Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Xie

Xie's Laboratory - P4A Gameplay Video Q&A Thread

circ you wanna double check to make sure koopa's correct on no super armor before we change the wiki description?

there is a dash recovery animation, but it can be canceled into block or attacks, so i don't think there's dash recovery. at least taht's what i've found from my testing.

no idea about trip guard, not even sure how i'd test it. just sweep as ppl jump at you?

Are furious actions and rolls invincible on startup / frame 0? It's driving me crazy. It doesn't always seem like they are or sometimes they are. I dunno man.

Rolls aren't invuln on frame 1, their invuln starts after initial start-up. And they can be thrown the entire time.

Most R-actions are typically invincible frame 1 or have super armor frame 1. It depends on the character.

edit: Beaten to the punch, yo.

I think Labrys (and Shlabrys?) R-Action armor doesn't kick in frame 1, don't quote me on that though.

they are

As far as rolls are concerned, they are vulnerable from frames 1-2, invulnerable on frames 3-24, vulnerable again on frames 25-33. I'll be releasing a video regarding this pretty soon.

As for B+D, I believe they are all invincible/armored on frame 1. I'll be releasing about every B+D as well, after I do some more research on them.

Is throw start-up universal in this game and do they have priority over other attacks if they connect on the same frame?

bolded section was true in gg and bb, so i can only assume it's true here as well

Throws are...

Kanji: 13f

Yukiko: 7f

Akihiko: 6f

Everyone else: 5f

Approximately.

Throws are...

Kanji: 13f

Yukiko: 7f

Akihiko: 6f

Everyone else: 5f

Approximately.

for reference, these numbers produce what for jabs? 5 for Chie, Yu, Yosuke, Akihko etc? I remember some numbers that were all 1f off from other sources (shtkn mitsuru numbers?)

I *think* those numbers were from Arcadia but I'm not 100% sure. I got it second-hand from #p4u.

As far as rolls are concerned, they are vulnerable from frames 1-2, invulnerable on frames 3-24, vulnerable again on frames 25-33. I'll be releasing a video regarding this pretty soon.

As for B+D, I believe they are all invincible/armored on frame 1. I'll be releasing about every B+D as well, after I do some more research on them.

Someone told me Teddie's isn't invulnerable on frame 1. True or false?

Someone told me Teddie's isn't invulnerable on frame 1. True or false?

I heard the same thing, so it was originally like that on the wiki. However, Spark tested it and he says it is invulnerable on frame 1.

are fatal counters stackable?

IE fear > AoA (first hit fatals >C/D fatal ender

would the 2 fatals give you 4 extra frames of hitstun? or would just be standard +2f hitstun?

Can anyone explain what's going on here? Yu OMC his B+D during a clash war.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHHwW3D2Wbc&t=2m44s

After trying it myself, I can get the OMC and block if I manage to get the following inputs after the clash:

B+D > clash > 4A+B+C > A+B+C > A+B+C

Any less A+B+C I'm getting counter hit out of my 5C(?). Seems like a glitch that cancels it even though it doesn't connect, but dunno.

EDIT: so apparently it's not that I'm doing it 3 times, it's that I'm doing a 5C then canceling it to a OMC immediately somehow. You can do it by just inputting B+D > clash > 4C~A+B+C, or any other normal it seems.