Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AchedSphinx

[P4A] Aigis vs Chie

I'm starting the match-up threads to give a basic rundown of each character Aigis has to face. Please note this is a work in progress and I would be grateful to receive any feedback on errors I've made or things that are incorrect. This information isn't my own, I've gotten it from other sources, and part of it is my overall assessment.

Matchup Ranking:

The Enemy's Assessment:

Overview

General Tips
  • Chie is a high powered character with decent oki.

Close-Range
  • You will want to be in a favorable position in this position mainly because of Chie’s strong oki. If you’re at the advantage be sure to hit confirm into Aigis orgia mode pressure.

Medium-Range
  • A good method to eliminate the threat of Chie’s oki is to destroy her persona with 5B or 2B. If she connects with her persona oki, be wary of the methods available to her, such as quick escape cross up, high/low, and if you feel pressured use your DP wisely. If you read her quick escape cross up, 5AA can be used as an effect counterattack.

Far-Range
  • If Chie has meter and is in awakening plan to see her use Agneyastra to close the distance and create her turn the match around oki. If she doesn’t have meter, you can pick her apart with projectiles until Orgia Mode is up and set the pace of the match.

Reversal
  • High Counter is Chie's reversal, and as the name applies it will counter your attack on the first frame. It will counter any type of attack, so don't assume throwing will beat it out, delaying your attack the moment you see her do it is a good way to deal with it. Think of it like Hakumen's counters with worse recovery. Aigis can also cross over j.B to punish it.

Air-to-Ground

Ground-to-Air

Cornered

Good Tools For The Match Up

[*]2B

[*]j.B

[*]Orgia Mode

[*]j.A

[*]5A

[*]5B

Things To Look Out For

[*]Agneyastra

[*]Skull Cracker, first hit is overhead and the second hit is low

[*]5D

[*]2B

Conclusion

[*]This is a momentum based fight. Chie does a lot of damage and her oki is good. Her pressure strings can be difficult to deal with, however she lacks an effective answer to Aigis zoning, thus you can set the pace if you gain distance and the upper hand. Chie's run speed is faster than most characters, so keep an eye on her or else you will find yourself at the wrong end of a combo.

You're asking on the wrong forum if you want Aigis players to give advice from Chie's perspective.

Unless you're asking us what gives us trouble in the Chie match up.

You're asking on the wrong forum if you want Aigis players to give advice from Chie's perspective.

Unless you're asking us what gives us trouble in the Chie match up.

I made a post in the Chie vs. Aigis thread, no response. I'm having a lot of trouble with JC being so air dominant, and not being able to stop mid-range Orgia Mode advances on reaction with anything but Chie's B+D, and the occasional 5B at the right angle.

I havent fought a lot of good Chies but the few that I do absolutely steam roll me with constant pressure. Like the original posts says it's a very momentum based match up. Luckily(maybe lol) for you our momentum has a timer called orgia gauge so that is obviously the best time to go in, but tbh you just need to respect Aigis in orgia mode and either try to run away and make her waste Orgia getting in or watch for predictable mix ups and punish accordingly.

IMO focus more on the ground game vs Aigis, staying in around your 2A range. Aigis has short arms so it should be easy to beat her 5A/2A range and her other ground normals are fairly slow in comparison.

If you can read your opponent, roll through 2B if the Aigis gets careless and punish accordingly. Aigis doesn't have any true air unblockables so you could work your way in by chicken blocking. I don't know the frame data of Chies moves but you can potentially break Athena during the 14f of start up on jC with like your 2B or even 5A at the right distances if you can read it, try it out in training.

If all else fails:

1) awaken

2) roll face

3)?????

4) METEORS

Yea I don't have a lot of Chie specific tips, but I find this match up pretty even IMO. Just work on your pressure and make every hit count, don't be predictable and all that other fundamental goodness.