Sign in to follow this  
Jourdal

[P4A] Mitsuru Kirijo Gameplay Discussion

Hello. I am a huge noob to this game (just got it two days ago). I like Mitsuru but I....eh, I guess I'll just cut to the chase:

- Opponent is crouch blocking

- Opponent is good at throw teching

How do I stop this from happening with Mitsuru's ungodly slow AoA? I hear j.B instant overhead works, but that hardly does enough damage to convince people to stop doing this.

Basically what I'm asking is, how do I open someone up with Mitsuru? She has great pokes, and good damage, but I have a hard time actually...landing hits on someone who is good at playing defensive.

Also, what are some good block strings with Mitsu? I have a difficult time being confident enough to stay on the offensive because I don't know reliable block strings.

If they just aren't blocking high, you can get away with full charge j.B and do this:

j.B > j.C > C Bufula > [6B] > 2AB > B Coup > 2A > 2B > C Bufula > [6B] > 2AB > A Coup [3809-(just frame) 4089/none/37]

Coincidentally, I'm having the same problem. I've countered them playing defensively by me playing defensively myself. If I have the life lead, hey fuck you, I'ma wait for a timeout.

You can also try crossovers and ambiguous crossovers. If you do a running jump over them, you can hit AC in the air to turn around and hit them with a j.A which can be confirmed for some small damage. If they catch on and you still have an air option, you can do the running jumpover, hit AC, then airdash back and hit AC again before finally hitting j.A. It's funny as shit.

Also, never forget about empty jumps. Empty jump into low or throw is some of the best mixup you have.

i dont know, but if i were to play against a mitsuru, knowing the damage outpot she has in the corner, i will always tech forward in the corner. kanji characters will try almost everytime to tech forward and realy depends on the player where he is going to tech.

You can catch forward techs with sj back > fw air throw, which should be safe if you guess wrong and they tech neutral/up/back instead. Only downside is having to burst to convert off of it.

Doesn't look like you can just wait a bit and bufudyne in the other direction (they land too fast after crossing you up), but you might also be able to 2B, if they know about the throw. So, if you could develop these into good setups and followups, it would be a nice guessing game.

from my testing, it seems that all coups are -4 at close range. spacing it out makes it less minus or neutral. couldn't get it to be +.

edit:

able to get A droit at max range to be -2

able to get B droit at max range to be +2

able to get SB droit at max range to be +1

you guys can do testing too...

A and SB were +3 when done at close range.

didn't test B for obvious reasons

Who are the most notable players to watch of Mitsuru?

Dunno if he's the best but i've been watching shadow's mitsuru very closely. He always goes for max damage, nice spacing. Id say thats a pretty good place to start

Yeah I know that, it's just that the throws in this game have such god-awful range you have to be right up on them to grab them. Then Mitsuru has to spend 50 SP to combo off of her j.B and do a combo that isn't really even worth it most of the time.

What do you do against someone that down+backs constantly? So fucking irritating.

awww those people are the best! as long as they don't mash, it's game over

awww those people are the best! as long as they don't mash, it's game over

It's what I do when I play against her. Mostly because I'm waiting for the Coup Droit to bring her in so I can 5A etc etc Orgia mode stuff. It's fun playing ring around the rapier until Orgia mode is introduced.

The Aigis v Mitsuru match-up is probably my favorite so far. Someone always dies in ten seconds.

Off the top of my head:

P3U Player

Go-Ichi

Satochii

Shuuto

Lord Knight

Yeah I know that, it's just that the throws in this game have such god-awful range you have to be right up on them to grab them. Then Mitsuru has to spend 50 SP to combo off of her j.B and do a combo that isn't really even worth it most of the time.

That's not true at all, regarding overheads. Throws are very close range, yes, but you can do the occasional throw reset off A coup. Also try going for more crossovers.

I pointed out a lot of them in the video thread @_@;;

P3U Player (considered to be the best)

Shuuto (SBO champion)

GO1 (KVO champ, SBO qualified)

Die-chan (SBO qualified)

Dentetsu (SBO qualified, he's also on PSN...jiyuna was playing him yesterday)

Gomen Na Pineapple, wasnt in SBO but i saw nothing but good things from him

Minori, Shadow,Satochi are also okay, i think the ones i specified are better though.

For American Mitsurus, there's of course Lord Knight, if you watch the archives at twitch.tv/huey253 you can also see Kaigus mitsuru against Hueys Yosuke. Kaigu's mitsuru is really strong.

I generally avoid using very many blockstrings, and instead go for pokes or whip pressure. But when I find myself in the situation:

6B > 2B > j.B

5B> 2AB > Coup of choice

5B > [2AB] > Grab

5B > [2AB] > AoA

5B > [2AB] > j.B

5B > [2AB] > 2A (for pressure reset)

I'll occasionally pass through with AC or do some ambiguous crossovers. I also like jumping back to bait the opponent into thinking my pressure is over, and then snagging them with j.D.

If they block the j.D, I've usually done it low enough where I can A Coup for free after.

Edited by Jyosua

it's her jump B. You can't really get much damage off it, but it's good as a poke. If you charge it, you can combo off it. But chances are, they will stand by the time it finishes the charge.

wth, i thought A coup was -2 lol. never knew frames for ex though because i rarely use it. but it's nice to know now.

EX Coup Droit is also 7 frames and causes groundslide :v:

It's good for hitconfirming a 2AB without having to commit to B Droit.

Sign in to follow this