Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moy_X7

[P4A] Yukiko Amagi Combo Thread (Updated 08/22/12)

What does: 236D ~ ]A[ ~ D > That part mean?

[X] = Hold

]X[ = Release

~ = Do the following thing immediately after

Basically what you're doing here is inputting the 236D, immediately releasing A, and immediately detonating the 236D (Maragi).

i've been trying to find a way to level up fire within a combo, and i think the key is using SB maragi. but the recovery from regular fireboost is super bad. so i think you'd have to use SB fireboost along with it.

is there any way to combo into SB maragi without SB agi?

i feel like this could be worth the meter since she doesn't seem to need too much meter in the neutral game. and just using it on super enders or saving it for double maragidyne traps doesn't seem efficient.

just wanted to throw that out

also i'm surprised more 5D or 5C FC combos aren't listed yet.

these are ones i saw in that one grainy JP combo video on YT unless these were mentioned already =X

(FC)5C > 236[A+B] > 5C > ]B[ > 236D > 66 5C > 2C > 3B > TK 236[A] ~]A[ > 5AAA > 236

(FC)5D > 66 5A > 5C > 5BB > 236[A+B] ~]A[ > 236D > 5C > ]B[ > 236D > 5C > 5BB > 236

*edit*

nvm i think the ones listed on the front are more efficient dmg wise

[X] = Hold

]X[ = Release

~ = Do the following thing immediately after

Basically what you're doing here is inputting the 236D, immediately releasing A, and immediately detonating the 236D (Maragi).

That is basically telling you that you have to input Maragi' date=' release Agi, and then the Maragi will connect. The timing varies depending on the height when you catch them with 5C; depending on the situation, you may need to release Agi at the same time you input Maragi, or even reverse the order. If your timing is off, you may need to manually detonate the Maragi (tap the button again) to try to save the combo. If you space and time things perfectly, there is no need to manually detonate Maragi in combos.[/quote']

Ah, gotcha, thanks guys!

5AA > 3B > 5BB > TK j.236[A] ~ ]A[ > 66 5AAA > 236[A]/ (1906/26)

So, I'm having some trouble this. After TK Agi I don't have time to dash and continue with 5AAA. I've tried experimenting with releasing A at different times and I still can't dash in time. Is there a video of this combo somewhere? I'm not getting it.

I have no idea why I had a 3B in there, I went ahead and fixed the combo on the front page. Try doing 5AA > 5B > TK j.236[A] > stuff to practice the link. I plan on doing a combo tutorial sometime soon once more combos get added to the thread. Almost there though, soon enough I can start Part 1 of the tutorial which would be the mid-screen stuff.

You want to release Agi at the latest possible time or else the combo won't work. This combo if hella tricky so you'll need to practice it a lot. The meter gain makes it totally worth it though.

Edit: Fuck it, I'll do it now and I'll at least cover the ways to do IAD j.A x 3, TK. j.236A, and SB Agi > Double Maragi combos

I never knew j.236[A] > 5A worked. Does TK version recover faster than ground version or something?

Also, I know that if you're in corner you can do whatever > 5BB > IAD j.A j.4B j.236AB and take that into the usual Maragi loop. It's a decent alternative for people who don't want to try doing that super-tight TK j.236AB link off 5BB, i.e. myself.

(FC)5C > 236 [A+B] > 5C > 236D ~]A[ > 6D ~]B[ > 6BB > 5C > 2C > 236 ~]B[ > 66 2B > 5C > 5BB > 2B > 236A > 236236[D]

(FC)4D/5D/6D > 66 3B > 5C > 5BB > 236[A+B] > 2C > 236C ~]A[ > 66 2C > 5C ~]B[ > 236D > 66 2B > 5C > 5BB > 236A > 236236[D]

these are the transcripts i did for the 1st combo and the last combo.

for the first one listed, the toughest part is the 5C right after the SB Agi. it needs to be as early as possible, so i hit it twice just to make sure it comes out. i also hit the 6D twice to make sure kono sakuya comes out. and then the B release needs to be pretty late so they don't pop out at the end.

for the 2nd one i listed, the A Release into C maragi is probably the toughest part. i found hitting the 2C while they're pretty high up, plus releasing A as late as possible is what will do the trick.

I never knew j.236[A] > 5A worked. Does TK version recover faster than ground version or something?

Also, I know that if you're in corner you can do whatever > 5BB > IAD j.A j.4B j.236AB and take that into the usual Maragi loop. It's a decent alternative for people who don't want to try doing that super-tight TK j.236AB link off 5BB, i.e. myself.

