Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AchedSphinx

[P4A] Aigis vs Teddie

I'm starting the match-up threads to give a basic rundown of each character Aigis has to face. Please note this is a work in progress and I would be grateful to receive any feedback on errors I've made or things that are incorrect. This information isn't my own, I've gotten it from other sources, and part of it is my overall assessment.

Matchup Ranking:

The Enemy's Assessment:

Overview

General Tips
  • Teddie is an unusual fight mostly because of the various items he can employ in battle. Knowing which one he’s using and is coming up will give prove useful. Each item’s position in the row is fixed and is carried over into the next round.

• MF-06 Brahman: A green action figure that transforms into a rocket. After a short amount of time, it will launch into the air and fly diagonally in the air in the same direction as the opponent. Once it launches, it will fly straight until it leaves the screen.

• Dr. Salt NEO: A can of soda. Gives whoever picks it up 20 SP. Good for extra meter or as a lure to bait an opponent into a risky situation.

• Dry Ice: A small chunk of dry ice lands on the ground and freezes on hit. It's a nice item to use while high in the air as the opponent is more likely to run into it since they can't see where it landed. Stays out for a while so Teddie can also force the opponent into it. It is also a good combo tool.

• Smart Bomb: A bomb attached to a parachute will float slowly and then explode after a set amount of time. Air unblockable. It's hitbox hits mostly above it, so it's mostly a tool for controlling space in the air. You can also set up an unblockable by throwing it in the corner and ending a combo with Bearscrew A so the opponent is forced to tech into it. It can also be used to extend combos in the corner.

• Oil Drum: An oil drum. Thrown into the air and then rolls across the ground at about the same speed as Teddie's walking speed. Extremely active and stays out for a long time. If it hits the opponent in the air, they will continually bounce off the barrel until it goes away. This is a great tool for cross up setups, harassment strategies, and controlling space on the ground. Guaranteed once thrown out (even if Teddie's hit). Generally called a barrel, even though it's not a barrel.

• Vanish Ball: A yellow bomb explodes and creates a smoke cloud which stays out for a while. Good for hiding mix ups. However, you also can't tell what the opponent is doing. Has no active hitbox.

• Firecracker: A firecracker shoots up and down across the screen. Very fast and travels pretty far. Good for catching opponents who aren't paying attention.

• Ball Lightning: A small mine lands on the ground. It'll shoot lighting after a set amount of time. The lightning inflicts Shock on hit.

• Muscle Drink: Muscle Drink. Restores 1000 HP, but inflicts Rage status. You can pick this up as a risky way to gain HP or push the opponent into it to set up unblockables.

• Pinwheel: Pinwheel flies across the screen in a sideways 8 motion. Good for covering space.

• Heavy Armor Agni: A red robot that turns into a rocket and launches. Flies towards the opponent. Will bounce off the wall once and fly back towards the opponent.

• Mystery Food X: A plate of was supposed to be curry but somehow ended up as something else. Will poison whoever picks it up.

• Amagiya Buckets:A rain of buckets on fire. Drums will sound before the buckets come down. Guaranteed once thrown, even if Teddie is hit. Generally called meteors because of their resemblance to Faust's (from Guilty Gear) meteors. Confuses on hit and is easily Teddie's best item.

Close-Range
  • Teddie’s most common pressure tool and poke is 2A, which has a 6F start-up. His 5A has good active frames and hit box, though it’s slower than Aigis 5A poke, which she can use for counterattacks if needed. Be cautious of his 2A because it’s hit box can be tricky.

Medium-Range
  • Teddie’s 5B gives him superiority in this position because Aigis normals cannot get within it’s range. Be cautious of it and time Aigis counter D to gain the momentum. Don’t allow yourself to be counter hit.

Far-Range
  • At a distance, Teddie will use his items to create him own projectiles so that he can get within medium range and punish with 5B. Aigis 2B is great for this, it can punish him and also remove persona stock, allowing you to jump into Orgia Mode and go on the offensive. Be wary of Teddievision, which can reach fullscreen away and allows him to teleport near you.

Air-to-Air
  • Aigis j.C and j.A is good to catch a Teddie using items recklessly and lead into big damage combos.

Air-to-Ground
  • j.B is good to use for air-to-ground, however watch out for his 2B, it has a lot of vertical range, and is air unblockable. Time your air-options to avoid it and punish it on recovery.

Ground-to-Air
If Teddie is in the air, expect him to be throwing items to catch you off guard and lead into combos. 2B is a good anti-air for this and Aigis can also j.A in the gaps of items he decides to use.

Reversal
Teddie Decoy is Teddie's DP. Teddie taunts his opponent. If he's hit, he explodes, bounces around the screen, and then lands far away from the opponent. Rages the opponent on activation. Projectiles will also trigger the attack though it will not rage the opponent if they are too far away. Not active from frame 1, but generally fast and very annoying to deal with.

Good Tools For The Match Up

[*]2B

[*]j.B

[*]Orgia Mode

[*]j.A

[*]5A

[*]5B

Things To Look Out For

[*]5B

[*]Items

[*]2B

[*]Teddie Vision

Conclusion

[*]A tricky fight that can easily shift into Teddie's pace. You want to keep it at your own pace if you want to defeat him. His items will make predicting things difficult, however they have a set order, to keep an eye on his persona, and if possible break it and apply pressure. Don't let Teddie get the momentum and the fight becomes favorable for Aigis.

I'm surprised this thread isn't seeing any action, IMO this is one of the hardest (if not THE hardest) next to Yu match-ups.

You can't stay away from him for too long or else he'll gain momentum on you in a heartbeat, and you can't approach him easily. He can throw out moves more"non-chalantly" than Yu to try and guess where you're coming from and not be in a bad situation because of it.

The only things I can really try to do is jump outside of his bat range for a little bit and choose an ambiguous time to try to airdash in such that he can't react for a 2B in time, and try to 2B him out of the air yourself unless he's too close, else he'll be in your face.

Honestly it feels like the Yu matchup but you have much less space to move around in.

Oh and god forbid you double jump over his head.

I haven't really had any long sessions against a decent Kuna yet but I pretty much have to out random him by just throwing shit out there and hoping it sticks. Like this match up looks like a Gunbound/Worms battle sometime haha.

I really like Athena in this match up since his projectiles aren't instant so you actually have time to set up 5D/jD, granted you're not in his 5B range.

Another lulzy thing I like to do his do a ground C Megido to cross under when he comes down from chucking his shit from the air. It usually beats or trades with his jA when he's coming down, unless you did the Megido too late.

Really risky, but if the Kuma gets predictable with his 5B you could roll through and punish with 5A > Triple Megido