Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shinsyn

[P4A] Yu Narukami - Critique Thread

All right, it's my turn. Just had these matches a couple of hours ago, I'd like for people to give me their inputs.

http://www.twitch.tv/nobodyexe/b/387112368

Time Stamps - 5:11:57; 5:39:40; 6:04:30; 6:10:35; Casuals - 6:35:40

Casuals are kinda long and it would be cool if someone could look through some of those matches, watching all of them would be a bit much.

@Shinsyn

I can't talk much about matchups but for the general play, most confirms you made you went for the damaging route by ending with C/D car a lot of times or doing a corner combo into ...>5C>2C>j.2A (dropping this a lot).

Cut things early and sweep even with the corner AOA. Most of the time when you rolled 5D everything went better just watch out for dps especially from Mitsuru :P

[*]Utilize Narukami's 5D okizeme. [...]. It's one of his strongest tools on knockdown, abuse it.

:)

In some cases I saw you ending a lot with super before they go into awakening but as you can see from 6:43:16. The opponent can just front tech and putting you in the worst possible place to be especially vs Mitsuru. You can't do much about that after you commit to the super. Something to think about if it is worth it even though it is tempting to eat away most of their health before awakening. Yet again oki might be a better option.

After that there where some confirms where you could get more like at 6:09:30, 6:17:00 and with emphasis on 6:43:05.

All right, it's my turn. Just had these matches a couple of hours ago, I'd like for people to give me their inputs.

http://www.twitch.tv/nobodyexe/b/387112368

Time Stamps - 5:11:57; 5:39:40; 6:04:30; 6:10:35; Casuals - 6:35:40

Casuals are kinda long and it would be cool if someone could look through some of those matches, watching all of them would be a bit much.

4:46:14 vs Agito(mirror match)

Seems like you knew how to handle Agito's narukami, so there's not much to say. However, some thing to point out are at 4:48:30, you couldve killed him with 5C CH omb combo, if not, go for 2C fatal to rack up meter/damage. I did like seeing you punish sweep(blocked)>5D

Another thing to note, consider omb instead of omc when it can win you the game

5:11:55 vs Nobodyexe (aigis)

This match was a bit crazy. First, you need to block aigis better. There were times when you would get hit with even raw megidola in neutral. When you do block megidola,(IF YOU CAN) try to IB the last hit of megidola for a free punish. IB means you no longer get to deal with that "yomi" as they quoted (AKA DP/Throw mixup after megidola). If you can't IB the last hit, then pay attention to whether or not she will throw (aka be prepared to throw tech while blocking). One thing to add to blocking aigis is (IF YOU CAN) pay attention to her orgia meter. You can possibly use that to indicate when Aigis will go high during her orgia mode pressure.

Be more patient when trying to get in on aigis, she can be a nut. Another thing to note is the lack of 5D okizeme in this match. Not being able to play your game is crucial part as to why a Narukami player loses. It basically shows that you had a hard time getting in throughout the match.

At this time you had a chance to (5:15:37 couldve 5D there)get your opponent more in the okizeme. If you do manage to get your oki game going while she's in orgia mode, 9 times out of 10 most Aigis' will attempt to backdash to escape, so consider just running up 2B her. In your neutral game, consider working ex zio full screen to beat out her 2b every now and then

5:39:45 vs heroic legacy (akihiko)

overall good. however, you ate some unnecessary fatals and CH damage. And consider your oki vs raw damage potential once again, especially against someone who can take a beating like akihiko.

6:04:32 vs king of bums (naoto)

overall good, it was unfortunate that the naoto was unable to setup an smp. Just reconsider some of your damage for oki to ensure your game. I did see you tried to burst bait over at 06:06:08, you could've just C-slide>ziodyne for the kill, which the ziodyne will take care of the burst lol.

6:10:40 vs nobodyexe (aigis rematch)

So you managed to get your rematch. Consider double jump over air dash as a means of approach. By double-jumping, you can block her 2B and gain another jump to get in (almost similar to blocking yukiko's fans). I did like that you showed that you can block aigis in this match.