It apparently does recover faster than the ground version as I can't get that combo to work off the ground version no matter how hard I try.

That's really good to know about the latter, good find.

Might already be common knowledge but if you get a low airthrow in the corner you can deep j.A to pick them up and follow with a combo without wasting sp on OMC.

Thread updated, I updated the mid-screen and corner section. I'll dig through the thread again some other time to find and post more combos. From now, I would like for people who have questions to submit those to the Q & A thread.

ive been trying to do this combo from wiki 5aa5bb jc236ab maragi loop but the sb agi always too slow even on counter am i mlssing something or is it just that hard. Also what do you recommend for midscreen combo high damage preferably lower execution? thanks.

I think questions like that should be asked in this thread like Moy mentioned in his post.

EDIT: Got some combos I want to contribute (They are all mid-screen):

• 2A+B > 236A > OMC > 5C > 5BB > 5C > 236B (1327 (without explosion), 1474 (with explosion)/6)
  • 1D > 66 5AA > 2C > 2A+B > 236A (1373/15)
  • 1D > 66 5AA > 5C> 2C > 236A > 236236[C] (1736/16)
  • 1D FC > 5C > 2C > 236A > 236236[D] (2227/11)
  • 1D > 66 5AA > 5BB > 5C > 2C > 236A > 236236[D] (2214/16)

5D FC with 25 and 75 SP Combo Paths (1) (2) made by Gentle Hige.

The notations are in the video but I also put them in the description.

(FC)5C > 236 [A+B] > 5C > 236D ~]A[ > 6D ~]B[ > 6BB > 5C > 2C > 236 ~]B[ > 66 2B > 5C > 5BB > 2B > 236A > 236236[D]

(FC)4D/5D/6D > 66 3B > 5C > 5BB > 236[A+B] > 2C > 236C ~]A[ > 66 2C > 5C ~]B[ > 236D > 66 2B > 5C > 5BB > 236A > 236236[D]

these are the transcripts i did for the 1st combo and the last combo.

for the first one listed, the toughest part is the 5C right after the SB Agi. it needs to be as early as possible, so i hit it twice just to make sure it comes out. i also hit the 6D twice to make sure kono sakuya comes out. and then the B release needs to be pretty late so they don't pop out at the end.

for the 2nd one i listed, the A Release into C maragi is probably the toughest part. i found hitting the 2C while they're pretty high up, plus releasing A as late as possible is what will do the trick.

I added the transcripts to the video and credited you~ I hope you don't mind.

fun little combo that probably has no use

5A > 4B > 4B > j.236A > ]A[ >falling 236A > ]A[ > A

and in the corner

5A > 4B > 4B > j.5C > j.236A > ]A[ >falling 236A > ]A[

tried to get j.236A > ]A[ > j.C to work but it seems a fraction of a second off :(

EDIT: Got some combos I want to contribute (They are all mid-screen):

[*]2A+B > 236A > OMC > 5C > 5BB > 5C > 236B (1327 (without explosion), 1474 (with explosion)/6)

Buddy, turn the dummy's Awakening Mode off, it's screwing with the damage lol.

I upgraded your combo a bit though:

2A+B > 236[A] ~ ]A[ > OMC > 66 5AA > 5C > 5BB > 5C > 5BB > 236 (2457/6)

This sure beats doing boring old 236A > 236236C/D and you still get oki lol.

As for the 1D combos, realistically speaking, you'll never land them raw like that. There are four main ways as to how you could land them.

1) In the corner, after 236[A] oki, then 1D + 66 2A (unblockable setup)

2) In the corner, after 236[A] oki, then 1D FC + 66 2A (unblockable setup, the opponent is caught mashing)

3) Mid-screen, after 236 oki, then 3D FC + reverse 5C/2C (the opponent is caught mashing God knows why)

4) As an anti-anti-air with j.4D + falling j.A

I was thinking of something more like...

[Crouching Opponent] 1D > 66 2A > 5AA > 2C > 3B > 5B > 5C > 3B > 5B > 2A+B > 236[A] (2505/19)

[standing Opponent] 1D FC > 66 2A > 5AA > 2C > 4BB > IAD > j.A x 3 > 66 5AA > 2C > 5BB > 2A+B > 236[A] (3063/26)

1D/2D/3D FC > Reverse 5C > 2C > 236 > ]B[ > 66 5AA > 236[A] ~ ]A[ > 66 5AA > 5C > 2C > 236[A]/ (3613/29)

As for ending combos with supers, I'd like that as more as a last resort option and not an entire combo. I'll create a combo theory section one of these days and have that as an optional combo path.

