think; maybe lvl 1, not completely sure). Reason being that higher lvl B+D knocks them higher into the air, giving you more time to recover. The problem is that, without the added bonus of fatal counter, the loop isn't going to work (or at least not very well).

Im starting to find out so yes. Air assault is a good meterless ender. Ive been testing out what a good OMC can do after you've landed but for now options are still small.

Akihiko frame data from the jp wiki.

http://w.livedoor.jp/p4u_matome/d/%bf%bf%c5%c4%cc%c0%c9%a7%a1%a1%be%ae%a5%cd%a5%bf

Note:

As stated in the wiki,if the frame data does not make sense,add 1F to hit stun,

block stun and untech time.

I went through his specials and added them where necessary.(hit stun and block stun)

Nevertheless,someone should double-check all of this,if possible.

[TABLE=class: grid, width: 500]

[/TD]

Start up:

SD:

Hit stun:

Untech time:

5A

5F

±0F

12F

14F

5AA

9F

-2F

14F

16F

5AAA

11F

-7F

14F

16F

5B

6F

-4F

22/18F

20F

5C

25F

-5F

2A

5F

-2F

10F

12F

2B

7F

-15F

14F

16F

2C

30F

±0

j.A

7F

12F

14F

j.B

9F

14F

16F

j.C

10F of landing recovery

28F

j.D

48F total Duration

5D/2D

29F total Duration

Thunder fist C

1+9F

Thunder fist D

1F-24F invincible

1+27F

[/TABLE]

[TABLE=class: grid, width: 500]

Start up:

SD:

Hit stun:

Block stun:

Untech time:

Fastest possible cancel:

Kill rush A:

11F

-4F

22F

21F

29F

8F+start up of next move

Kill rush B:

24F

-8F

29F

21F

29F

8F+start up of next move

Kill rush SB:

11F

-8F

31F

21F

29F

8F+ start up of next move

Corkscrew A:

6F

-18F

30F

Corkscrew B:

9F

-18F

30F

Corkscrew SB:

1F-18F

invincible

15F

-19F

Hook A:

13F

-6F

15F

14F

Hook B:

21F

+3F

21F

20F

Hook SB:

1F-25F

guard point

23F

+1F

25F

29F

Duck C:

22F total

10F

Duck D:

34F total

10F

Duck SB:

20F total

6F

Weave C:

24F

(shortest)

10F

Weave D:

41F total

10F

Weave SB:

5F-25F

invincible

44F total

4F

Assault Dive A:

10F

-15F

Assault Dive B:

22F

-15F

38F

Assault Dive SB:

10F

-15F

[TD]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE=class: grid]

[/TABLE]

Closeout Blow:

A: 4F-12F guard point,18F recovery

B: 4F-24F guard point,27F Recovery

SB: 4F-36F guard point, 6F Recovery

i got a couple things to add here. in the first post, i think theres a typo in the fir j.c CH combo. it says 236c, i think its suppose to be 236a.

and i have a few combos that aren't listed i think

j.b ( air hit ) > 5b > j.b > 5aa > 2a+b > 236a > 6b

if you're near the corner, you can do 2a > 236a+b > B+D > 2a+b > 236a > 6b after the first j.b instead

j.c CH > dash 5aa > [ 5b > j.b ]x2 > 5aa 2a+b > 236a > 6b

delay the 5b a tiny bit to make it more consistent

2b anti air CH> 7 jump IAD j.b > 5b > j.b > 5aa > 2a+b > 236a > 6b

this is my first post btw, so sorry if this is old.

i got a couple things to add here. in the first post, i think theres a typo in the fir j.c CH combo. it says 236c, i think its suppose to be 236a.

and i have a few combos that aren't listed i think

j.b ( air hit ) > 5b > j.b > 5aa > 2a+b > 236a > 6b

if you're near the corner, you can do 2a > 236a+b B+D > 236a > 6b after the first j.b instead

j.c CH > dash 5aa > [ 5b > j.b ]x2 > 5aa 2a+b > 236a > 6b

delay the 5b a tiny bit to make it more consistent

2b anti air CH> 7 jump IAD j.b > 5b > j.b > 5aa > 2a+b > 236a > 6b

this is my post btw, so sorry if this is old.

Just a question, but isnt the loop (2b > j.b)x2 on the J.C counter hit combo?

Either or works.

I think 2B > jB loops do more damage than 5B > jB loops.

Typically, 2B > jB loops are more difficult, because your opponent has to start higher in the air than 5B > jB loops. That's why combos using the former typically switch to the latter after a couple reps. Given that your opponent falls a little lower with every loop, at a certain point, you'll have to switch to 5B > jB.

And just as a general note, you need to watch your opponent's height when it comes landing jB or 2B CH on them while they're air. That height is what determines whether you can do any loops at all, or if you have to go straight into 2AA > 2A+B > 236A > 6B.

Alright, makes sense. I was just wondering because i see combos on MM that say 2b > J.b. But here its 5b > J.B.

Also, how do you guys feel with combos with thunder fist like in the challenge mode. Sometimes vs like yosuke, i'd use the challenge mode combo to stun him rather than end with the uppercut super.

Paralysis is fun to inflict and all, but given that Akihiko still needs to approach (ergo, turning it into just another mind match between him and his opponent), it doesn't really provide enough bang for your meter most of the time.

Thunder Fists' best usage is super canceling a failed FA to make it safe.

So maybe someone else knows what happened or can work to figure it out....

I was testing combos after lvl 2 or 3 throw and I was doing the standard b+A, f+d, b+B[hold], b+D(slight delay) b+B and then I was going for a finisher of sweep and randomly I was able to do sweep into killrush and it looks like I could have done a F+A afterwards.. but then I tried again for awhile and I couldn't get it to work? Anyone have any clues on this one?

might have to do with sweep height and killrush timing (lower is better) but probably not.. seems too prorated for that. think most you can do is sweep>weave/duck>corkscrew

If you do it they seem to pop out instantly after the sweep everytime so I am unsure. Usual ender is like b+a,f+d,B+b,Weave+d, B+D > some finisher (Ie sweep xx weave xx corckscrew) . Like you said it seems like it wouldn't work so I don't know maybe I accidentaly reset the combo at some point and didn't notice : /

Is there a mix-up section for Aki? Wondering what the basics of Aki's mix ups are. Like, what's preventing players from just hold up back during pressure or mashing buttons?

Is there a mix-up section for Aki? Wondering what the basics of Aki's mix ups are. Like, what's preventing players from just hold up back during pressure or mashing buttons?
no but there should be. his only high/low mixup is between AOA and sweep which is fairly easy to block. his main way to deal damage without meter is frame trap/throw. his normal gatlings can be delayed for quite a long time. During a special series he can cancel into sweep to hit mashing (deals no damage though), or cancel into duck for a throw or some other follow-up and it's vulnerable to mash/up back. The latter is pretty bad TBH.

It completely changes once he gets meter though, because he can cancel any string into EX Duck > Corkscrew for a cross-up. Any blocked A Kill Rush can go into A Hook > EX Duck > Corkscrew - it will cross up even if inputted as quickly as possible and fatal counters mashing/hits jumping. Shit is stupidly fast, it's basically impossible to react to. The fear of eating a cross-up fatal helps land his other basic mixup a lot.

If someone tries to up back after killrush then I normally just sweep them. Against mashers I usually use his AOA attack or duck>throw if they have slow attacks. I used to use b.hook>duck>corkscrew to catch mashers but it seems too easy for their button presses to miss the gap if they don't mash hard enough.