Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TagerTime

[CP] Iron Tager Changelog

I was lost when I saw that ground bounce after AC.

Well, this is a loketest. I hope to see what they change in tomorrows test. But man, that line, Isuna. You weren't kidding...

Valthazeryus thanks for clarifying that the giant jumping arm swing is actually the first part of Grand Punish. it will be great to finally have something to end air combos with. your lucky you actually got to play tager in BBCP location test. i wish i was there. in the videos tagers moves look much faster. did you find his moves to be faster when you played it or does it just look that way in the videos? if you happen to go back to the location test again can you check if they gave tager back his voltic charge 720 counter attack that he had in the final arcade version of extend but was removed later in a patch. can you also check if spark bolt has startup invincibility or if it can be done in the air and also if 6As super armor starts up earlier than before. Also see if they made any improvements to Voltic hammer counter attack. I cant think of any more questions maybe someone else has some to ask you.

So grand punish is basically a blockable-comboable command throw. I guess that gives the consistency that j.2C does not. I suppose the next question is, does it work against grounded opponents? (Standing, crouching, downed, w/e)

With that big sweeping initial attack, I sure hope it works against grounded opponents. I'll be disappointed if it doesn't.

wouldn't be that simply too good? something that tager is not allowed to have :P

If it's blockable command throw then how would it ever hit them. A mid combo move? Mixup?

Hopefully it's an overhead at least?

But yeah if it's a "hit throw", then I guess we can definitely use it in combos, unlike j360C.

It's like we got air pot buster divided between two moves. Though with that big sweeping attack, grand punish will probably be a lot easier to land in a combo.

With a name like "grand punish," you'd think it'd have some kind of defensive or reversal properties to it. Probably not though...

What's the hitbox like anyway? would be helpful if it hit above Tager, both for ending concise and because tager lacks an air move that does that.

What's the hitbox like anyway? would be helpful if it hit above Tager, both for ending concise and because tager lacks an air move that does that.

In the videos we haven't really seen anybody land it yet, haha. Hard to say.

In the videos we haven't really seen anybody land it yet, haha. Hard to say.

This short clip i took from the video is all we got so far but at least it shows that it does hit grounded opponents and it looks like a very fast move that can be used very low to the ground.

View My Video its best to view this clip in slow motion because it happens right before a guys head walks in front of the screen.

This short clip i took from the video is all we got so far but at least it shows that it does hit grounded opponents and it looks like a very fast move that can be used very low to the ground.

View My Video its best to view this clip in slow motion because it happens right before a guys head walks in front of the screen.

*watches 8 times and then successfully catches the frame of the clash*

That hits REALLY low that clashed pretty far down and that it clashed instead of got stuffed means it at least doesn't have a horrible hitbox.

2B low profiles under a lot of crap, it can be used as a legit AA from time to time.

10% of people that see me due in fact duck under while passing, we should be grateful to them. ; )

Nothing new on the JBBS yet...

God, people walk through it right as the move comes out.

Yea same thing happened with Tagers crush trigger

View My Video

Hey Valthazeryus if you go to the loketest again please check if command grabs are still untechable after a guard crush. And tell us about tagers overdrive. Does it make the magnetism alot stronger also? Is Magnetism no longer useless trying to pull in valk or hazama out of the air? Can you buffer 720 from overdrives invincibles startup?

Can you buffer 720 from overdrives invincibles startup?

Oh my god. That would be amazing.

Oh you did something in 720 range? OVERDRIVE MAGNETISM 720 GAME.

I mean really, being able to react to your opponent by simply slamming on all four attack buttons when you see something punishable and then using the time to casually 720? That'd be win.

if its possible, i want to know if the crush triggers are rapid cancelable, plus all the other good questions above my post of course

Yea same thing happened with Tagers crush trigger

View My Video

Hey Valthazeryus if you go to the loketest again please check if command grabs are still untechable after a guard crush. And tell us about tagers overdrive. Does it make the magnetism alot stronger also? Is Magnetism no longer useless trying to pull in valk or hazama out of the air? Can you buffer 720 from overdrives invincibles startup?

Guard Crush? You mean when Primers break? Because that system is removed. Or Crush Trigger. I'm making notes of these on my iPad.

・Overdrive information

・Does Overdrive affect magnetism strength

・Effective against airborne Hazama and Valkenhayn

・720C buffered in Overdrive activation

Sometimes it's hard to get information because you don't communicate with your opponent and it's just trades of HP back and forth. I need my friend there or maybe Isuna. Lol. Also, the impatient line behind us is stressful, because they all have itches to play and they rather be ones playing, not watching.

Guard Crush? You mean when Primers break? Because that system is removed. Or Crush Trigger. I'm making notes of these on my iPad.

・Overdrive information

Sometimes it's hard to get information because you don't communicate with your opponent and it's just trades of HP back and forth. I need my friend there or maybe Isuna. Lol. Also, the impatient line behind us is stressful, because they all have itches to play and they rather be ones playing, not watching.

Can you watch even if you're in line?

Personally I wouldn't care. If you can watch then you're getting data either way, right? People will be people though.

You can watch once you reach the floor where the cabinets are at. Floor 3. There, a tv is setup that streams one of the pairs matches. It's hard to see until you are halfway up the flight of stairs between floor 2 and 3 if that makes sense. Even then it's still hard to see since the tv is small, around same size as the one Isuna records off of. Imagine watching that a couple 15 feet away?

See where the guy in the green/tan/brown colored shirt with jacket is? That's where you can get a better and/or crisp view of the tv.

406245_10150966887866104_955811063_n.jpg

Mostly, people play the characters we have information on, too. Or they all just play Amane. Usually the latter.

・Overdrive information

Yes i meant by using crush trigger to guard crush your opponent. Also check these few other things too if its possible

• Are crush triggers rapid cancelable?
  • Did they make any improvements to Voltic hammer counter attack?
  • Was spark bolt given any startup invincibility?
  • Does 6As super armor start up earlier than before?
  • Can you still combo after a 360?
  • Can you do gadget after landing 720C or Grand Punish?

Thanks you so much for all of your efforts Valthazeryus and Isuna!

Edit - oh i didnt realize you already answered my post in the general thread before i made this one

I noticed something in the tager vids. In the vid vs hakumen Normal Jump D has way more untech time now. Looks like plenty of time to land and AC or Spark before they can tech out. In the vid vs platinum you can see counter hit jump D knocks them down all the way across to the bottom corner of the screen. You can also see that 6C doesn't bounce them up off the ground unless they are in the air when hit.

I replied in the other thread. In case you don't feel like searching...

Q. Does 6A's super armor start up earlier than before?

Does not seem so.

Q. Was Spark Bolt given any startup invincibility?

Nope. Also, seems like the hithox for 623D Spark Bolt is small. I missed hitting a Hazama standing right in front of me.

Q. Is magnetism no longer useless trying to pull in Valkenhayn or Hazama out of the air?

Could not test. I'm sorry.

Q. Tell us about Tager's Overdrive. Does it also make the magnetism a lot stronger?

Seems the same.

Q. Can you buffer 720C from Overdrive's startup invincibility?

Not sure what this question really means. I can buffer the notation and then it will do it after the animation for Overdrive when I press C. It's same as fully charging Voltic Charge all the way then doing a standing 720C.

Q. Can you do Gadget Finger after landing 720C or Grand Punish?

I could not do it after Grand Punish. Grand Punish can be rapided.

Q. Are crush triggers rapid cancelable?

Could not test.

Q. Check if command grabs are still untechable after a guard crush.

Could not test.

Q. Did they made any improvements to Voltic Hammer counter attack?

My opponent didn't let me test this.