Sign in to follow this  
Jourdal

[P4A] Mitsuru Kirijo Gameplay Discussion

Main_Header_Gameplay_Discussion.png

Burianto, goddess, coup droit, 5AAAA etc. No intro necessary, we all know what to do here. Let's make em' salty with the return of waggle mechanics.

GO1 Palette is mine

Edited by LegendaryRath

Aw, you already claimed the palette as your avvie. Well, there are more colors to be had.

That aside, from all the video's I've seen, Mitsuru looks really strong. I think I watched one where Kanji could do nothing against her. I've already gauged that she's even or has a better match-up against most the cast. Looks like she will be fun to play as, since I've never tried a charge-type character :D

I'm saddened that you stole the general thread creation from me. :v:

Oh well, I'll just put the shit I noticed from playing her at Evo:

j.B doesn't make a great jump in because the hitbox is very narrow. Likewise, her D persona moves are also narrow; 5D can be ducked under, and the other D moves can be passed through using A+C. 2B has a lot of startup, so it's not that great unless someone goes for a balls-deep jump in, or if you yomi a jump out of pressure. j.A is definitely the go-to jump-in. Her other B moves are also kind of slow, so be wary when using them. They have specific timing and spacing to get the full use of them. The auto-combo can be useful, if you don't mind the shit damage. Also the DP is special cancelable for lulz.

Edited by Jyosua
My phone made it look like I can't type for shit.

And again, thanks for the impressions ! I'm just trying to get the place looking like it did....this morning lmao.

Yeah I figured as much. If DL wasn't blocked at work I coulda helped out with the threads... It would've been impossible to do on my phone, aside from this thread.

I did take the liberty of adding Mitsuru's gatlings to the wiki two nights ago, as well as added a template for move data. The template is much the same as the BB one, except I added attack level because that shit is important and should be there.

Let's make em' salty with the return of waggle mechanics.

Mitsuru... you could have been the one... but you had to be a charge character...

I like Yukiko's theme better though and fire pillars and Kachosen lololol

Mitsuru... you could have been the one... but you had to be a charge character...

I like Yukiko's theme better though and fire pillars and Kachosen lololol

Dude, you know she's not based around her charge attacks like Guile or Remy, right? You only really charge during pressure or combos.

I have a childish and unreasonable hatred towards charge attacks, even if I can buffer them using block/hit-stun lol

I have a childish and unreasonable hatred towards charge attacks, even if I can buffer them using block/hit-stun lol

... FRAAAAAAAAAAY!

LOL JK! Seriously, I may sub her due to Ice waggle reminisce and I don't mind playing a character with charge moves here and there. I mean, I main Saki in Arcana Heart and subbed Charlie in the Alpha series.

I actually am not all that comfortable with Charge moves personally, but I really want to play Mitsuru so I don't give a fuck.

I'm surprized that no one has tried going for any resets using the ice. I'm sure she's got plenty of resets and traps she can do during the opponents mashing, like CT Jin.

I for one, welcome our new stick waggle ice overlords.

I'm surprized that no one has tried going for any resets using the ice. I'm sure she's got plenty of resets and traps she can do during the opponents mashing, like CT Jin.

From what I'm understanding, the waggle works the same way as it did in CT. You just have to make sure that your final waggle ends up on the left side. Actually, Jin couldn't reset reliably off freezes because people waggle at different rates, so it would throw off your timing and leave you in dangerous situations. In the other hand, it makes thaw > reversal more dangerous since you don't know exactly when to bait it but in that same light, if they're not fast enough to waggle out and input a reversal then you get a free black beat. Oh boy, here comes the return of black (yellow) beat combos, not like I had enough of that shit during CT... :vbang:

Freeze resets are much more reliable in CS because you know the exact freeze duration time and you know exactly what moves will and will not work when used as resets.

ArcSys just likes the prospect of waggling sticks. :v:

Yeah that was one of the problems I had when fighting other Jins in CT. Fucking waggle made me not blocking when the ice broke.

I actually am not all that comfortable with Charge moves personally, but I really want to play Mitsuru so I don't give a fuck.

If you can play Saki in AH you're good,mitsuru has the 2 staple charge moves. Saki had hella weird shit lol.

LOL that was me that mentioned playing Saki Jourdal, I don't know about Jyosua, he may have too.

I actually tried playing Saki first before any other character in AH. But that was also before I knew how to play fighting games, so :v:

Yeah that's j.B. Ice mirror is Bufula. I'm surprised how well that works. The next time I sit down with the game I'm going to try that, especially since Bufula makes for pretty good oki.

I've seen a lot of Bufudyne > Bufula > high/low with j.B/2A. Mmm, I'll probably have to suck up the shitty charge commands and give her a spin if Yukiko doesn't work out. What bothers me about Yukiko is that she has like no normals since her fans take up the entire B series. At first I thought her fans were special moves until I read the data thread. Still, I see as much potential with Yuki's Agi in comparison to Mitsuru's Bufula. Maybe I'll play both of those characters lol.

Calling dibs on palette No. 8 :kitty:

So long as everyone lets me channel GO1 and Die-Chan in peace all is well. How does the data thread look? I've gotten good feed back but if there's anything you guys feel i should elaborate on or clarify let me know ! Thank Jyousa for the move images and the gatling table i was able to use for reference lol.

Looks good so far, I'll have to steal borrow that format and use it in the Jin sub-forum when BB3 gets announced lol

Sign in to follow this