Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Skye

[P4A] Akihiko Gameplay Discussion

Main_Header_Gameplay_Discussion.png

Credit to Kurushii for Graphical work.

This thread exists for:

• Any Akihiko related talk that doesn't revolve around videos/changes from *previous version of P4U* to *current version of P4U*/combos, examples include but not excluded to, Netplay/Ranbat shenanigans, story related stuff, music related stuff, colors, artworks, etc etc.
  • Netplay Match making - Come here if you want to fight an Akihiko player online.
  • Bitching and moaning about Akihiko, either x change he received or how much of a bullshit character he is and how he shouldn't be in the game butthurp etc etc. Though I warn you, don't let it get to an argument. Take the cat fights to PMs.

Can I get a link to see all his colors please?

Congratulations on being a mod Skye, I remember fighting you a bunch in BBCS ages ago lol. Haven't been to Dustloop in a while, getting geared up for P4 and the new GG.

Color_Palette.png

And thank you.

Im guessing that the reference palettes are console exclusives then?

Also, getting supa hype for Aki. I really wanted to try out the hop loop but w/e.

One exist still, but it's on FC only.

Really dig palettes 2, 3, and 8, but I'll probably mainly use 8 lol. Can't wait to actually have the game itself so I can actually learn combos and not use my money on cabs going through arcade mode with an awful Akihiko.

I'll roll with 8 or 3 until I can download the Slayer palette.

Watched the a-cho batch of P4A footage, though all I could find for Aki was near the end with some Aki vs Kanji matches. Lol holy shit, I didn't know Kanji could combo into his grab super.

Full Palette list.

Thank Circuitous.

blAFc.png

lVC4L.png

Oh man the Bang and Sol palettes are great. By the way, I still don't understand how to put on the goggles lol. Skye you wouldn't per chance happen to know how to put them on would you?

Oh man the Bang and Sol palettes are great. By the way, I still don't understand how to put on the goggles lol. Skye you wouldn't per chance happen to know how to put them on would you?

That's not a Sol palette, it's a Slayer one. Look at Ceaser.

And the goggles are DLC accessories. You put them on in the character select screen.

Of course you need to download it first.

Whoops my mistake, the Akihiko sprite still functions as a Sol palette too as far as I'm concerned lol. And I asked about the goggles 'cause I wanted to see if I could use them playing at the arcade, but I guess that's a no go. Poopy.

I think the goggles also change colors with the palette you choose.

OGU rocks the fifth DLC palette and pink goggles (prob from color palette #7).

To anyone who's played the game so far, does anyone have a basic understanding of how his mix-up game works?

Trying to understand it by watching videos, not sure why they choose the moves they do. Or for example, why everyone eats his sweep when he never does any over heads (or I don't think he does).

General idea on mix-up game?

I think it's probably because it's the frame traps they're being more wary of I'm guessing. That, and grabs. I mean generally I don't see why people wouldn't block low, but maybe they're expecting an overhead. With the blockstun of the 214A/B, it might be a frame trap of some sort too.

I'm still messing around a lot in training mode, but as for the primary mix-up, since his high-low game really isn't anything to be afraid of, he has to rely on weaving/ducking into boomerang hook, possibly EX weaving for cross-up into high/low guessing, and throw/throw baits with weaving into the opponents face, and short jumping or whatever it's called. Run-on sentence sorry, but those are the general things I can think of for his mix-up game after playing for a couple days lol.

I think you mean 236a/b...

And the fruit of Akihiko's pressure game is more or less his cross ups than his mix ups.

Plus Akihiko has 2 overheads that he can use in a blockstring. His AOA and 5c, 5c can be picked up with a OMB if I recall correctly and his AOA and net him about 3k in the corner, which is notable enough damage.

Just stating facts since I never touched the game yet...

Lol I got a little mixed up, I meant the boomerang hook, just already assuming one had already used ducking or weaving to get into that stance or whatever.

Also yeah he can pick it up with the OMB, and since everyone has seen the vids they probably know just how good of a starter it is..lol. Kinda slow/easy to block but regardless it is an overhead he can use.

Crossups probably are the brunt of his pressure, even though I'm playing I still get kind of confused while I'm just staggering 5As 2As and 5Bs lol. I haven't exactly watched a whole lot of akihiko vids :c

So, other than Kill Rush, the throw, the divepunch and the parry stance, how can we access the Kill Rush follow-ups? The P4A wiki you folks set up says that you can access them during the auto-combo, but I need a confirmation.

Have you watched any videos?

Any at all?