Sign in to follow this  
Jourdal

[P4A] Mitsuru Kirijo Combo Thread (Updated 9/20/2012)

The combos against crouching opponents, how does it work? Because Poeple are not going to crouch without blocking I noticed.

If you hit someone while they are crouching you get to add sweep > B Coup in your combos, which is vital to doing anything good in the corner. On standing opponents it wont work, so get used to telling whether they're standing or crouching.

As far as how to hit people when they're crouching, it can be a little bit tricky. Mitsuru's high/low mixup is fairly poor without the use of one more cancels. Because of this, many people choose to mainly crouch block.

Many of your good confirms with mitsuru are not based around mixing them up, they usually come from punishing their mistakes. One of the most common ways to do this is with her grab setups. You can feint a sweep (by holding A and B) so that you move forward but don't actually attack, after which you can grab the opponent. Once someone get's used to teching these throws you can feint the sweep and do a fully charged 4B instead. This will fatal counter and do massive damage.

I'm not saying that you should only be doing that, but it's a good example of how Mitsuru can get substantial damage.

If you want to make use of her high/low mixup, you'll need 50 meter to start. By jump canceling a blocked 2B (Her only jump cancel-able move on block) you can do a j.B > one more cancel > j.B and then continue the combo on the crouching opponent. It's pretty hard to do at first and even harder to get used to using in match.

If you hit someone while they are crouching you get to add sweep > B Coup in your combos, which is vital to doing anything good in the corner. On standing opponents it wont work, so get used to telling whether they're standing or crouching.

As far as how to hit people when they're crouching, it can be a little bit tricky. Mitsuru's high/low mixup is fairly poor without the use of one more cancels. Because of this, many people choose to mainly crouch block.

Many of your good confirms with mitsuru are not based around mixing them up, they usually come from punishing their mistakes. One of the most common ways to do this is with her grab setups. You can feint a sweep (by holding A and B) so that you move forward but don't actually attack, after which you can grab the opponent. Once someone get's used to teching these throws you can feint the sweep and do a fully charged 4B instead. This will fatal counter and do massive damage.

I'm not saying that you should only be doing that, but it's a good example of how Mitsuru can get substantial damage.

If you want to make use of her high/low mixup, you'll need 50 meter to start. By jump canceling a blocked 2B (Her only jump cancel-able move on block) you can do a j.B > one more cancel > j.B and then continue the combo on the crouching opponent. It's pretty hard to do at first and even harder to get used to using in match.

It’s not really about telling if whether or not my opponents are couching or standing. It’s more like I know they will crouch and guard for sure, so combos against crouching with sweep > B Coup feels pointless if they guard you all day. Especially if there is no Guard Libra like in Blazblue where there are penalties for over guarding. But yeah her mixups are limited so I have to rely on grabbing and her all out attack since it’s her only overhead. However, grapping doesn’t really do a whole lot unless they are in the corner though.

You'll usually hit people crouching when:

A) You do the 50-meter double overhead setup that Rath mentioned

B) You counter-hit someone out of a crouching move. Lots of people like mashing 2A when Mitsuru is nearby, especial characters like Chie and Yukiko, whose 2A low-profiles most of Mitsuru's buttons. If you make a good read, you can counter-hit those. This also sometimes happens when people don't know their spacing properly (i.e. Akihiko or Yosuke mashing 2A just outside their range but inside yours).

C) Some moves force crouch state during recovery. Punishing those always gives you a crouch combo. I.e.: Mitsuru DP, Narukami DP, raging lion and sword-car, etc.

D) This doesn't happen as often, but you will get the occasional random air-to-ground hit. Low air-dash falling j.A is pretty good against people playing too defensively. Just don't abuse it or you'll get anti-aired by people paying attention.

Side note: Even without big damage, her grab is still useful midscreen. If they don't respect it at all, you get very good positioning every time you land one, since it knocks them back pretty far (and if you grabbed them out of their pressure, you at the very least stopped their momentum, which is a big deal against characters like Akihiko and Narukami). If they start trying to throw tech, you can bait those and fatal counter for a lot more damage.

Like Rath said, you're generally not really trying to open people up with Mitsuru's pressure, you're trying to bait them into doing something you can punish.

Edited by Correa

After midscreen throw you also have the option to follow with SB bufula for further mixups and preassure or simply follow it with SB coup... if you're just past mid screen its possible to combo after the SB coup with 2a, 2b, bufu, 4, 2ab, B coup... its already something.

For overheads, i usually get counter hit against impatient player with j.b, which can be followed (if you were performing a forward jump or a cross up jump after running) with j.c, bufu, , 2ab, bufu, , 2ab, a coup.

