Kurushii

[P4A/P4AU] XBL Match Finder/GG Thread

I recognize you -- yes TV lag is real -- but you can compensate for it or adjust to it-- I play on a 47 inch Vizio (be sure to set it to game mode)

I don't think you're taking into account the fact that the delayed inputs/etc also takes into effect when it comes to blocking things and reacting to mixups, neutral game, etc. You can't adjust to that. Execution is one thing, but...

yea because i couldn't block basic stuff. i could only do 1 moonsault because of the delay. The slash would come out after the other guy already teched

I don't think you're taking into account the fact that the delayed inputs/etc also takes into effect when it comes to blocking things and reacting to mixups, neutral game, etc. You can't adjust to that. Execution is one thing, but...

yup.

lol yes you can adjust to it -- I fight all of the notable strong netplayers (for BB) and have taken plenty of wins and losses -- and adjusting to their mixups and stratagems is certainly possible

certainly the input lag exists but you guys are using as an excuse for poor skill lvl -- get real

yup.

I was going to refrain from this but swords -- your problem isnt TV lag - every time Ive fought you - and Ive known of you since early BBCSEX (early enough i suppose) - either p4 or BB (and im terrible @ p4 -- like the worst) You have far more noticable issues with your play rather than input lag

using things like TV input lag which CAN affect your performance -- as excuses do nothing but hold back your development and keep you weak-- over come it either by changing your situation or adapting to the new one

Edited by Nemesis

lol yes you can adjust to it -- I fight all of the notable strong netplayers (for BB) and have taken plenty of wins and losses -- and adjusting to their mixups and stratagems is certainly possiblel

no. it's like saying you can adjust to netplay and make it the same as offline. having a 2f delay between what you're seeing and your inputs is the exact same thing as playing online with a 2f frame delay through netplay. sure, you can predict mixups all the same on netplay, but that isnt' reacting.

Lag is pretty retarded. If you don't think it has any effect on the "skill" a player could possibly portray you're out of your mind. People obviously adapt to it and play it out, but to take netplay as any indication of skill is silly. The "rules" of the game change a whole lot online.

Do yourself a favor Nemesis and buy an evo monitor. Laggy TV on top of netplay lag is not fun.

no. it's like saying you can adjust to netplay and make it the same as offline. having a 2f delay between what you're seeing and your inputs is the exact same thing as playing online with a 2f frame delay through netplay. sure, you can predict mixups all the same on netplay, but that isnt' reacting.

I never said that -- adaptations and adjustments occur without making things "perfect" as we like them in offline -- but having played both I know its possible to react to both -- and many ppl share my experience -- most notably SKD who I am not acquainted with personally, but who became renown (as I am told) through almost solely netplay experience -- then took his learned skills offline to body ppl everywhere.

If he can do it -- anyone can-- if they want too and dont hold themselves back with petty excuses and pseudo helpful support when ppl want to complain about conditions limiting their potential

dont misunderstand my point of view as arrogance as I just tend to abhor self limiting disguised as other things

--I'll do that Kuru

edit : actually Im not sure SKD shares my view -- but my reference is rather valid all the same i would think

Edited by Nemesis

GGs to Colpevole, Grover DP, Ciddypoo, Omexcross and everyone else that I've play yesterday and the past week too.

I was actually about to reference you tectal.....

as yet another almost exclusive netplayer who when exposed himself to the offline scene - made lots of ppl cry who thought they were big stuff...

lol @ Nemesis. early bbcs:ex was quite a while ago. & i don't think i've ever played you on p4 so...? i'm not gonna argue with you on here tho, everyone has their own opinion.

lol @ Nemesis. early bbcs:ex was quite a while ago. & i don't think i've ever played you on p4 so...? i'm not gonna argue with you on here tho, everyone has their own opinion.

my reference to early bbcsex was meant to express I understand how you have been playing all this time

In the end thats all it really is I suppose-- I just ... dont like seeing ppl hold themselves back when they dont have too "in my opinion"

disregard my encouragement as you see fit

I was actually about to reference you tectal..... etc

I didn't want to keep responding to this conversation due to the potential of bad blood but i think i should clarify a few things. First off I'm some shitlord netplayer in minnesota who has literally 1% offline experience. I seem to keep giving the wrong impression on that front!

Secondly I'm really not trying to shit on anyone here, I just want to make sure it's 100% clear and known that people should be avoiding playing with TV lag as much as possible. Through twitter and elsewhere I've seen some friends go to offline/majors and suddenly realize the reason they do so much worse is because of the fact they play on a really laggy TV at home, switch immediately, and their lives are much better. You can adjust to the lag, but it'll always affect your gameplay and put you at a disadvantage, so it's something nobody should put up with. Just wanted to make sure that's 100% clear to everyone everywhere. :x

Lag is pretty retarded. If you don't think it has any effect on the "skill" a player could possibly portray you're out of your mind. People obviously adapt to it and play it out, but to take netplay as any indication of skill is silly. The "rules" of the game change a whole lot online.

Do yourself a favor Nemesis and buy an evo monitor. Laggy TV on top of netplay lag is not fun.

which tv's are the evo ones?

ASUS V236H.

there's a newer model that's just as lagless though, something like the 238vh

there's a newer model that's just as lagless though, something like the 238vh

Thank you, I can't find the 236 available anymore on my usual shopping sites.

Going to be on P4A until it's time to leave for a family outing.

Apparently I have a 2bar with Skeetz. Better than I was expecting.

I'll be on in a bit and it would be great if I could get some Chie mirrors or get more Yukiko MU experience.

Edited by Rybuster
redacted shit

I'll be on in a bit and it would be great if I could get some Chie mirrors or get more Yukiko MU experience.

thanks for the praise, Rybuster

What time are you getting on? Can we play a set?

Offline is better than netplay and is way more fun.

Plus everyone has the same T.V and no internet lag to deal with when they play each other.

Its fair for everyone. It matters more. Get the Evo monitor or CRT if possible.

I'm going to play later if someone wants to play for fun. Invite me if you want to.