Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Skye

[CP] Arakune Technical and Gameplay Discussion Thread

He still has ToD combos? I thought he did like 4k now or something.

Yes, any of his decent starters do 8K with just a regular super. OD super adds a ton of damage to the end of combos as well.

The reason he's weak is because his neutral sucks and he can't really convert off random hits like the top tiers can. His damage is there, it's just landing that solid hit feels impossible in some matchups.

Also, if you keep your burst you can squeeze out wins by just getting a homing cloud and activating OD in neutral. Against some matchups it's advised to just OD off any hit to instantly curse them and try to get them in the corner.

@Biscuit

So the curse will activate if you shoot out a homing cloud and activate OD right before it hits?

Also, what are your thoughts on the using the cloud that slows your opponent down? In most of my cases, the opponent starts panicking or try to avoid it by running at me. Would it be better just shooting it out or combo it in the corner?

In OD any D move curses on hit, blocked D move gives you 50% curse. Cloud can not be blocked so that's instant curse. 5A > 5B > ODC > 5D/2D gives you 50% curse on block.

Slowdown cloud is good. You use it right when you curse them to buffer bugs and negative edge accordingly. If 5D curses you immediately cancel into slowdown cloud and buffer bugs.

@ Biscuits

I see... I've always cheaped out on using the distortion gauge and OD, but if using those adds another 2k~3k to combo, might as well use it in favor of bursting.

Probably been blinded by the regular distortion being a little nerfed only to realize that using it with OD is better.

But using OD will sacrifice a burst that'll help you when you're trapped in the corner. Your thoughts on how to get out of a corner? I've been using 5a->6b, jump and warp, sometimes CA and Distortions.

OD has several uses with Arakune since it gets you instant curse. 5A > 6B > ODC > J.6B is instant curse.

Generally you'll go into OD during curse combo if

1. They have burst and you'll kill with beam super

2. You're low at life and they have a lot. Doing neutral OD lets you have curse for an extended amount of time which lets you reset into more damage.

You can also punish shit like wake up Infernal divider by just doing raw OD in Ragna's face.

In corner If you won't kill with beam super then don't go for it. You go for D bug down > 5D > 22C > 6A > 6B > 6D and try to setup an unblockable (6D + low) or just put them in a really fucked up situation. If you need max damage you opt for D bug down > 5D > 22C > 6A > 5C > double super, of course OD for more damage longer curse.

In the corner you need to just block, instant block, barrier. j.44 teleport has too much startup. Forward dash is good if they try to stop you from upbacking. Generally if they jump while you're in the corner you can escape with a forward dash and put them in the corner.

@ Biscuits

Thanks for the advices Biscuits. I really never gave thought to utilize Arakune's OD too much but now that you've explained his worth with it, I need to practice with it alot more.

Thank you.

http://youtu.be/f8b7xbD65Dw

How the hell do you do the combo in 1:59 without getting an SAC? Been trying to do it. :\ I think i'm better off doing 5C>j.A>j.C>j2A>DC>5D (wallsplat) >66>6B>j6D>6D. Easier confirm and curse.

Iirc release d bug > 5aaa > 41236a

ah thanks, there is one other thing, when gong for unblockable resets during curse, bell bug messes the combo up all the time if they get hit my d bug before hand, is there any stable way to stop this happening? i've had it make the opponent tech even in the middle of 2c.

I don't think so, though the one thing worth looking out for is making sure d bug 1 and the bell bug hits around the same time. That's the only way I could think of stabilizing it.

For unblockable setups you need the D bug to hit before the bell bug and the bell bug to hitduring the first phase of the D bug, otherwise they'll tech out, so make sure you hold the button for a little while after doing 6D, something like 2C>6[D]>6]D[bug>6Bbug (for roll tech)>any low.

Delay 6d so that the back of Arakune's head makes contact. Bear in mind 6d > 2c is height specific and cannot be done in just any combo.

You'll usually only take that route in the corner after a j.d and you can't step back to make 5d connect.

I don't remember that working, can you link us to a video with the combo you're having trouble with?

Alright guys, I got it.

The 100% midscreen to corner curse combo off an S starter. I understand it.

As far as I know, there are two versions, basically the same, but just uses the respective 6b follow ups at different spots. These, I've found, are largely up to preference, the combo is a doozy, regardless.

(j.4b) > 5a > 6b > iad j.4ab > j.6d > j.4b (1/2) > j.a > land 6b > iad j.2a > DC 6d > 2c > 5d

(j.4b) > 6b > iad j.4ab > j.6d > j.4b > 5a > 6b > iad j.2a > DC 6d > 2c > 5d

The trick is the first iad. You need to pretty much literally tap the barrier, because you need to carry a wee bit if distance before you j.d. you almost plink the barrier and j.d. after that, the test of the combo isn't that hard, it's just that first iad is imperative to execute correctly. Iad barrier too long and they'll tech, don't iad barrier, then the j.4b will most likely whiff.

In my efforts there was no such thing as doing the barrier too early, the faster the better.

It's jumping B while holding back during an airdash, makes you fall faster to the ground, works with (almost) every move Arakune has actually. Skye wrote the notation wrong it seems, should be IAD j.4B.