Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shinsyn

[P4A] Yu Narukami - Combo Thread

wut, I did them on my first try

I put A on A and B on X (360)

I just mash them both with my thumb and as soon I get near the 15th hit I press the followup button.

wut, I did them on my first try

I put A on A and B on X (360)

I just mash them both with my thumb and as soon I get near the 15th hit I press the followup button.

oh so that's why.. I'm on standard BB keys lol.. will try later thanks

np :)

Btw, my version of challenge 30 is more simple and deals more damage lol:

214A dash B+D XSlash 2B 5C OMB dash XSlash 2B XSlash

The demo is really stylish though

You can do that combo on a standing opponent too, just do it all as fast as possible. Hitstun on the 5C isn't very long so it helps to buffer in the 214D during the 5C.

Sorry, I'm an idiot :/ I wasn't doing 5C.

CH throw combos midscreen/approaching corner:

Midscreen

CH C+D > (slight delay) dash 5B > 5C > 2C (DC): 2066/13

CH C+D > (slight delay) dash 5B > 5C > 2C > (delay) Ziodyne: 2977

Approaching corner (no wall bounce)

CH C+D > (slight delay) dash 5B > 5C > 2C (DC) > j.B > j.C > j.B+D: 2480/20

CH C+D > (slight delay) dash 5B > 5C > 2C (DC) > j.B > j.C > j.B+D > Ziodyne: 3365

Nothing too impressive but didn't see midscreen CH throw combos posted yet.

As always, someone say if there are better options than this.

EDIT: bah, apparently this is character specific, editting in who it works on.

Mitsuru, Naoto, Elizabeth, Yosuke, Chie, Teddie.

Uh...off 5D starter do

5D>5B>5DD>214B>dash 2B>j.C>j.214B>2B>j.C>j.214A>5AAA

Does 4211 damage meterless and builds 49 meter

There's no way to end that with a sweep near the end to set up D again is there?

Nah, if you want oki you do 5D>5B>2B>5DD>214B>dash 2AB. If they're crouching and in the corner you may be able to get away with more and end with 5C>2C dash cancel sweep

I was thinking that if you can bold out the heat requirements.

Also for the gimmicks/resets I got one

Excuse shit notation: 5A > 2B > sweep > delay 5D (if they don't tech) > Raging lion B.

Simple but works. Do whatever you want for a RL follow up from midscreen/corner

Alright got the game and this won't work:

5B (2B) 5C 214C 5A 5C 2C delay 214B 5B (2B) (JC) j.C j.214A 5AAA

Weird combo system lol

Using 5D for Oki, once it hits this combo is pretty legit. Came up with it after messing around with Yu today.

5D(OKI)>214A>5D>5AA>2B>5B>5C>214D>236236C (4235/req. 50SP)

- 4614 Dam. with Cross Slash (214214D).

Alright got the game and this won't work:

5B (2B) 5C 214C 5A 5C 2C delay 214B 5B (2B) (JC) j.C j.214A 5AAA

Weird combo system lol

From what I can tell, 5C freezes Yu in place you can't dash or do any movement while it's out only cancel into other special moves. Example 2C or 214A/B.

In that particular case, there is a small delay after 214C and 5A.

You can do like a ton of stuff from 5C, including Jump Cancel and gatling back into 2C/5A/5B/2B etc. It's not special cancel only.

Oh forgot to specify the issue.

After 214B the combo becomes very prorated. Not even j.C j.214A works, let alone 5B(can't reach) j.C j.214A

You can do like a ton of stuff from 5C, including Jump Cancel and gatling back into 2C/5A/5B/2B etc. It's not special cancel only.

Even still, with jump cancelling it doesn't seem like you can keep a combo going off it. Maybe in the corner, it's good to know though, you can keep some good pressure strings going from using it and cancelling into a j.5B.

Uh you can just do 5C Jump Cancel into j.B etc for air combos

Tong for that combo I just go into j.2A after 214B. You can't even do that if you start with a bad start like 5A, lol.

I'll look over the combos posted this weekend and make sure what's posted works or not. I've been really busy with school and grinding the game for my upcoming tournament in 2 weeks that I've done little things here and there in the threads, lol. Don't worry, before the weekend is done, everything will be posted in its proper place.

Alright so I put together a list of what people have posted as combos I considered the most optimal. Yu has lots of situations that aren't covered by these. I just started playing this game a day and a half ago, so if I'm wrong just tell me.

