Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shinsyn

[P4A] Yu Narukami - Combo Thread

I know that it works, it's 2B because it's slightly easier. If you time the 5B wrong j.C comes out on the ground.

They all have 95% repeat proration, not 5%. The combo isn't affected because either way you have 1 repeat proration.

I did the math, and I had SKD double checking my stuff. If you do the math yourself and come up with something different by all means let me know.

Your notes say 5%. Okay, that makes more sense now. Thanks.

I've been trying to come up with sweep combos because 2A scales everything to hell. The only thing I can come up with is something like 2AB > 214C > 5A > 5C > 2C > 214B > j.2a, which does around 2.4k. You can OMC your sweep into a full air juggle with say 2B for good damage.

Does anyone have anything better, potentially involving Izanagi to make yourself not unsafe? I got 2AB -> additional D -> 214A to combo, but I couldn't even get a 5A off of it. Additional D seems to be very anti-juggle.

Edit: You can do 2AB > Additional D > 5A > 5C > 2C > 214B > j.2A. It was around 2.5k I believe. Off 2A damage maxes out around 1.2k or so from what I saw.

Meterless, 236D (FC) dash 5C 2B 5B 5C 214D does 2.9k.

Tried it. execution is easy and punishes good for a meterless midscreen combo.. Thanks man!:)

Tried it. execution is easy and punishes good for a meterless midscreen combo.. Thanks man!:)
I think I stole that word for word from Fluck. It was also in my combo compilation a page back here.

What are you guys doing for an anti-air combo? I know 2B j.b j.bb dj.b j.c j.214B works for like 1.7k but I don't think you can always do the 'standard' juggle Mash uses in his 5D combo with 2B j.c 214B 2B j.214A AAA. It's because of height, you have to do the j.c really low to the ground. On counter-hit 2B knocks down even if it's 2 hits right? Something like 2B IAD j.c might make the combo consistent.

Updated the working combos into the thread and placed them where they belonged. Thanks guys.

Little bit of tech I found out the other night, extremely situational so be wary when using this.

On counter-hit 2b can be combo'd into 214b. You have to be careful because it requires the second hit not only the first to connect.

From the ground to the air on counter hit and can hit anywhere on the screen.

CH:2b>214B(Raging Lion)>5b>5c>J.b>J.b>J.c> 214b(Air Raging Lion) 2695

Sorry for the shitty notation, I'm a capcom player working my way into this genre.

There maybe a more damaging version of this but I havent tried optimizing it too much.

2B(CH)>confirm into 5B>j.C>j.214B>2B>j.C>j.214B>5B>j.C>j.214A>AAA
Thanks for the combo. Midscreen (starting position, dummy set to jump) I can't get this to work at any range besides point blank. Tested on Mitsuru and Aegis. Any advice?

I managed to get 2B (CH) > IAD j.b (1 hit) j.c 214B 5B j.b j.bb dj.b j.c 214A to work, I think it was 2100 damage and relatively consistent. The 5B after the first 214B might be one frame.

On counter-hit 2b can be combo'd into 214b. You have to be careful because it requires the second hit not only the first to connect.

Sorry for the shitty notation, I'm a capcom player working my way into this genre.

There maybe a more damaging version of this but I havent tried optimizing it too much.

In my three minutes of testing, I couldn't get this to work unless the opponent was super high. It could be useful if you have the spacing perfect.

Might as well add the basic bnb for mid screen air grabs OMC:

(uses 50 SP)

air grab > OMC > 2B > 5C > j.B > j.BB > (JC) > j.B > j.C > j.214A 3242 / 08 (+Ziodyne: 4153)

or the more instinctive one replace the 5C for 5B for 3079 dmg / 08 (+ Ziodyne: 3990)

Not a pro about the corner stuff. Here is an example, with pretty much the easiest dive kick link in his corner combos probably because it isn't optimized in terms of damage but it has good oki and not hard to do.

corner: air grab > OMC > 2B > 5C > 2C > 214B > j.2A 3342 / 08 ( j.2A oki)

If you want more damage by adding ziodyne then here is a variation:

(100 SP) air grab > OMC > 2B > 5C > 2C > 214B > j.B > j.B+D > Ziodyne 4421 / 01

random tips:

OMC must be done ASAP after the throw,

the air grab itself gives you 6 SP,

midscreen air grab bnb works also in corner,

in the corner if you have no SP to OMC and you are high enough then use j.D right after grab for pressure.

In my three minutes of testing, I couldn't get this to work unless the opponent was super high. It could be useful if you have the spacing perfect.

Were you canceling it quick enough? It can be a tricky timing.

Little bit of tech I found out the other night, extremely situational so be wary when using this.

