Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Skye

[CP] Arakune Technical and Gameplay Discussion Thread

Sorry noob question.

So how are you going to follow up 6b without corner or curse?

Edit:

And whats the use for j.d than?

Some kind of long range poke?

We aren't I guess? Just like in CT, 6B was the designated "get off me" move that was used to throw a cloud afterwards. Then again cloud was super strong in CT so...

Also in all games but CP you could combo j.C>j.D, so I hope they either buff j.D a ton or make it comboable again somehow, because otherwise fuck that.

I just realized that a slower Cbug fucks up a lot of setups and even the main curse combo path depending on how slow it is, we'll have to wait and see.

2d 1 hit was a change they messed with during loctests for cp 1.0 as well.

J.c only hits opponent when in the air or on a standing opponent. but not when they are crouching?

Well, there goes the double overhead 6a>J.c I wish I used more. T_T I seriously hope this locktest doesn't fuck up Arakune even more and that some of those changes do not stay. I did not spend months learning j6d x2 for nothing.

2a > 2c not gatling only leads me to understand that 2a > 5b > 2c will have to staple way to get the 2C > 6d combo. But man, what a stupid nerf. :(

2a > 2c not gatling only leads me to understand that 2a > 5b > 2c will have to staple way to get the 2C > 6d combo. But man, what a stupid nerf. :(

i actually really don't like this, there are times where the pushback of 5b makes it possible to block 2c, it's quite hard to ascertain that distance.

If c bug guard breaks I guess that arakune's best bug to throw out after a curse combo will be c bug now instead of d bug, that'd be pretty funny to see.

The opponent will need to barrier at all times wich means that they're more prone to getting into danger state and then guard crushed, wich means huge damage. It'd be pretty cool for gc cbug to stay.

D bug 2 goes up faster
C bug comes out slower

I think j236c > c bug > d bug will be difficult if they keep C's buffer time the same.

so one thing i have noticed about the changes it seems like you almost have to play arakune as you used to play him in CT more spacing. atleast from just reading the changes. im sure he still has good up close stuff.

Hmmm... Since we may be losing 6B>j.D (and with it, one of the corner insta curse combos), I was thinking:

Might starter>2C>5D>236B>6D>j.D work for an instant curse in the corner? The combo above makes it sound like 6D>j.D works in at least some situations.

I would think it's more like 2c > 5d > 236b > 6b > j.6a > dj.c > j.2a > DC 6d > delay j.d.

It sounds possible, but we lose oki. Just wait til the next test, none of these changes are final.

Has anyone done all of Arakune's challenge mode combos? I had a question about 29.

At the start it goes 4B>C/D bug>CT

And the B bug flies down in front of Azrael. On that combo are you supposed to do 4>6]b[>5cd>CT? Or immediately release the B button after hit?

I do believe that his challenge 30 is impossible. That is all.

I do believe that his challenge 30 is impossible. That is all.

I wasn't even going to bother with that one, since the only supposed solution I've ever seen to it involved repeated uses of 5B during C/D bug hits, and fuck that.

I've been trying to get better with using multiple bugs that aren't just C/D bugs in a row, and BCD (B bug missing) is the first one to give me real trouble. His Challenge 29 seemed like a decent practice combo for this purpose.

Hello

very new arakune player here.

In the first couple section of this thread...

Can someone please explain why both the mid screen and both the corner standard curse combos start with j236c?

even in the setup section I only see one setup and it starts with j66X

maybe because Im new im just not understanding something but why do they ALL assume that you start in the air?

Where are the combos that start on the ground?

I don't get what you mean, all of arakune's curse combos launch into th air since that's what the d bug does, even if they start on the ground.

Ok thank you. Thats exactly what I was asking. That makes sense since it should start with the d bug it launches them. then i do the j236c etc

would if the curse gets actived by...for example, j66d or the spider, or the j236d cloud far away? even if it launches them theres no way im getting there in time to start the combo they will be blocking wont they? The curse setup section starts everything with j66X but wont they be on the ground when i start trying to set up?

You mean off a 5a starter in 6b>j.66d? No, they would be in the air when you do that. If you curse them with j.66d, then you would buffer b/d bugs and catch your opponent with those bugs.

yes thats exactly what i meant 5a 6b j66d

i buffer the bd bugs? can you tell me what you mean by that? from what I see in practice the opponent is really far away and the bugs miss. especially the d bug.

That's probably because you release b and d bugs without holding 6 as you do it, hence why it misses.

After you curse your opponent with 6b> j66d, you should be able to catch your opponent with the b bug and then the D bug should do the same.

Or, it can also be your timing of how you buffer, which takes practice. Try tapping 6b and 6d while Arakune is in his j.d recovery animation where we can't do absolutely anything in the air until he lands.

So I found this right when curse meter is about to be full and curse activates:

*Corner, 75% heat, and (not needed but adds damage) overdrive.

2C>5AB(crush trigger)>6A>6B>j.D>CURSE ACTIVATED>6D>C bug>D bug>j.236C>C bug>D bug>236236C>6D oki

For some reason, You can sometimes fit in another j.236C after the second D bug hits then go into 236236C or sometimes it's labeled as a same attack combo so you have to do it as written above. Is it possibly a glitch? I know for certain it's not a reset when I do the second j.236C. :/

I realize this is probably a super noob arakune question but thats what I am haha. can someone explain why all the curse setups in the first page all start with j66db? why arent there ones that start on the ground?

did anyone ever get a corner curse setup section going? I noticed its still blank.

while were at it im having trouble understanding this one:

• 5aa (stagger pressure) ​5aa~2 > jump forward > 4]b[ > j.cd > b bug > c bug > j.2c > d bug
    • Raw overhead with b bug assist, can delay j.c to turn this into a cross up overhead, cross up overheads beats most dps.

it says jump forward but then the next move is 4b, its not j4b? or does it assume you wait until you land?