If you're going to use carslide, consider C slide more as opposed to D slide. C-slide grants safe-jump. only D-slide if you want damage/kill

you attempt another burst bait(06:14:05) instead of baiting them off raw 2b, end the combo off D-slide while waiting to react with OMC, if they don't burst, you can still omc to continue your combo, which can also lead to another burst-bait/safe combo.

Overall

overall okay. throughout your matches, the biggest thing i see that may need to change is you deciding whether or not do go for oki or damage. When you go for damage, I do like that you've managed to always get your omc B-lion after D-slide, but the end result will be them air-teching and escaping your pressure. I do see consistency in your okizeme, however, you need to add in more mixups to keep the opponent thinking at all times(especially IAD mixups). You also need to add in more ways to lead into your okizeme, such as corner AoA or 2B CH. I also noticed that you like using his j.D as an oki, but 5D>>>j.D. If you have to decide between 5D or j.D, always go for 5D okizeme. (A simple, yet effective 5D oki off of corner AoA is 5B>2C>backdash>2A+B). Remember, damage is nice and all, but if you do not kill them, they can come back. Hope this helps!

*I may go back to edit this if i missed anything.

0:00 Yosuke
11:20 Kanji
14:09 Elizabeth
15:48 Yosuke

Some kindaaa recent matchvids. I have to say that the Yosuke matchup is a mentally, physically and emotionally draining experience. :arg:

0:00 Yosuke

11:20 Kanji

14:09 Elizabeth

15:48 Yosuke

Some kindaaa recent matchvids. I have to say that the Yosuke matchup is a mentally, physically and emotionally draining experience. :arg:

Yosuke

I do have to agree that fighting a wild yosuke that's really hard to knock down can be frustrating, but once you do get that knock down, it's up to you to keep him there! So on to the match. Right at the start at 0:11, I notice you try to go for an oki after B lion>2C>sweep, luckily the yosuke didnt mash after he teched, but I do remember seeing that work somewhere else, maybe it might've been the 2a starter or maybe you could've done it without including the 2nd B. After that, yosuke begins to frollic around the screen and you are attempting to get him. I did see something interesting at 1:58, where 5C cleanly beats out yosuke's j.C, i think it could've been the positioning, if it beats it out everytime, looks like we found a free CH for this MU! Yosuke manages to take the 2nd round due to air glides and a few minor errors such as trying to hit him in the air right when he moonsaulted. Last match, something felt odd about that throw>omb in the corner. Throw is a really bad starter for omb, but you could've made the follow-up to the omb burst-safe. In fact, I think you were close enough to the corner to get a combo off of it without the omb, leading to yosuke throwing his burst at you anyways, except this time you would've had your burst as well. But you won the match. Overall good performance.

Kanji

Okay, first round, you did a good job ruling over kanji. nothing to say first round. However, things turn for the worst the next couple of rounds. everything was going alright until he grabbed you at 12:35. It's clear that after the first 2 escape attempts, you panicked and relied on your B+D. Try to refrain yourself from using B+D against kanji unless your 100% sure the B+D will connect (such as kanji's AA baits with j.C or his j.214a/b) It also looked like once kanji managed to block your oki, you had no way to continue pressure so that you guys went back to neutral. Once you land sweep on kanji, make your strings tight enough to not allow kanji to B+D through it.

Elizabeth

Your matches against this Liz went well. It didnt appear that you had trouble. I did like it that you canceled your clashed B+D into j.A's, which a lot of narukami's need to work on to avoid heavy damage if it clashed and whiffed. You did well in dodging thanatos and hitting him when he used 5D. Just make sure you kill your opponent when you have the chance, such as in the end when Liz did a bad burst. You could've followed up with 5C>omb>etc for an easier and quicker kill.

