Sign in to follow this  
Jourdal

[P4A] Mitsuru Kirijo Combo Thread (Updated 9/20/2012)

if no one has posted this yet http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0XYCXNuAVY&feature=plcp and 4th combo can be done with 2a as well

Yea, I think those are combos from Arcadia (?). It's been talked about here, normally people try this combo after landing a 2A, since ending it in Super isn't enough even at level 3.

Also, I want some cool looking combos. Anyone have ideas on how to get j.B, j.C, into Ice Mirror mid-combo, mid-screen?

And what are some creative ways you've guys have gone about beating the final challenge for her?

In the corner you can do:

2AAA [4]6A OMC 2AB [4]6B 2A 2B [2]8C 4 [4]6B for around 2800 damage. It works on standing characters but it's a pretty hard link.

Full charged j.B starter, midscreen:

j.B > j.C > C Bufula > [6B] > 2AB > B Coup > 2A > 2B > C Bufula > [6B] > 2AB > A Coup [3809-(just frame) 4089/none/37]

any practical way of adding damage with one more burst? like adding 500 dmg at the end of a combo to kill the other before their awakening

btw sup everyone.

any practical way of adding damage with one more burst? like adding 500 dmg at the end of a combo to kill the other before their awakening

btw sup everyone.

Currently all I've seen is using OMB to extend damage from an air throw (not sure if it was a counter throw or not).

So: Airthrow, OMB, 2B, 2D, [6B], 2AB, A or B coup (I think both work). LordKnight did this at the most recent Local Battles tournament for reference.

I've been able to do c bufula 3 times within a combo string with the use of OMC to get the combo started. 2AB OMC 2B C Bufula [5B 2B C Bufula]x2 A coup for about 3048 damage. Is this useful and do you think that you can freeze 2P a 4th time? This is corner only as well

Edited by X_Sword

[5b] 2ab bcoup (keep pressing 3) 2a 2b 2d [6b] 2ab c bufula [5b] 2ab bcoup: 5k meterles without counterhit in the corner, kind of hard to do anyway. works on kanji and teddy so far, i have to test with the others. dont know if someone post this yet

edit: easier way, looks like works on everyone, have to try it with yu, yukiko and elizabeth, works on everyone else. if you need more damage, you can add 236236d x2 at the end for something like 7k

Edited by Mitsu-chan

[5b] 2ab bcoup (keep pressing 3) 2a 2b 2d [6b] 2ab c bufula [5b] 2ab bcoup: 5k meterles without counterhit in the corner, kind of hard to do anyway. works on kanji and teddy so far, i have to test with the others. dont know if someone post this yet

edit: easier way, looks like works on everyone, have to try it with yu, yukiko and elizabeth, works on everyone else. if you need more damage, you can add 236236d x2 at the end for something like 7k

Hmm this is also the same combo i was told bout somewhere else, but for some reason when i do it i only get 4717(whether i do fatal counter or not), heres the vid of me doing it,i feel like im forgetting something stupid:

Hmm this is also the same combo i was told bout somewhere else, but for some reason when i do it i only get 4717(whether i do fatal counter or not), heres the vid of me doing it,i feel like im forgetting something stupid:

The difference there is that he said to poke with 2A three times afer the first coup. I'd be worried about pushback if I did that though. You don't really need a measly 300 extra damage though.

Hey guys... i've been trying to execute some combos that use two freezing states and i've been facing some problems. I cant get to link the hits after the second freezing state. I tried to perform this combo in particular and here's what im getting:

What am i missing here? Should all my B strikes be fully charged? Am i taking too long to link B into Sweep or Sweep into B coup?

Any tips/help will be much appreciated... thanks!

Random confirms:

Counterhit Retreating jA > jD > 2AB > B Coup > 2A > 2B > C Bufula > 5 > 2AB > B coup

Counterhit retreating jB > jDD > C Bufula > 5B > 2AB > C bufula > 6 > 2AB > B Coup

Obviously the follow-ups can be swapped for near corner/midscreen etc.

instant overhead jB(Forward jump) OMC jB > jC > 2D > 5B > 2AB > C Bufula > 6 > 2AB > B coup

What am i missing here? Should all my B strikes be fully charged? Am i taking too long to link B into Sweep or Sweep into B coup?