After midscreen throw you also have the option to follow with SB bufula for further mixups and preassure or simply follow it with SB coup... if you're just past mid screen its possible to combo after the SB coup with 2a, 2b, bufu, 4, 2ab, B coup... its already something.

For overheads, i usually get counter hit against impatient player with j.b, which can be followed (if you were performing a forward jump or a cross up jump after running) with j.c, bufu, , 2ab, bufu, , 2ab, a coup.

throw > sb bufula only is worth it if the midscreen throw is ch

If you think your opponent will tech towards you, you can go into C Bufula instead. I've seen really good players tech into it and press a button when I've done that.

Whatever > 2B > 2D > 5B (held) or 6(4)B (held) > Sweep > C Bufula > 6B (Held) > Sweep > B Droit)

-Pretty much your goal midscreen. Most of your confirms will lead to this, if possible. Ways to go into this combo:

3) AA > 5B > Sweep > OMB > 6B (Held)

Hi, new to this game and having trouble consistently landing this combo.

Does anyone have any tips into timing both of the 6B's?

Thx!

Thx!

This is one of the most consistently tricky combos that Mitsuru has because it's a combination of managing both height and timing.

Unfortunately, the most important thing I can say is to just practice. Eventually you'll get a feel for it and you'll even know when you got it right ahead of time.

I would suggest trying a few different things for timing the first 6B (which is the part most people have trouble with). You want to time it so that when your fully charged 6B lands, your opponent will be as high in the air as possible. There is some leniency here but if they are too low then the C Bufula will miss after the sweep. A lot of people find it easier to use a 5B instead of a 6B, but it's essentially the same thing.

You could also try not charging the 6B at all. You'll lose out on a little bit of damage but a lot of people have more luck doing this. If you hit them with your 6B (or 5B) when they are fairly high, then they'll usually land right on top of your sweep afterwards, allowing the c bufula to hit.

I don't know why you are having trouble with the timing of the second 6B. The timing is incredibly lenient. After the c bufula lands, just hold 6B (then don't forget to start holding 1 for your sweep and charging the B coup). It doesn't usually matter how high they are. In fact, you can wait until they land on the ground and it'll still work perfectly (so long as you held the 6B).

Hope this helped a little bit. Just keep practicing and find what works well for you.

Thx!

Pretty much what legendaryRath said.Personally, I don't charge the first 5/4/6B and it works for me. As for the second 6B you can also just go straight into sweep>b droit. You lose a bit of damage with both of those options of course.

Thx!

use a held 6(4)B then time your sweep properly and you should get C bufula pretty consistently. you can use a held 5B instead when you OMC to go into that combo part. this works because the distance is pretty much always the same

for example, if you jump in and hit a crouching opponent with JB, then do JB > 5AA 5B Sweep > OMC > 2B > 2D > held 5b > sweep > C bufula

however if you hit 2B AA (in which case the distance is variable), you can do

2B AA (CH or non-CH) > 2B 2D > held 6(4)B > sweep > C bufula

hope this helps

corner mabufudyne combos taht DON'T require a OMB or fatal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=661m2DIQqRQ&feature=youtu.be&a

100SP, in corner

throw, 5AA > 5B > wait 2 > C Bufula, B Droit > Mabufudyine, running A Myriad Arrows

B Droit must be done asap

myriad arrows must be linked from mabufudyne, so you need to buffer a dash into the recovery of mabufydyne

i do the motion 236236 6 A to get teh dashing myraid arrows as fast as possible

125SP, crouching opponent near corner

5AA > 5B > 2AB > B Droit, 2A > 2B > C Bufula, SB Droit > Mabufudyine, A Myriad Arrows

without 50 meter, then you just go sweep > b droit. if you end up close to the corner after that, you know what to do.

with 50 meter, sweep > OMC 6B > 2B > 2D, 5 > 5C (15) > 5DD > ender

Man, it has been a while since I've been in this thread. :V

I notice you have this listed for an air throw OMB combo:

Air Throw> OMB> B Coup> 2A> 2B> 2D> [4B]> 2AB> C Bufula> [5B]> 2AB> B Coup [4828/None/9]

It's better to do this instead:

Air Throw> OMB > [6B] > 2AB > B Coup> 2A> 2B> 2D> [4B]> 2AB> B Coup [5003/None/9]

You may have to microdash 6B and slightly delay 2AB, but you can fully charge that first 6B.

It's better to do this instead:

Air Throw> OMB > [6B] > 2AB > B Coup> 2A> 2B> 2D> [4B]> 2AB> B Coup [5003/None/9]

You may have to microdash 6B and slightly delay 2AB, but you can fully charge that first 6B.

I agree that the damage is better, but sometimes I have trouble consistently landing the 5B/6B after the OMB (or even after a regular CH air throw in the corner). Doing B-coup has so many active frames that it's nearly impossible to miss. So whichever is easier for any person, is what they should do when either combo would kill.