Yosuke again

Either its the same yosuke or a different yosuke, but it's still yosuke. First round was clear you dominated with your oki. The second round, however, you appeared to be impatient once some time has passed and both of you were still at almost full health. Yosuke managed to get away with alot of (in fact, you got hit 5 times, 4 of them being CH) CH damage all because you decided not to block. If you had chosen to block in a couple of spots, you would've gotten out of the corner and you would've given yourself time to go in and try to play your game. So, basically be patient and wait your turn. You managed to take the game with a VERY RISKY air B+D against his moonsault. A good way to beat out his moonsault, especially if he does it above your head or is in your jump range is to jump-throw him out of it. Only way for him to escape is to moonsault the opposite way, which usually leads to him doing kunais.

Overall

Against yosuke, you should start throwing him out of moonsaults if he is in range. Try to j.b his persona whenever he decides to j.D you. Your okizeme is good, you are consistent with you oki resets, and you have an okay neutral game. However, a major flaw I see in your gameplay is the moment they correctly block your mixup. Once they manage to block your oki, your follow-up pressure is weak (I've noticed this through all your matches, especially against kanji). most of your strings go as j.b>2a>2b>5b>5dd>dash-up 5a. You actually did this string a lot of times after they blocked you. A good way to keep the pressure going is to replace the 5b with a jump-cancel(JC)>j.b/2a. This allows you get a 2nd mixup in your strings. This would've greatly helped against Kanji. You should also consider using more mixups within your oki. I also noticed you did not AoA as much. Actually, you did try to AoA once, but it whiffed and you never went back to it again. His AoA is pretty good and you can get an oki setup in the corner with it. Even if you don't get the hit off AoA, you are not in CH-state.

HOPE THIS HELPS!!

Thanks for the feedback! Yeah those blockstrings were indeed lame, I'll be sure to take note of that. You're also correct with me being impatient at times, trying to catch Yosuke gets on my nerves. I auto-piloted that OMB because I just wanted to KTFO him right there. :v: Kinda disappointed with that Kanji match as well. Have to admit that I got impatient and panicked there too. I also failed to expect that roll through my 5B thus I ate that 214214C super.

Hmm. I'll have to admit that I'm not really a fan of Narukami's AOA, I usually go with Lion A. That AOA I whiffed was actually a sweep if you'll believe me. :v: If I do use it, it'll happen as a reset. Which I didn't do lol. But yeah I'll try to incorparate more AOAs into my game.

Thanks again man. I'll be putting up vids in the future when we record them. :eng101:

4:46:14 vs Agito(mirror match)

Seems like you knew how to handle Agito's narukami, so there's not much to say. However, some thing to point out are at 4:48:30, you couldve killed him with 5C CH omb combo, if not, go for 2C fatal to rack up meter/damage. I did like seeing you punish sweep(blocked)>5D

Another thing to note, consider omb instead of omc when it can win you the game

Since one of my matches is already posted and I lack the ability to record is there any advice you guys have?

Since one of my matches is already posted and I lack the ability to record is there any advice you guys have?

-4:47:10 not a true 5D setup, meaning you can jump out of it

-4:48:17 not a good idea to omc>b lion after 5AAA due to proration meaning combo will be low damage. no point in getting your meter just to waste it, cause if that's the case, you should've just gone to your 5D oki

-Careful with the DPs, especially when you don't have a burst and if the opponent knows to punish from the other side in case of ziodyne. use it if you are very certain it will hit such as punishing ALions and when the opponent has used all of their air movements and their last option is to fall straight down in your face. One way to make it sort of safe is by DP>CS during awakening. Few characters can punish it on block. In case you're thinking they can Super back or roll, once the opponent blocks the DP, their only option is to block, an answer to it can be CounterAssault, but I dont really see the benefits due to both characters already being placed in neutral.

-Don't autopilot sweep>5D, most(if not all) characters have an answer to it.

-4:45:05 CS>5D is not a true 5D setup. everyone can jump out of it, i guess you can use it until people realize it. But you can still get a safejump off of it by microdash>j.b

-Most matches rely on you getting momentum from 5D. once you get someone in it, you don't want to let them out. Practice consistently getting this hit with one of many mixups, which should end to 2A+B>5D

-the mirror match relies heavily on keeping your momentum as well as having a good neutral game. Also be sure to utilize his safejumps. It helps by eliminating some randomness from the opponent (aka most wakeup B+Ds, most supers, mashing)

Hope this helps!