Yeah they have to be slightly above head level at least for it to work. Using this, looks like you can do these from midscreen into corner:

CH 2B(1) > 214B > dash 2B > j.C > j.214B > 2B > j.C > j.214A > 5AAA = 3221

CH 2B(1) > 214B > dash 2B > j.C > j.214B > 2B > j.C > j.214A > Cross Slash = 3996

CH 2B(1) > 214B > dash 5C > 2C (DC) > 2AB = 2260 (for 5D oki)

btw welcome to the Arcsys side of things

EDIT: makes for a nifty Narukami B+D punish. Block B+D > dash under CH 2B(1) > 214B etc

Were you canceling it quick enough? It can be a tricky timing.
I'll play around with it more.

Combo off sweep and 214A after j.2A -> j.d oki:

214A (Izanagi hits) 214B 5B j.C 214B 2B j.c 214A AAA backdash - 4.2k

2AB (Izanagi hits) 214B 5B j.C 214B 2B j.c 214A AAA backdash - 3.85k

Both do just around 4k. The sweep combo is trickier, you have to delay the 214B for a long-ass time, it might not even be a cancel at that point. You can set this up with 2 meaty jabs. I recommend meaty 5A because it's 1 frame faster, and if they tech as soon as possible, you're only plus 1-4 frames from my testing. 2A might let them jump.

Also, I was testing combos involving sandwiching Izanagi and Narukami between the opponent with 5D starter. I found some REALLY interesting stuff, like 5D dash roll 2B 5B Additional D j.B dash 5A 5C 2B 5B sweep, and 5D dash roll 214A additional D 5B 5C 2C (214A forces crouch, making this a legit combo!) 214B midscreen. When you do the first chain into 5C after additional D, Izanagi will stay on the other side of the opponent to do 5C. He does the 2C from the opposite side as well, basically asking you to hit the opponent with 214B. I think there's a lot of untapped potential here for combos and mixups. When you get the 214B midscreen there I'm not really sure what to do with it besides maybe 5B 5C j.b stuff.

I managed to get 5D dash roll 2B 5B Additional D j.B dash 5A 5C 2B 5B 5C 5B but the sweep wouldn't connect at that range. However I think the sandwich combo does more damage than say 5D B Additional D 214B dash sweep, and it works on everyone with no fuss. Your mixup options are definitely different on block, you don't get to do the free fuzzy guard setup but the ability to use that extra 5C to do damage is big. I think you can get a ton of damage midscreen by mixing them up with simple blockstrings into 214A and 2AB. And the same setup should allow you to combo in similar ways off both sweep and 214A.

Am I crazy?

About the OMB combo, is the one in the the [key plus words] video optimal (the first combo)? OMB 5D into 214B loop x2... (corner) 2B 5C 214AB into another loop. I have trouble hitting the last loop. They seem to tech immediately after the EX dive. I usually just do 214B loop x2 into 5AAA for 5.1k.

About the OMB combo, is the one in the the [key plus words] video optimal (the first combo)? OMB 5D into 214B loop x2... (corner) 2B 5C 214AB into another loop. I have trouble hitting the last loop. They seem to tech immediately after the EX dive. I usually just do 214B loop x2 into 5AAA for 5.1k.

This is optimal if you only want to spend 25 meter. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CMZVvqajsg&feature=plcp

The one in the video is optimal if you want to spend 75 meter and you;re full screen. The one later in the video is optimal if you are in the corner.

Do we only have a small handful of fatal combos?

2C

214B

236D

A+B full 16 hits

Seems like enough to me.

Anyone have tips on 214D->OMC->214B? I can't do it consistently, it seems you have to do it as fast as possible, but I was wondering if there was any other way to look at it.

214d OMC 214B is a big probleme any tips ?

you have to wait until the third hit of 214D starts to rise ur opponent upward after that quickly do ur OMC and buffer ur 214B input and it should hit. practice on the timing and you'll be able to hit it more

Thx! Btw, what do you use for a 214D OMC 214B combo? Pretty much similar ending I gather.

I would like to know as well, atm I just do 214D OMC dash 5B into loop because cancelling the 214D into 214B is awkward

Comboing off the fuzzy guard with additional D: 2AB, 5D, (oki) run jump j.B, (2 hits) dj.A+D (hit at same time), falling j.B, dash 5A 5C 5B 2AB. Simple little combo into sweep, the important part is that you just hit A and D at the same time to combo off the fuzzy guard.

Reliable combo into cross slash crossup off 214B is immediate 214D (1 hit), immediately cancel into cross slash. I got 5A j.c 214A cross slash off of it, I don't know if it's worth it. You can get the crossup cross slash off something like 5B 5C 214D OMC 214B 214D cross slash, but you're pretty scaled at that point and honestly I don't know how to make it worth it without a raw 214B.

its better to jump upforward so you crossup, then A~D really fast so you can land and do a sandwich combo

its better to jump upforward so you crossup, then A~D really fast so you can land and do a sandwich combo
Are you just landing after the additional D or are you doing anything in the air? I didn't get a crossup when I did it the way I mentioned either, the j.b hit in the front.

Are you just landing after the additional D or are you doing anything in the air? I didn't get a crossup when I did it the way I mentioned either, the j.b hit in the front.

with dash momentum your jA will hit and you will fall on the other side. im not doing anything on the way down, if you are in the corner however you will definitely go for jB!