Any tips/help will be much appreciated... thanks!

Your 4 after C bufula should be fully charged or it won't work.

Your 4 after C bufula should be fully charged or it won't work.

Thanks so much! Just made it! Not hard at all, just didnt know that the charged move had some differente properties... very cool

Thanks so much! Just made it! Not hard at all, just didnt know that the charged move had some differente properties... very cool

Yeah, in general sweep will only combo after 4/5/6B on counterhit, crouching confirm, or fully charged. If you're in the middle of a combo, there's no downside to fully charging the move as you have plenty of time given that they are frozen.

Edited by Jyosua

Yeah, in general sweep will only combo after 4/5/6B on counterhit, crouching confirm, or fully charged. If you're in the middle of a combo, there's no downside to fully charging the move as you have plenty of time given that they are frozen.

Thats right, always better to hit a charged B for higher chances of linking strikes in the middle of the combos... it just takes a bit of practice IMO to hold B and change the charging directions depending on the combo/situation... sometimes you need to place a charged B jumping forward and needs to follow with a sweep and coup for example... takes practice lol

So after a CH 5B there a lot of varations of followups ranging from 4-5k with OMC. What is considered the most optimal/practical?

I generally go with sweep/freeze loops or whip combos, for ease of use. In general, you want your first freeze to be a whip move, since they can only be the first freeze in your combo.

Thx, they generally seems similar in dmg and depending on how much meter you want and ease of use.

How do you adjust for them flying over your head/crossing up during the pull portion of freeze combos? Like during the CH airthrow confirm the spacing to hit 2B sweep seems really finnicky.

Edited by tastylumpia

What I use for CH air throw is 2D > [6B] > 2AB > B Coup > 2A > 2B > C Bufula > [6B] > 2AB > A Coup near midscreen, Or I'll use OMC > 2B > C Bufula > etc instead of the B Coup corner bit if my back is closer to the corner.

Edited by Jyosua

off CH air throw, you can do a [6B] > [2B] > 2D > what jyosua said.

the trick is to do a 6[6B] motion so you are basically doing a running [6B] asap to cover the entire distance.

off CH air throw, you can do a [6B] > [2B] > 2D > what jyosua said.

the trick is to do a 6[6B] motion so you are basically doing a running [6B] asap to cover the entire distance.

That's what I was thinking as well. On counter hit air grab, without the corner, I would do something like (running)6B>2B>2D>6B>2AB>CBufala>6B>2AB>BCoup. However, on bad connections I'll rarely even attempt it in favor of just immediately going for 5D. The damage isn't nearly as good, but it's still very respectable.

The only times when I can consistently pull these off in matches is against Yu's DP. I'm just not in the habit of going for air grabs when our j.A is so great (I really should do it more)

That's what I was thinking as well. On counter hit air grab, without the corner, I would do something like (running)6B>2B>2D>6B>2AB>CBufala>6B>2AB>BCoup. However, on bad connections I'll rarely even attempt it in favor of just immediately going for 5D. The damage isn't nearly as good, but it's still very respectable.

The only times when I can consistently pull these off in matches is against Yu's DP. I'm just not in the habit of going for air grabs when our j.A is so great (I really should do it more)

Have you tried using 2D instead of 5D? It'll probably net you more damage, but don't hold me to that.

I didn't see this posted (but please correct me if I'm wrong. I didn't look very hard). It gets 5030 damage off of an uncharged 5B near the corner with the option to add up to two 236236Ds

5B>2AB>BCoup>2A>5B>5C(15hits)>2B>2D>j.B>j.C>CBufula>5B>2AB>BCoup

This my go to counter now, unless I have enough time to do a fully charged 5B

Edited by LegendaryRath

Not sure if this combo has been mention but this one is a slight improvement over the second combo listed in the 5b Starter section for midscreen combos hopefully it will be updated

5B> 2AB> OMC> 5AA> 5B> 2B> 2D> [6B]> 2AB> C Bufula > [6B]> 2AB> B Coup does around 4300 dmg gotta double check later

Sign in to follow this