Okay, I got a match from the Chicago Danisen League, I got on stream for my set against ChosenNinja. Advice guys?

http://www.twitch.tv/nobodyexe/b/393115433 Starts at: 4:11:19

I can't mention much because I've only started playing Yu seriously recently, but I think I can still help with some things.

-First I wouldn't suggest bursting against Yukiko unless it'll save you the round/match. She just doesn't do enough damage to make it worth it, especially when you can OMB for an easy 4.5K+ off most confirms.

-Yukiko can DP j.B(2) safejumps. If you can hit low enough for j.B(1) then it still works, but I think using j.A is the easiest way to go. The same goes for Naoto.

-If you're having trouble getting out of the corner but you find opportunities to jump, you can superjump raging lion. It's punishable, but rarely if you get over the opponent. I wouldn't abuse this though and it's not like it's a secret or anything. Worst case scenario Yukiko will be able to "punish" you for a small combo (maybe 1.5, seriously she's weak). At least you are't in the corner at that point.

-If she goes for fire unblockables on wakeup I usually prefer to just not tech and take the yellow beat. Getting reset this way sucks.

I'm not sure all of that applied to that particular set as it does for the matchup in general.

YOLO cross slash is the best! And good punishing her super with it as well.

Unfortunate instant kill. Yukiko's probably the only character where that can happen somewhat frequently. It's like a 100 meter unsafe asura.

~~

EDIT: I never realized you were from Chicago. I used to live there and miss the food tremendously. But not all is bad here in AZ, for we finally have our own Portillo's!

- I think it's sorta fine to burst out, Yukiko shouldn't be allowed to do whatever she pleases. Alternatively you could also risk a guard cancel instead (esp. during those moments when you just awakened), then OMB if you have to LK style lol.

- This is something that I've also been practicing, you could also try to squash guard cancels with B+D.

Okay, I got a match from the Chicago Danisen League, I got on stream for my set against ChosenNinja. Advice guys?

http://www.twitch.tv/nobodyexe/b/393115433 Starts at: 4:11:19

first of all, lmao at the last round, I would have been unbelievably salty.

Here is a big thing I noticed, which I failed to do playing him at FR myself.

-You really need to not let Yukiko get away with resetting pressure using 4D/5D/6D. If you're close enough you can CH 5B her out of it on reaction (CH 5B > 2C DC > safe jA). If you can't reach her, at least kill the persona with 5A or 2B before it reaches you. He gets away with this at (at least) these times: 4:12:07, 4:12:36, 4:13:05, 4:13:43, 4:15:53, 4:20:40

-Your pressure was ending too quickly since you canceled to B/C moves early. vs Yukiko keep the blockstrings shorter with more 5A/2A throw/instant j2A. Her normals are slow, and her throw is 7 frames, so you can get away with 5A pressure and lots of throw attempts/fakes on her. Look for guard cancels and B+D/OMC>block/super if you see one. A very useful DP/throw attempt bait while pressuring her is to simply run in her face and jump backwards. If she DP it will be blocked/whiff, if she throws you can CH j.B her recovery, and she has no air unblockables so there is very little risk (Hama does this a TON in the vs Yukiko vid BanchouJP uploaded)

-Need to work on hitconfirming and combos. I can go through later and give some specific examples but a few general things I noticed:

Confirm air hits into j2A or sweep whenever possible, ending in j214A/B is never worth it unless it's for the kill. Oki wins this game. Especially Yukiko who you do not want to escape once you touch her.

Confirm max range 5B into either 2C (combos on CH) or 214C (combos on either normal or CH), saw you attempt 5B 5C at least once outside of 5C range.

Thanks for the tips guys, I'll make sure I brush up on the things you all made note of and correct the issues.

first of all, lmao at the last round, I would have been unbelievably salty.

Oh believe me, I was, I got over it quickly though. But still, I had 60% health and in one move, I lost all of it...

:(

We had a local tourney about two weeks ago, and I played two guys from the previous video I posted. I messed up during Winner's Finals and had to run it back. :vbang: I also couldn't address some of the concerns that grover raised before, sorry about that. :v: Anyway...