5AA (2C) OMB 66 5C 5BB 236[A+B] ]A[ 66 5C 236C ]B[ (236C hits) 66 5C 5BB 236A (basically, Maragi loop) works and hits for around 3.7k if you get all the hits, including the explosion at the end. May or may not be worth your OMB depending on how you look at it, but a combo's a combo.

Edit: Combo does 3900 exactly with the 2C and 3659 without. I dunno how I get 3.7k in the first place.

The one real advantage I see here is that it gives you a Maragi loop on a grounded opponent. Damage is...decent, but given that this is Yukiko we're talking about, I don't think I'd sacrifice a burst for it unless it was going to end a match.

I was playing around with all-out attack combos. Here's one with extreme corner carry:

(After All-Out Attack C Launcher) j.B > j.C > j.236A > IAD > j.A > j.C > j.236B [3183/32]

It does basically about the same as the rest of her launchers from all out attack.

Okay someone explain the double maragi combos to me, specifically any of them off 5C FC. I can't fo the life of me get the timing on the releases.

This one specifically:

5C FC > 236[A+B] > 5C > 236D ~ ]A[ > 66 5C > 236C ~ ]B[ > 66 5C > 5BB > 5C > 5BB > 236

I can do it if I omit the 5C after SB Agi though.

Timing of Maragi combos is also something I've been wondering about. I spend a decent amount of timing in training trying to do these with no luck. I feel like I can't take my Yukiko to the next level because I can't figure out her more damaging combos.

It depends on your distance to the opponent and how high they are when you catch them with 5C (assuming you want both hits of Maragi to connect to maximize damage output). Generally speaking the closer and/or the higher they are after a 5C, the more likely you'll want to use C Maragi, but that's only up to a certain extent. Too high, and your only realistic choice is to use D Maragi and manually pop it; you lose some damage, but it's better than dropping it. Also, depending on spacing, you may need to delay the Agi pop for a bit after you input 236C. If you manage to catch your opponent low and/or with more spacing between you, you'll want to use D Maragi. This is the most ideal situation for the first rep if you're going for a double Maragi combi, but it's also the most risky since screwing up the timing here means your combo will drop with no chance of saving it since they'll be lower to the ground. You'll usually want to time D Maragi inputs to be in sync with an Agi pop.

It's worth noting that being in the corner can change the timing due to automatic Maragi pops when they hit the edge, so it's something you'll want to play around with.

Edit:

Timing of Maragi combos is also something I've been wondering about. I spend a decent amount of timing in training trying to do these with no luck. I feel like I can't take my Yukiko to the next level because I can't figure out her more damaging combos.

Getting her higher damaging combos down isn't going to get you to the next level as a Yukiko player. Not that higher damage doesn't help, but judging from your posts in other topics, I'd say you would be much better served by learning matchups and how to better control and limit your opponent with Yukiko's options (while important for everyone, these are huge for a character like Yukiko) than you would by focusing on damage output. Yukiko's bigger damage is generally more situational than most characters', and it's not going to help you much if, for example, you can't stop characters like Akihiko, Chie, and Kanji from getting in your face and running you into the ground.

Edit:

Getting her higher damaging combos down isn't going to get you to the next level as a Yukiko player. Not that higher damage doesn't help, but judging from your posts in other topics, I'd say you would be much better served by learning matchups and how to better control and limit your opponent with Yukiko's options (while important for everyone, these are huge for a character like Yukiko) than you would by focusing on damage output. Yukiko's bigger damage is generally more situational than most characters', and it's not going to help you much if, for example, you can't stop characters like Akihiko, Chie, and Kanji from getting in your face and running you into the ground.

I meant purely in terms of being able to dish out better damage, but yeah, you're right, I need to learn match-ups. This is the only fighting game where I've had to spend time learning about match-ups. I've always been able to wing it because the match-ups weren't actually that hard. Yukiko is a different story.

been experimenting with a combo the may reset unblockable mid-screen

2A->5A->5B->j.C->236[A]->airdash D ]A[

doesn't work at the very edge of 2A, DOES work on crouching

been experimenting with a combo the may reset unblockable mid-screen

2A->5A->5B->j.C->236[A]->airdash D ]A[

doesn't work at the very edge of 2A, DOES work on crouching

How high must you be for the air dash to work?

Anyways, I've added a "combo theory" section, which covers most situations where you need to use different combos.