Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AchedSphinx

[P4A] Aigis vs Yukiko

I'm starting the match-up threads to give a basic rundown of each character Aigis has to face. Please note this is a work in progress and I would be grateful to receive any feedback on errors I've made or things that are incorrect. This information isn't my own, I've gotten it from other sources, and part of it is my overall assessment.

Matchup Ranking:

The Enemy's Assessment:

Overview

General Tips
  • Because Yukiko can’t do much without her persona, aim to break it to gain a sure advantage in the fight. Useful tools through the fight will be 2B and staggered 5Bs to bait Yukiko’s persona usage.

Close Range
  • Close Range -- Pressure Yukiko as best you can. Her fastest frame start-up is 2A, 7F start-up, thus using Aigis 5A, 5F start-up, is a good means to apply pressure with staggered mix-up and allowing you to easily go into Orgia mode. Be wary of her DP, it’s projectile immune and can bypass 5B or 2B.

Medium Range
  • Mid-range is a rough spot to be against Yukiko because of how good her zoning is. There are several methods to bypass her pressure, such as using Quick Escape to catch her in recovery frames and put you where you’re at the advantage. In this situation, 2B can be your friend and making Yukiko wary because she does not want to lose any persona stocks. If she is hit or blocks 2B, go into Orgia Mode and apply the necessary pressure. 2B is a good means to break her 5C and gain you the advantage.

Far Range
  • If you are full screen length away, the basic strategy for this is to hold your ground until an opportunity presents itself. Yukiko is favored in the position, however Aigis isn’t helpless. Your job in this situation is to break Yukiko’s persona by any means possible. Watch out for her 5D, 2D, and j.C, and when the persona is in recovery, break it and go into Orgia Mode. If your Orgia Mode is low or overheated, it’s a good means to delay and stall until you can go into it again. Her 2D is an overhead, so be cautious of it, and break it upon recovery.

Air-to-Air
  • Aigis j.A is a good way to approach in an air-to-air situation. Be wary of Yukiko’s j.D.

Air-to-Ground
  • Aigis j.B is great for surface to air attacks, mainly because Yukiko’s 2B isn’t air unblockable. Use this as a means of approach if she’s on the ground and punish any gaps. Yukiko’s 2B is a projectile so she can knock you out of your pressure if she guesses correctly.

Surface-to-air
If you’re on the ground while Yukiko is in the air, her best means of attack is j.B. Most Yukiko will be cautious of using their persona for fear of it breaking, so block her j.B and gradually pressure her. 2B is also great to use as well.

When in the corner
If cornered by Yukiko, think of it as if you’re at far range. Block her pressure and when there’s an opening, break the persona and begin your own pressure.

Reveersal
Dia is Yukiko's DP. It has a high vertical hit box and is invincible to projectiles. It also heals Yukiko while it's active, however the horizontal hit box is small, meaning a long range normal, such as Aigis sweep, can beat it out. Crossing over it can be done if you're quick enough, though any later and the high hit box will hit you. Poke at her with quick normals and bait it out, punishing it should be easy.

Good Tools For The Match Up

[*]2B

[*]j.B

[*]Orgia Mode

[*]j.A

[*]5A

[*]5B

[*]Gatling Blast

Things To Look Out For

[*]Maragidyne

[*]Fire Break

[*]2D

[*]Agi

Conclusion

[*]This match up is more about breaking Yukiko's persona to give you the upper hand. A lot of her blockstrings can be predictable, so breaking persona cards should be easy. Aigis also has a lot of projectile based abilties and you'll find yourself using 2B or Gatling Blast to pick off bad persona usage. Yukiko's health is also mediocre compared to the rest of the cast, so take advantage of it early.

I've been playing against an 800 PSR yukiko last night for like 20 matches. The match up kinda feels like ass. All of her normals pretty much beat ours. Trying to air to air with jC just loses a stock, Yukiko's air normals have alot of active frames and usually stuffs Athena. Yukiko's 5C is godlike antiair; it even hits behind her.

At full screen, counters are your best friend. Yukiko will try to fan your counter when it's down, but you get to run in easier and possibly punish the fan.

Yukiko's DP is hard to punish. I'd bait it or OS it, but I'd try to punish with sweep and she DPs again. Dash 5A or boost jC are gonna be your main punishers for her DP.

As a Yuki player, some of the more annoying things to deal with is 2B in general. From fullscreen Yuki can't really apply too much pressure other than random Maragi (firepillar) stuff and try to float her Persona above you. If she pillars, 2B should get you a Persona card. If Yuki ever floats the Persona in the air, 2B spray will hit it to grab a card. If she's throwing fullscreen fans 2B seems to work pretty well against that as well.

Yukis in general like to jump, so airthrows come into play a lot too. And she's extremely Persona-based, so if they're being careless with it, you could even burst or dead angle just to break cards, then just go in on her when it's broken. She loses her DP, so her only defensive options remaining vs. the mixups are dead angle, burst or roll, the latter two are more common and can be baited.

Well for one, you can't burst without a persona, so she effectively as 2 defensive options during that time, it's pretty brutal.

In my experience playing some pretty damn good Yukiko's, 2B is a good tool, but since she can throw 2 5B's in a row on the ground it's not worth the bullets, and if you're getting those thrown at you in the air you can't 2B, you can try to Yomi it with air machine gun, but is it really worth it? It's not like you get in a positive situation and good positioning with it and that's basically your game plan as Aigis.

Once you have 50 meter, if she knocks you down, buffer half circle forward inputs such that you can still block shit, but react to maragi at mid-range with chariot super to get out of that shit, and you probably should just never really R-action against her lest she's going for an unblockable setup and even then the timing is strict.

On oki dash over turnaround J.C in Orgia works as a safe jump as long as you're on the other side of her before she R-actions, and she'll die in like 2/3 combos so you don't need to connect very much. I don't think this match-up is really one of Aigis's problems, just learn how your opponent pressures and evasive or jump out of the holes.