I didn't have time to watch all of the videos but I was able to watch the entire GF match before I went to work. Having played as Kanji a lot (My original main woohoo) I can say that you know the matchup very well. You can't believe how helpless Kanjis can feel when nearly every panic button they press is baited over and over again. Honestly, I don't think I have the capacity to be so patient in some situations.

I saw a few situations where you blocked a DP and got hit by his super cancel. When that happens he can cancel into either one of his supers. If you jump you will get caught by tatsumi style. If you block or punish you'll get a command grab super. A DP or Ziodyne work in both situations and punish if he does neither. Also keep in mind how much meter he has, whether or not he's in awakening, and if you crossed up (Do a max punish if he's now facing the wrong way). One final thought I guess is that I don't believe most kanji's do this or are even aware. So it might be best to see how much you can get away with.

As I'm sure most of you feel too, if we aren't going to kill then it isn't worth it to waste meter for a super ender. Here you probably should have just gone for one final knockdown instead or used a OMB if you really wanted the kill. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=xG4v18ul48w#t=186s

I wont talk about certain dropped confirms because we all have it happen and we all recognize what happened. This as an example I guess http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=xG4v18ul48w#t=259s

Good burst bait xD http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=xG4v18ul48w#t=279s

You could have 2C fatal countered here for big damage and corner oki. Something like FC 2C > (dash cancel run to corner) 5B > 5C > j.BB > j.214B > stuff. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=xG4v18ul48w#t=394s

The super cancel here probably wasn't worth it considering the meter used and the positioning afterwards. If you would have just let him tech after the CH B+D you would have had a knockdown. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=xG4v18ul48w#t=684s

I'm sure you knew it at the time but this block ziodyne against Kanji isn't safe. luckiliy he didn't punish it properly here. All he needed to do was EX yolo dive OMB or OMC for big damage. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=xG4v18ul48w#t=697s

CROSS SLASH! http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=xG4v18ul48w#t=741s

Good job overall. I hope some of this stuff helps.

Yeah, I was getting away with those ziodynes too much. It's kinda unfortunate that the Kanji player wasn't punishing properly too.

Regarding tatsumi style, if I decided to block the first hit what can I do next besides super or B+D ? Strike C/C+D? I tried responding with strikes before but couldn't register a counter hit, not sure if I'm just missing the reversal window.

I'll try to refrain from super cancelling too much in the future. I decided to ziodyne during those moments because I was sitting on a considerable life lead (or kanji had blue health) with 100 meter, so I thought might as well lol.

As I'm sure you're aware, tatsumi style is two hits on block. The chair that comes down second does not track onto you and moves backwards. I haven't really practiced what would be optimal for narukami here but I'm sure you could just dash forward and 5A and then go into oki. You probably have enough time to 2B or something better instead, maybe 5C. I'll check this out soon.

edit: OK so you have a substantial amount of time to run forward and punish this. Keep in mind that he's vulnerable but wont be CH. I would suggest (dash) 5C > 214D > OMC or OMB combo if possible here. 50 meter is an easy 5K, throw a burst in there for 7K+

Also, the chair will hit your persona out of 5C if you don't dash in deep enough. Don't worry because you have plenty of time. Doesn't work in the corner though, so you'll want to use 5B instead.

If you'd prefer oki or don't have the resources for big damage, (Dash) 5C > 2B > 5B > 2AB is 1.8k with oki. It's better than the 1K you would get with other starters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obBJf4aEwTY

Don't suppose I could get some advice gents? I know I have a lot of work to do :(

Sorry about the quality btw

My self anaylsis would be..

+Need better combos

+I think I have the general idea behind 5D pressure down but I'm far from its full potential

+Learn how to block AoAs lol

-Less just throwing out Roaring lions and DPs, especially against Chie of all people

-I need to stop trolling, Instant kills are for online lol

I'm not really that good with Narukami but the things I noticed were:

-Work on Oki mixups. Vr-Raiden made a video showing some examples of Oki. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1a8-E-MIIc

-B Raging Lion is +3 on block. I noticed that you did the same thing I always get shit for at casuals and OMC'd it. You can follow up with 5A, 2A, or block (Which I saw you did later on)

-Although the IK was pretty nice I would HIGHLY advise against it though you already know that.

