Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hatred Edge

[Accent Core] Sol Badguy General Discussion

(Bitch slaps himself) Hmm...Sols voice...It now sounds like it matches his moves. I noticed how he said somthin like "Zantaki" and "Nusheo" when he did VV. I know this is voice C, can anybody please link a vid with voice A? I really like how its harder to tell if the Badguy is doing Gun flame or Gun Flame Feint. So anybody else lovin the clean hit Grand Viper sound? You see Sols face? He's all like:"AHHH! Clean Hit Grand Viper! Get outta here bitch!" I saw how Sol was able to follow up Volcanic Viper with a combo when he didn't do the knockdown. Was this always possible? Man I can't wait to see what comes out of the Baguy's air throw being untechable.

The standard followup after a BB seems to be dash 2D -> VV.

Bleh, whatever. I don't like what I've seen so far. Sol looks kinda boring now.

I've had the same feeling too. The more Sol videos I watch, the less excited I feel about playing AC. However, when I watch Ky and Order Sol videos, my mouth salivates at the potential those characters have. I may even pick up Dizzy again as well!

Things I like about AC Sol:

- Untechable throw

- New GV

- VV back to #R VV

- CL SW easier to hit

Things I dislike about AC Sol:

- BB sucks (follow up combo in the corner is rather lack-luster)

- Fast-Break Fafnir seems worthless (OS's seems much better in comparison)

- 0 recovery on j.H gone

- VV back to #R VV (less damage :()

Overall, it seems like characters all got something new and fresh to play with... but Sol seems like the same old Sol we've been playing since XX minus the DL. I was hoping for cool, new stuff that made Sol exciting again... but there's nothing at the moment. It's still early in the game, so it's difficult to say how much potential Sol has in this version of GGXX. However, regardless if he's still good or not (I'm sure he'll still be a very solid character), I don't see him being that exciting to play.

sol has air bandit revolver loops dont forget about that! Its not as crazy as it was in the beta apperently, but its still there. Plus supposedly you can dust loop again a bit shrug. Also the damage buffer on command throw, or side winder has to be lower, cuz ive seen command throw to side winder X5-6(I forget what it was) do like 45% no gaurd meter. So yea side winder combos do more damage shruuuug.

Comparing HOS and Sol FBs: The thing is, I don't think HOS's Fafnir is completely safe on block, whereas I am pretty sure that Sol's is (I would not be surprised if it was still like the old games and gave small advantage on block). Sol also has the clean hit which allows followup midscreen (HOS Fafnir has to be counterhit). In addition, HOS doesn't have the TR followup, which costs extra meter, but adds damage and also probably comboability if you don't get the clean hit and you combo off of the wallbounce from the TR. In this respect, the only real advantage HOS has is that his FB hits low. That's still pretty great, but eh. Doesn't make Sol look any more interesting in AC. I'm sure he'll still be a good character, I just got used to always having something new to mess with in each game and so far he just looks like Slash Sol. =\

I havnt seen a video of the BR loop myself, but I wouldnt be suprised if there was one. A lot of videos dont get posted on sites, but on BBSs and stuff... So you have to look there shrug.

I don't remember much about my time playing against Sol today. He seemed largely the same. Kinda odd how Gunflame Feint actually "hits" now. It does like 1 damage like a taunt but it hits where he slams the sword into the ground. One major cool addition is that VV knockdown works anywhere like in #R. Bad part is it does less damage. Overall my roommate(who's main is Sol) says he doesn't feel all that different at all.

Small combo movie for AC Sol showing him using Fafnir in some combos(just the regular one, no Tyrant Rave), and some slide combos. Picture quality ain't all that great though. Check the request thread in Guilty Pleasure, as Spirit Juice has put up a youtube link. Fafnir does take a decent chunk of life when used in combos from what I can see.

Seems you can link some power dunks on potemkin when he slides... I wonder if possible on faust to.. However ive only seen it on pot. Unfortatnly the damage seems quite pathetic.

mmm I have read the oficican changes but i have a question >-< ground viper have a new finish move that can make Clear hit right? how it make clear hit? if you hit you oponent in the ground it makes clear hit? im reading this post but i not found this info >.< sorry for the trouble >-<

I've had the same feeling too. The more Sol videos I watch, the less excited I feel about playing AC. However, when I watch Ky and Order Sol videos, my mouth salivates at the potential those characters have. I may even pick up Dizzy again as well!

Things I like about AC Sol:

- Untechable throw

- New GV

- VV back to #R VV

- CL SW easier to hit

Things I dislike about AC Sol:

- BB sucks (follow up combo in the corner is rather lack-luster)

- Fast-Break Fafnir seems worthless (OS's seems much better in comparison)

- 0 recovery on j.H gone

- VV back to #R VV (less damage :()

Overall, it seems like characters all got something new and fresh to play with... but Sol seems like the same old Sol we've been playing since XX minus the DL. I was hoping for cool, new stuff that made Sol exciting again... but there's nothing at the moment. It's still early in the game, so it's difficult to say how much potential Sol has in this version of GGXX. However, regardless if he's still good or not (I'm sure he'll still be a very solid character), I don't see him being that exciting to play.

we got AC in houston last saturday and ive been the arcade about three times. saturday, sunday, monday. and saturday i played sol alittle. but most of sunday i just played HOS cause sol was boring me, however monday i just played lots of sol, and we got some matches recorded. they will be up for download shortly i hope. our arcade will host them, but there going to japan next week so if he doesnt get them up intime im going to upload them to youtube. i hate you tube.

but the point is, i agree, hes like almost excatly like slash, except add Force Break Ground Slide and Slash Back. His damage feels good though and i have not quite masterd those sidewinder combos in AC "yes i know its easier because they made it where you could hit the oppent higher. but you can go as low either.". plus im sure you guys saw that private place combo vid? untechable bandit revolver? i think im liking that. or atleast it looks that way?

Random thought, maybe after power dunk on larger characters when there on the ground like faust, potemkin, baiken etc you can get a air dash slash, dust/hs then combo or something to that exstent? So hitting mid screen power dunks would acctualy be easier to combo after maybe. Id be pretty suprised if it didnt work at least on potemkin, considering theres been videos of sol getting power dunk loops on him. So I would think it would be pretty plausiable.