P.S. I miss posting in this forum. Memories and nostalgia...

I can do it really consistently. You just have to know their rate of fall. It's pretty easy to do if you practice a bit.

If you want to be easymodo about it, you could just not charge the starting 6B and it will still do more damage than the B Coup version.

Edited by Jyosua

For a midscreen sweep FC, assuming you have a backcharge, it's better to do:

2AB(FC) > B Coup > OMC > j.DD > [5B] > 5C(15) > 5DD > [4B] > 2AB > C Bufula > [6B] > 2AB > A Coup for 4850 damage.

On the same note, for a midscreen [5B] FC combo, when you want to use the meter for OMC, it's probably best to do:

[5B] > [2C] > [5B] > 2AB > B Coup > OMC > j.DD > [5B] > 5C(15) > 5DD > [4B] > 2AB > C Bufula > [6B] > 2AB > A Coup for 5547 damage.

You need to hold the 2C and then delay the second [5B] for as long as possible(until they're almost lying down on the floor) or the charm will miss and you really don't want it to. Note that this generally is not a meter efficient combo as you can do very close to a similiar amount of damage without OMC, although the charm does make it a lot better. I'd generally use this if I'm near full meter and hence don't want the charm to go to a waste.

These aren't even that difficult after you get the beginning down, they're rather simple to time and flashy as all hell to people who don't know Mitsuru that well. They won't work if you're close to the corner, in that case you of course just go for a corner combo without the need for OMC. I guess the most difficult part is getting the end right after the 5DD.

I'll try to figure out an optimal OMB combo off 2AB(FC) midscreen.

I tried for forever to do something with:

2AB > OMB > [6B] > [2B] > 2D > [j.B] > j.C > C Bufula > [5B] > 5C(15) > 5DD > [4B] > 2AB > C Bufula > [5B] but the combo drops here. I guess C Bufula > B Coup would be possible, didn't try. Probably not worthwhile.

A good combo that's much easier and more consistent:

2AB > OMB > [6B] > [2B] > 2D > [5B] > 5C(15) > 5DD > [4B] > 2AB > C Bufula > [6B] > 2AB > B Coup

Edited by Shikyo

I suppose I could try those combos out. I like to be flashy when the opportunity presents itself. Also, I normally do my air throw combos with 6B, but netplay can make it drop more than it really should.

For an optimal OMB from 2AB, I think you're going to need to do 2AB > coup A > OMB to get the most damage out of it.

You cannot do OMB off A Coup, it misses. Unless I am bad.

For the corner, this works vs crouching, no counter hit:

5B > 2AB > B Coup > 2A > 2B > 2D > [j.B] > j.C > C Bufula > [5B] > 2AB > C Bufula > [5B] > 2AB > A Coup for 5011 damage.

The same combo works against standing as well if you start with [5B], of course, doing 5221. This is way more than any other meterless corner combo listed here off that starter. By the way, at this point the combo scales so much that if you end with C Bufudyne and they tech as soon as they can, they get hit by it after the tech and if they don't tech at all it combos. Good luck.

Same is of course true for a sweep combo, so off a non-counterhit sweep near the corner you can just go:

2AB > B Coup > 2A > 2B > 2D > [j.B] > j.C > C Bufula > [5B] > 2AB > C Bufula > [5B] > 2AB > A Coup for 4548 damage.

A significantly more damaging 2B counterhit antiair combo when you are a bit closer to the corner than midscreen and hit them deep enough with 2B is:

2B > [6B] > 2AB > B Coup > 2A > 2B > 2D > [5B] > 2AB > C Bufula > [5B] > 2AB > A Coup for 4495 damage. [j.B] > j.C > C Bufula version does 4353 damage.

By the way, here's my perfectly optimized Mabufudyne corner combo off [5B] FC. I haven't seen this exact one anywhere so hopefully it's not widely known:

[5B] > 2AB > OMB > [6B] > 2AB > B Coup > 2A > 5B > [2B] > 2D > [5B] > 5C(15) > Mabufudyne > 2A > Getsui Ei > C > Myriad Arrows B(hold) > C > D > (Kick gets released) > D Bufudyne

It does 10077 damage. You need to delay the C after the Getsui Ei so that all the ice doesn't land or it drops. Just the higher ice can land, the lower ice needs to whiff. It builds about 15 meter before mabufudyne so you can start it at 85 or so.

Edited by Shikyo

You can end all those combos with 5[4B] B Droit instead of [5B] 2AB A Droit for much better oki (d bufu or jb/jc safejumps)

edit: err, nvm I read those combos wrong, my bad

Edited by _Sey

Sign in to follow this