-Learn matchups. I saw you get hit by Chie's Skull Cracker and like you said you got hit by AoA too many times, just block the AoA instead of trying to DP. She can phase through it with armor and then punish you.

-Capitalize on hit-confirms. I saw that there were times where you got a hit and either didnt follow up on it or went in for a combo instead of Oki. Oki is your best friend and you should only go for a combo either when the opponent is close to awakening or if it'll kill.

-Stop pressing buttons on wake-up. I noticed you got counter-hit alot on wake-up. Alot of times when the opponent has you under pressure the best thing to do is just block.

Besides what you already stated those were the things I found. An experienced player will be able to give you more helpful advice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obBJf4aEwTY

Don't suppose I could get some advice gents? I know I have a lot of work to do :(

Sorry about the quality btw

My self anaylsis would be..

+Need better combos

+I think I have the general idea behind 5D pressure down but I'm far from its full potential

+Learn how to block AoAs lol

-Less just throwing out Roaring lions and DPs, especially against Chie of all people

-I need to stop trolling, Instant kills are for online lol

Well, seeing as the game was recently released in EU, I'd say your Narukami showing was ok. I'm assuming most of your decisions made were based off of lack of MU knowledge and what not. Had the game been released at the same time as everywhere else, well then I would've been very picky and point out almost everything wrong. But, again, it's not bad and i can see great improvement as time passes. Now let's begin discussing what could be fixed on your level.

-First off, Neutral game seems ok. Be aware that Chie's 2A can low profile a lot of narukami's normals (5A,5B,C Zio). Be aware as time passes Chie will knock you down and put you in her mixup at every given opportunity.

~In your neutral game, you seem to rely a lot on his B lion. The move is plus(+3), like agito said, which gives you time to go in and apply pressure. However, during your matches, I noticed chie managed to CH throw you a number of times. This usually isn't suppose to happen. Best way to stop this is by dash-in 5A, it will meaty her throw and you'll get a CH out of it.

~Also, B-lion can be reacted to by the opponents B+D or it can easily be blocked. Reframe from over-using it. Instead, try out his AoA (5A+B), but use it sparingly as well.

You should also use OMC in your game in order to prevent unwanted punishes such as when the opponent blocks 214D, 214C, 214A, AoA, or ziodyne. It can save you from losing the round or game.

~Narukami's j.B and 2B are great normals to use. They have great range, hits twice, and easy to confirm off of. Not to mention, if you do get a CH off either attacks, the CH state applies to both hits. I also suggest on using both hits to give you time to decide what your next attack should be, especially if it Counter-Hits on the first attack.

~You should learn Narukami's safejump setups (which are easy to do). One safejump you can begin to use is off of a grounded CH B+D. What you do is once you land the hit and once you land, you simple hold up and j.B them as they recover. If the opponent attempts to do anything outside of block, you will either Counter-hit them or you will block. There are more, but you should begin to apply this one first. His safejumps work on everyone EXCEPT the following: Teddie, Yosuke, Kanji

-Narukami srongly focuses on his 5D oki game. Learning how to mix up your opponent off of it will greatly help. Along with learning mixups, you will need to learn how to get the opponent BACK into the 5D oki game once you land it the first time which is basically putting them in an endless vortex. Watch the vid Agito linked, it shows good examples. Within your matches I saw you apply it every now and then, but you lacked the mixup potential needed to make him a dangerous character. Once you landed your sweep, you usually waited for the hitconfirm (waiting is fine, but you waited too long. It also looked like you were hesitating to do anything) and then rushed in with A-lion at the exact same time you use 5DD. You are (usually) supposed to be jumping in while the opponent is blocking 5D and hit them high or low and use 5DD to help extend damage. If they managed to block your approach, the 5DD is also a way to help get you another mixup.

