Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RadRed

[P4A] Teddie - Combo Thread (Old)

I've finally realized that the step turn after AA is punshable on block. Looks like I'm going to have to hitconfirm legitimately now

On block, you can jump-cancel Teddie's 5A and 5AA and either air backdash to safety or (unsafely) continue your pressure. If you forward airdash you can (generally) be hit by the opponent's 2B, so it's not something you can do mindlessly.

I respect that pun.

I've finally realized that the step turn after AA is punshable on block. Looks like I'm going to have to hitconfirm legitimately now.

Does anyone have any tips on setting up a 2C fc in the corner? I can't ever get a C to hit because it always gets jabbed.

Do the standard corner combo and end with 214B (Release D from Tomahawk Super). This will give them the fear status ailment, which causes all hits to fatal counter. Since you explode them with the super last, they can't air tech.

Now, you are in a position to put them in a risky situation. You can run up throw (and get a fat FC combo) or run in AA or whatever to continue pressure. Your opponent, wanting to avoid this situation, will want to jump. This is when you will get 2C fatal counters.

If you have at least 25% meter, you should just do the 214AB explosion ender instead. This gives Kuma the most dangerous corner oki.

For 5AA, instead of doing the third A, do AA sweep (if the fish hits from far away, you're at advantage) or dash cancel backwards into 5C or 5D item throw.

So off of 2c fatal counter teddie can run up baseball bat then run forward 5aa delay baseball bat and repeat for several times to push people into the corner. Im at work now so i cant really give an example of a combo but its really good if you get 2c fatal counters often.

there should be at least one FC 236c/d or cd combo in here. anywhere midscreen you should be able to do from up to max range the following

FC 236cd 236c j.a j.C 66 [jump] j.a jc j.a j.236a [super if you have meter] => if close to the corner, you can do j.236236d [two hits] then 5b 5c 2b j.a j.b ender for some nice damage

So off of 2c fatal counter teddie can run up baseball bat then run forward 5aa delay baseball bat and repeat for several times to push people into the corner. Im at work now so i cant really give an example of a combo but its really good if you get 2c fatal counters often.

This is pretty awesome. Lead me to work out these corner-carry combos:

Midscreen to corner:

- 2C (FC) walk/dash 5B

> dash[6] delay 5AA delay 5B

> hjc j.C j.B j.A

> land 5B 5C 2B

> hjc j.A (2 hits) j.236A (cancel quickly into j.236236[D] delay j.214B delay ]D[)

~4439 (5304) damage, +38 meter (Costs 50 Meter) (Induces Fear)

Note that you can end all of these combos with the Fear + corner oki that fubarduck mentioned (where j.214B hits just before the ]D[ explosion). The lower you are to the ground when you do j.236236[D], the easier it is. Edit: to get the Fear to hit first, and low enough that the explosion also hits, you need to do Bearscrew at the same level as or slightly below the opponent. They seem to fall slightly faster than you, hence it's easier to do this from a single jump than from a double jump.

3/4 screen to corner:

- 2C (FC) walk/dash 5B

> hjc j.C j.B j.A

> land 2B

> hjc j.A (2 hits) j.236A (cancel quickly into j.236236[D] delay j.214B delay ]D[)

~4156 (5028) damage, +37 meter (Costs 50 Meter) (Induces Fear)

If you 2C close enough to them, you should just dash to the other side and do the midscreen to corner combo instead. ;)

Corner to corner:

- 2C (FC) 5B

> dash[6] 5A 2B

> hjc j.A (2 hits) j.236A

~3759 damage, +31 meter

Like the other combos, you should be able to end this with a j.236236[D] into Fear + oki, but if the opponent (especially Yukiko) is too high up, the missile might not connect.

If you want to end this with just j.236236[D] delay ]D[, then do 3-4 hits of j.A to make sure the missile will hit them.

- 2C (FC) 5B

> dash[6] delay 5AA delay 5B 236D 236236[D] (release D when missle away from opponent)

> dash[6] 5B 5C 2B

> hjc j.A (2 hits) j.236A

~4523 damage, +?? meter, Costs 50 Meter

(todo: see if the 3/4 screen combo ender works for a little more damage)

maybe someone can come up with a better combo than this, but i've been trying to think of ways to punish ppl for mashing grab during my block strings. so i came up with this setup:

2aa (blocked) dash j.b (hold 9 so teddie doesn't bounce backward) j.a [one hit] 2b j.a j.a j.236a (super)

or do ppl have a more punishing way of baiting throw mash in general?

(This is on counter hit if I wasn't clear)

i've been trying to think of ways to punish ppl for mashing grab during my block strings. so i came up with this setup:

do ppl have a more punishing way of baiting throw mash in general?

Ironic post.

Back dash > 5B