5D starter: 5D>5B>5DD>214B>dash 2B>j.C>j.214B>2B>j.C>j.214A>5AAA

Does 4211 damage meterless and builds 49 meter

Corner throw combo: 2A 5C 2C 214B j.2A (>j.d oki)

Corner AoA combo: A+B mashing D 5B 5C 2C 214B j.2A (>j.d oki), does 2.6k.

Meterless, 236D (FC) dash 5C 2B 5B 5C 214D does 2.9k.

236D (FC) dash B+D (1) 214214C 2A/2B 5C j.B j.BB JC j.B j.C j.214B (works on Yuu, Naoto, Liz, Yosuke, Kuma, Kanji?)

2AB > 5D(OTG) > jump foward, land 2B > 5DD > 214B > dash 2AB > 5D(OTG) > j.B > 5DD > 2AB > 5D(OTG) > j.B (JC) > j.A > 5DD > j.2A

AOA~D FC corner :*A+B mash D 5B 5C 2C 214B j.2A (>j.d oki)

AOA~D FC middle :*Just do C version...j.B (2) j.BB JC j.B (2) j.C 214B

CH 214A > dash 5C > 2B > 5B > 5C > 214D = 2954 dmg

Potentially useful trial mode combos:

#22 Midscreen 214 B starter > dash 5B > 5C > j.B > j.BB > dj.B > j.BB > B+D > 236236 C (3584 damage, 50 meter)

#23 Corner 5B > 5C > 214C > 5A > 5C > 2C > 214 B > j.2A (>j.d oki) (2477 damage)

#29 Near corner FC 2C: FC 2C > 214B > 5C > 214A > 5A > j.B > j.C > 214 B > 5B > j.C -> 214A -> 214214C (5157 damage, 50 meter)

Not covered

214D OMC 214 B -> ???

Midscreen throw OMC -> ??? (I'm assuming 214B to something)

Midscreen FC 2C-> ??? (dash cancel -> something?)

Corner throw combo: 2A 5C 2C 214B j.2A (>j.d oki)

Pretty sure you can put in 2B instead of 2A... Forgot if I could loop twice.

You guys do realize I posted all of the proration numbers, right?

don't worry we love you mash

I'm not getting 2B Tong, I think only 2A or 5A will work there from a normal throw.

EDIT: just realized 2B/5B will work if it wall bounces later when you're farther from the corner. 2A when you're directly in corner does 2284, 5B when you're a little out from the corner does 2407. Might be something better you can do off a late bounce though.

yep, approaching corner C+D (late bounce) > (delay) 214B > 5C > 2C > 214B > j.2A = 2519, tested on Yu. You want the initial 214B to hit them as low as possible so usually you need to delay it.

Oh I see, it works on Aigis. Maybe she has weird hitboxes or something to do with gravity.

You're right, it's character specific.

in corner C+D > 2B > 5C > 2C > 214B > j.2A = 2389/20

works on: Labrys, Aigis, Kanji, Teddie, S.Labrys

Here are some universal (almost) combos that end in sweep so you can get 5D oki going.

Approaching corner:

5B > 2B > 5C > 214D (OMC) > 214B > 5C > 2C (DC) > run 2AB = 3346

*Fails on Chie, she air techs the sweep :/

214A (OMC or CH) > dash 5B > 2B > 5C > 2C (DC) > run 2AB = 2606

214B > dash 5C > 2C (DC) > run 2AB = 2520/18

FC 214B > dash 5B > 2B > j.B(1) > j.C > j.214B > 5B > 2C > 2AB =3280/27

More to come later probably.

Mash, your notes indicate that 5B,2B, and 5C all have 5% P2. Just based off your 5D combo, isn't that impossible? I don't think they have any forced proration, the combo isn't affected by switching out one move for another. Also, I was able to squeeze out a bit more damage by switching out the first 2B -> j.C with a 5B -> j.C. The combo works fine if you substitute 2B for 5B and vice-versa as long as hitboxes aren't an issue.

What should you do if you manage to hit someone with something like 5d roll through 2A and you still have additional D left? Just another combo into sweep? The sick thing is, if you do 2AB 5D again, then izanagi will still be summoned behind them. The biggest problem here is that you can't really combo into a 214B like normal because of spacing.

I know that it works, it's 2B because it's slightly easier. If you time the 5B wrong j.C comes out on the ground.

They all have 95% repeat proration, not 5%. The combo isn't affected because either way you have 1 repeat proration.

I did the math, and I had SKD double checking my stuff. If you do the math yourself and come up with something different by all means let me know.