-Narukami doesn't necessarily get huge damage within his neutral game, but he does get damage using resources(OMC,OMB, Cross-up CS) and when he lands his 5C CH, 214B FC or 2C FC. Best way to learn this is by digging through the forums (a lot of examples should be in the DL wiki) and applying them in training mode. However, I do have to say that his oki game is much better than wanting combos with damage, for the most part. If you really insist on learning damaging combos, I suggest learning to use 214D>OMC>214B>etc, he gets pretty good damage off of this and can get some 5D oki off of specific setups.

- "Learn to block AoAs" This will always be a problem with Chie's AoA (since its the fastest in the game outside of Akihiko with gust lvls) And its not just her AoA, you need to recognize what moves the cast have that are highs and which are lows, such as Chie's Skullcracker (Which always hits high then low). Again, this is more of a lack of knowledge of what the characters can do. You'll learn this in time.

-His IK can ACTUALLY punish a few raw supers. So its not 100% trollish.

Hopefully I didn't miss anything =/

Hope this helps!! :)

I'm not really that good with Narukami but the things I noticed were:

-Work on Oki mixups. Vr-Raiden made a video showing some examples of Oki. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1a8-E-MIIc

-B Raging Lion is +3 on block. I noticed that you did the same thing I always get shit for at casuals and OMC'd it. You can follow up with 5A, 2A, or block (Which I saw you did later on)

-Although the IK was pretty nice I would HIGHLY advise against it though you already know that.

-Learn matchups. I saw you get hit by Chie's Skull Cracker and like you said you got hit by AoA too many times, just block the AoA instead of trying to DP. She can phase through it with armor and then punish you.

-Capitalize on hit-confirms. I saw that there were times where you got a hit and either didnt follow up on it or went in for a combo instead of Oki. Oki is your best friend and you should only go for a combo either when the opponent is close to awakening or if it'll kill.

-Stop pressing buttons on wake-up. I noticed you got counter-hit alot on wake-up. Alot of times when the opponent has you under pressure the best thing to do is just block.

Besides what you already stated those were the things I found. An experienced player will be able to give you more helpful advice

Well, seeing as the game was recently released in EU, I'd say your Narukami showing was ok. I'm assuming most of your decisions made were based off of lack of MU knowledge and what not. Had the game been released at the same time as everywhere else, well then I would've been very picky and point out almost everything wrong. But, again, it's not bad and i can see great improvement as time passes. Now let's begin discussing what could be fixed on your level.

-First off, Neutral game seems ok. Be aware that Chie's 2A can low profile a lot of narukami's normals (5A,5B,C Zio). Be aware as time passes Chie will knock you down and put you in her mixup at every given opportunity.

~In your neutral game, you seem to rely a lot on his B lion. The move is plus(+3), like agito said, which gives you time to go in and apply pressure. However, during your matches, I noticed chie managed to CH throw you a number of times. This usually isn't suppose to happen. Best way to stop this is by dash-in 5A, it will meaty her throw and you'll get a CH out of it.

~Also, B-lion can be reacted to by the opponents B+D or it can easily be blocked. Reframe from over-using it. Instead, try out his AoA (5A+B), but use it sparingly as well.

You should also use OMC in your game in order to prevent unwanted punishes such as when the opponent blocks 214D, 214C, 214A, AoA, or ziodyne. It can save you from losing the round or game.

~Narukami's j.B and 2B are great normals to use. They have great range, hits twice, and easy to confirm off of. Not to mention, if you do get a CH off either attacks, the CH state applies to both hits. I also suggest on using both hits to give you time to decide what your next attack should be, especially if it Counter-Hits on the first attack.

