Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Skye

[CP] Arakune Technical and Gameplay Discussion Thread

I have them all memorized (the important ones at least)

Nerfs

• 5f jump start up
  • j.c > j.d is gone
  • Curse Bugs use curse meter
  • 2b > 2a is gone
  • j.b, 5b (on block), 5a > 6b (on block) and 5d jump cancel is gone
  • 2c and 5c lost FC properties

Buffs
    • j.b > j.a added
    • 5b > 2c added
    • 2b > 5b added
    • 5d > 3c added
    • 2c is 5 hits, safer than previous iterations
    • All curse moves add 1/3 curse meter
    • 6d bell bug doesn't go off-screen in the corner
    • Cloud types are fixed instead of random
    • Curse time (without bug summons) is longer

Indifferent Changes

[*]Dive launches

[*]j.d launches

[*]6b FCs

[*]Some teleports have different trajectories

here is an easy fullcurse combo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VkKZBiJINI

Works off of 5A>6B, j.B>5A>6B, 2A>5B>6B, anything into 6B that isn't a SMP move used in the combo.

Whoa, I would actually prefer doing this over 6b>j.6d>5d>236b>2c>6d since it allows you to cancel 5d into homing cloud and use that to buffer. After 6d, 5b>5d also works and would probably be another good way to buffer b bug into d bug. However, the timing and spacing to the combo itself is pretty tricky since I find myself either whiffing the 6a or the 2C part of the combo when spaced wrong most of the time than just timing. 5a>6b>j.44>j6d helps since being too close is reason 6a whiffs.

EDIT: 3C after 5D catches them with the C bug. But I can't seem to get the D bug to launch. opponent just techs before D bug 2. :gonk: Currently seeing if I can get a bug to combo into c bug>dbug from the himing club input to see if it's a different result. Grasping at straws.

Pretty much having fun with this combo. XD

This combo doesn't seem to work with tall characters, doesn't work on ragna for example, the 6d hits instantly for me, am i goofing it?

I pretty much prefer 5a, 6b, jd, j6c, jc,j2a,dive cancel 6d, 5d, slow cloud

Yeah, the combo works on only three characters (Jin, Kokonoe, and Rachel). The reason why it doesn't work on the others has more to do with wall splat height than height, but then again I couldn't even hit some of the smaller characters with the combo due to some of their weird hitboxes (lol at carl having a hitbox on his hat and Platinum's necklace).

Well...it was fun. >.> I just realized Arakune's Dive Cancel is still useful in this game rather than just 6d. I gotta get the hang of doing it more often again.

Corner Unblockable setup, it beats everything.

Corner 5A>6B>IADj.D>CURSE>super jump j.C>41236A>Delayed ACbugs>2C (4 hits) or 6B>6D>unblockable

The starter can be anything that works into 6B>j.D>CURSE, really.

I've been experimenting and super jump j.C pushes the opponent to the corner and it's easier to do it that way, after the 6D, I'm unsure if it's better to do B and C bugs or just B bug, since they can't roll out of the corner anyways, and that's more curse meter to use for you, so the setup would end with 6Bbug and a delayed 6Dbug. Maybe.

EDIT: You actually need to delay both bugs, then let go of D and then B bugs, the timing is somewhat strict, otherwise you get blue beat, the bell bug lets them tech out of the combo if they let themselves get hit, or whatever, it might even be character specific.

Sometimes I'm able to do wheel>rekkas>5D>22C>6A>(6B>6D)/(5C>lasers), and sometimes I run out of bugs to use before finishing rekkas, must be the timing after the 6D I guess? Shit's easy if you don't use C bug on their wakeup though. It's a guaranteed 4k~5k unblockable setup if done right, 7~8k with 100 meter, around 9k with OD.

It can also be done with 50% curse off 6A with near corner 6A>6B>IADj.6D>6B>IADj.6D>CURSE>super jump j.C>41236A>Delayed ACbugs>2C (4 hits)>6D>unblockable, harder to do though, because the second j.D activates SMP.

EDIT:

Better combo off 40% curse:

(6A>2B>5B) or (j.B>5A>2A)>2C>5D>invisibility>delayed 5A>6B>IADj.6D>CURSE>sj.C>41236A>Delayed ACbugs>2C (4 hits) or 6B>6D>unblockable

I knew you could do something after j.6D that had something to do with an airdash forward and not backward, shit's genius.

Motherfucker cursed a bitch midscreen into corner.

That's hella good.

I pretty much prefer 5a, 6b, jd, j6c, jc,j2a,dive cancel 6d, 5d, slow cloud

Is it me, or does this combo have a weird DC timing on some characters? Example, try this on amane...I keep fucking up DC into 6D. Success rate is like 1/15. :\

Hi there! Been playing BB since CT (Tager/Tsubaki) casually but looking to get into it properly now as my local scene is really thriving atm and Marvel is getting dull :P

Got a PS3 just for CP and been playing Arakune since this week as I picked the game up in Japan last week and I'm having a ton of fun with it. I have a good sparring partner here too, he plays the majority of the cast pretty well and has insane blocks so it really forces me to get better.

Anywho, I just read the whole thread from page 1 (a lot of sadness about nerfs it seems) and I'll try to contribute with anything I come up with. o/

Ugh... I've tried to hold my enthusiasm with Arakune, but the downgrades are starting to tear into my win/loss ratio, and not in the good way.

Dark Onion, you've come in a tough time...

Ugh... I've tried to hold my enthusiasm with Arakune, but the downgrades are starting to tear into my win/loss ratio, and not in the good way.

Yeah, I feel that. I know I'm new to the game but locking down, pressuring and finally comboing with bugs is a srs pain in the arse compared to how it used to look in all the other games! I will persevere but playing against the likes of Valk/Koko is breaking my spirit!

I've played CP a very limited amount, but he seems stronger with corner combo into reset rather than midscreen. He also does have a great/easy place to activate OD in a confirmed D bug. You just have to protect your neck, pick your spots, and capitalize as hard as possible when you get the right chance. I've never seen so many people wishing for a character to not get a buff. If you can persevere with this Arakune, you gonna generate salt

It's not Arakune, trust me. I play him just fine on U.S netplay and I rarely lose. America is super free to Arakune.

You still have no curse mixup, or neutral. You can't play Arakune if you're not optimizing every opportunity for better spacing, confirms, mixups.

When you curse me, I don't even get scared because I know you have no mixup. In neutral you try to rely on garbage like J.214A > 2C.

Practice instant jump C > into 8K+ walk up 4B > 8K+ Any hit near corner should always be 100% curse into oki and high-low, left-right mixup.

The character is weak tier wise because he's really weak against the top tiers. (Kokonoe, Hazama, Tao, Litchi, Valk) They all destroy him. You still have 1 touch death combos so you're really never out of it. Just need to try and survive the really lop sided Neutral.

He still has ToD combos? I thought he did like 4k now or something.

I played Biscuits online. He pulled like 7.5K with 50 Heat. Arakune can definitely still freaking kill you.

Practice instant jump C > into 8K+ walk up 4B > 8K+ Any hit near corner should always be 100% curse into oki and high-low, left-right mixup.

The character is weak tier wise because he's really weak against the top tiers. (Kokonoe, Hazama, Tao, Litchi, Valk) They all destroy him. You still have 1 touch death combos so you're really never out of it. Just need to try and survive the really lop sided Neutral.

Thanks for the advice, Skeetz. Will do