Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Skye

[P4A] Akihiko Q&A/FAQ Thread

Not going to EVO, sorry. Rep up proud!

On the off chance I can scrounge up enough money I'm trying to work on optimizing my confirms. With them being so few and far inbetween in some MUs -- *cough* Yukiko. I feel like besides basic fundamentals the next step to solidifying my play is making every hit really count. I've got a few gimmicks but definitely need to work on my optimization.

Nice work, superscience.

ummm hey, lol i don't play akihiko, but i'm trying to get some information on one of his EX moves. The one where he flashes blue & appears on the other side of you, that move.

when an akihiko does that, how do you block or guard against it? half of the time i don't see it coming

AFAIK, SB Duck can be grabbed or DP'd before the follow-up comes out. I think it's 5A-able too, if your 5A is fast enough.

SB duck is like 7 frames, grabbing him is theoretically possible granted you do it early enough, but I wouldn't bet on it, most people just yomi it and block the other direction, very few people can react to it. You can dp a follow up, but Akihiko can choose to not follow up and recover in time to block a dp should he see one coming, depending on the block string, mashing out with a normal can turn the blockstring into a frame trap that can cost you 3-6k.

My best advice is to;

1. Pay attention to attack patterns to properly guess when an SB duck may happen.

2. Adjust your footsies and neutral so you're not put into a position where you can get crossed up.

Short story, I was playing a few sets with a local and I when I would SB duck into Corkscrew I would get FC causing a crumple instead of the intended wall bounce. How can I make the most of this? should I treat this as if I hit him with a lv 3 CH boomerang hook?

2b > j.b > 5b > j.b > 5aa > 2ab > killrush > cork

If you score a level 3 FC cork without using meter then;

2b > j.b > 5aaaa => 4d => 6b

If course if the situation calls for it, you can replace weave => cork with dp (1) => cyclone.

OK so I've been using Aki for a while now and I see combo videos saying Aki can J.B loop up to three times!! is that still possible? (I can only do it once)

Only under extremely specific scenarios and two is the practical number of reps.

You sure it's post-patch?

Yea its definitely Post-Patch I just cant seem to get the timing down for even 2 loops and im guessing the 5AA at the end of the loops is under strict timing?

What's your combo? The proration does factor in how many reps you can pull off.

It's possible that they may be too low when you're starting the second rep. You can add a 2a/5a before the 5b of the second rep to make it easier

im fine with akihiko's combos and damage however i dont know how to get in on the opponent. people like mitsuru and aigis always keep me out and i try weaving in to them but it dosent work 100% i also tried using persona to suck em in and then do a evasive action to go behind them but they always hit my persona or me. how would akihiko get in on a opponent?