~You should learn Narukami's safejump setups (which are easy to do). One safejump you can begin to use is off of a grounded CH B+D. What you do is once you land the hit and once you land, you simple hold up and j.B them as they recover. If the opponent attempts to do anything outside of block, you will either Counter-hit them or you will block. There are more, but you should begin to apply this one first. His safejumps work on everyone EXCEPT the following: Teddie, Yosuke, Kanji

-Narukami srongly focuses on his 5D oki game. Learning how to mix up your opponent off of it will greatly help. Along with learning mixups, you will need to learn how to get the opponent BACK into the 5D oki game once you land it the first time which is basically putting them in an endless vortex. Watch the vid Agito linked, it shows good examples. Within your matches I saw you apply it every now and then, but you lacked the mixup potential needed to make him a dangerous character. Once you landed your sweep, you usually waited for the hitconfirm (waiting is fine, but you waited too long. It also looked like you were hesitating to do anything) and then rushed in with A-lion at the exact same time you use 5DD. You are (usually) supposed to be jumping in while the opponent is blocking 5D and hit them high or low and use 5DD to help extend damage. If they managed to block your approach, the 5DD is also a way to help get you another mixup.

-Narukami doesn't necessarily get huge damage within his neutral game, but he does get damage using resources(OMC,OMB, Cross-up CS) and when he lands his 5C CH, 214B FC or 2C FC. Best way to learn this is by digging through the forums (a lot of examples should be in the DL wiki) and applying them in training mode. However, I do have to say that his oki game is much better than wanting combos with damage, for the most part. If you really insist on learning damaging combos, I suggest learning to use 214D>OMC>214B>etc, he gets pretty good damage off of this and can get some 5D oki off of specific setups.

- "Learn to block AoAs" This will always be a problem with Chie's AoA (since its the fastest in the game outside of Akihiko with gust lvls) And its not just her AoA, you need to recognize what moves the cast have that are highs and which are lows, such as Chie's Skullcracker (Which always hits high then low). Again, this is more of a lack of knowledge of what the characters can do. You'll learn this in time.

-His IK can ACTUALLY punish a few raw supers. So its not 100% trollish.

Hopefully I didn't miss anything =/

Hope this helps!! :)

Thanks guys for all the advice, I'll get right to work on these

Also just for reference at the time the main thing I heard about this matchup was to throw fireballs and poke at her with 5B

I think I really do need to work my combos first my main use of meter was Ziodyne - OMC mixup or every now and again using OMC to make something safer (usually B Lion) I kept trying to use that as my go-to overhead due to the fact I don't like Yu's AoA (or at least compared to most others that seem to have super armour or are fast or in Chie's case Both)

Finally I didn't always jump in due to the fact I keep forgetting to delay the 5D after the sweep slightly in order to get the 3rd hit from Izanagi, I was just worried about getting punished is all

got another two for the critique, fire away

I feel I've gotten better since last time but I'm just having sooo many problems with the Aki matchup :(

Looking back on both matches, I didn't realise how much I just went straight for the A lion right after I setup the oki, as well as plenty of autopiloting in retrospect

Winners finals : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEX_qc32K8A

Grand finals:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZF6skTf8lpo

got another two for the critique, fire away

I feel I've gotten better since last time but I'm just having sooo many problems with the Aki matchup :(

Looking back on both matches, I didn't realise how much I just went straight for the A lion right after I setup the oki, as well as plenty of autopiloting in retrospect

Winners finals : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEX_qc32K8A

Grand finals:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZF6skTf8lpo

You need to do 214D OMC 214B dude. Maybe you're trying to burst bait by not doing it, but you're shooting yourself in the foot by not doing it.

Hi there, looking for some feedback on some recent matches I played.

I started about a month ago, so I still have a long way to go, but hopefully some of you guys can speed up the process a bit by pointing out some of my flaws, you can be a honest and harsh as possible.

Things I notice I need to work on myself are:

- Learn to apply more pressure, I barely know any good blockstrings and frame traps, and need to use tickthrows more

- Don't always go for the same old 3 oki mixups, I tend to revert the same mixups every time, eventhough I know more. I probably need to get used to using them

- Learn and use more optimal combos, especially in the corner

- When I don't have meter punish with a combo that leads into a knockdown instead of going into hard slide? Not entirely sure about this one

Hopefully you guys and spot out some more things I didnt notice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gj7rfFanqFc&feature=share&list=UUOYh3yfBOZghmYoPddFB9FA

(the first couple of seconds of the first match might show up a bit weird, but it gets better right after that)