Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

XDest

[CP] Loketest and Overall Changes

From Matoi's twitter (https://twitter.com/matoi_taokaka):

- ヒント:6Aで浮かない

Taokaka's 6A no longer floats.

- 猫3発生早くなったのはいいけど、それだけですまない気がする。初段補正相当きつくなるとか、DEでキャンセルできないとかはありそう

Cat Spirit 3 is faster, probably can't cancel into drive anymore.

From https://twitter.com/ricomeekun:

- ボーリング多段ヒットなうo(^▽^)o

Bowling ball is multi-hit now.

- とりあえず6C同技。猫2は二匹で2B始動5ループo(^▽^)o

Something about 6C same move proration most likely. 5 loops off 2B in AB2? What is he talking about?

- It also sounds like something has changed about jumps/dashes after drive cancels. Sounds like it's not possible anymore?

- They might also be talking about Tao losing jumps/dashes?

- しゃがみに6A(1)猫3つながりますよo(^▽^)o

6A -> 236C works on crouching opponents because of the speed buff.

- 5D対空でスライドダウンしたら余裕でダッシュ6C繋がるんよo(^▽^)o

Standing 5D causes slidedown, possible to combo into 6C near the corner?

- 端じゃなければダッシュ5Bよっゆーでひろえるよo(^▽^)o

Dash B after standing 5D is possible.

- 通常技は6Aが1.2段目両方当てても浮かないのと3Cがはやくて三段目がスライドしやがら出る。4Dの軌道が低く発生が早い、地上の相手に当ててスライドして5Bで拾える。猫3くそ早い。アンコールはスライディングして相手が仰け反ってすごく有利フレーム取れる

3C is faster, 3C(3) causes slidedown, 4D is faster and doesn't jump as high, Cat Spirit Encore is sliding (like 2B?), adv on block?

From Tsujikawa's twitter (https://twitter.com/tujikarori):

- 21Fの猫3…ゴクリ

Cat Spirit 3 has 21 frames startup?!

Don't know what to think of some of this...

Cat Spirit 3 being faster is a great thing given how 6B is almost useless. On the other hand I don't like losing jumps and dashes (I mean, that's one of the main reasons I like Tao).

The 5D slidedown works only when done as antiair move (uh), I don't know if it implies a CH or not though.

From the looks of it, it feels like they're switching back to her old rushdown playstyle (like in CT) rather than hit'n'run away she developed in the last iterations... well, atleast I like the fact that she might be gaining a couple of new pressure options. Also the new air super might be like Valk's (air ender). Hell, I'd be fine if we could get our old CT knockdown back. :X

p.s.

Hi, I'm back :X

Cat Spirit 3 being faster is a great thing given how 6B is almost useless. On the other hand I don't like losing jumps and dashes (I mean, that's one of the main reasons I like Tao).

The 5D slidedown works only when done as antiair move (uh), I don't know if it implies a CH or not though.

From the looks of it, it feels like they're switching back to her old rushdown playstyle (like in CT) rather than hit'n'run away she developed in the last iterations... well, atleast I like the fact that she might be gaining a couple of new pressure options. Also the new air super might be like Valk's (air ender). Hell, I'd be fine if we could get our old CT knockdown back. :X

p.s.

Hi, I'm back :X

The amount of people that already get hit by 236C at 30 frames is shocking. I'm really happy that it'll be a legit option now.

I really hope I'm reading that part about the jumps/dashes wrong.

Care to link me to that part? I can translate anything you throw at me.

なんか空中行動回数減ってて、一度ジャンプしたあとのJDABCは空ダできたんですけど、二段ジャンプしてからのJDABCの後は空ダできませんでしま

"It feels like her air-movement options have decreased somehow, if I jump once and do j.D~A/B/C I can airdash after that as usual, but if I try doing the same after jumping twice I can't"

Hmm.. well if it's like this then it doesn't hurt that much. It simply means we just can't be too random with jump>drive~cancel. If anything, this coupled with the CS3 buff hints to a return to a CT-like rushdown type of game.

That and, it's just first loketest, things might completely change in the next one.

"It feels like her air-movement options have decreased somehow, if I jump once and do j.D~A/B/C I can airdash after that as usual, but if I try doing the same after jumping twice I can't"

Hmm.. well if it's like this then it doesn't hurt that much. It simply means we just can't be too random with jump>drive~cancel. If anything, this coupled with the CS3 buff hints to a return to a CT-like rushdown type of game.

That and, it's just first loketest, things might completely change in the next one.

Sounds good to me. I'll keep updated on this loketest, I don't think things have been completely tested yet anyways (apparently everyone forgot to check her counter assault)

- アンコールはダウン技か。ボーリング起き攻めできれば完璧なんだけど

Cat Spirit Encore causes knockdown, bowling ball oki seems really good now.

I think it means Tao cannot air dash after a double jump drive cancel. I wonder if this also applies when you Super jump and drive cancel...

I think it means Tao cannot air dash after a double jump drive cancel. I wonder if this also applies when you Super jump and drive cancel...

Oh, I see. So I guess A and B cancels use up jumps now like C cancel possibly? That sounds more likely to me.

Edit: Oh, I see what you mean now. In previous games you can do double jump, any cancel (even C), and air dash afterwards. But you couldn't do triple jump air dash. A bit inconsistent.

Yea I'm comfortable with the change since I barely moved like that unless I'm being purposely annoying/fighting Carl. 236C being 21 frames is a plus I suppose, but I'm truly liking the 5B link after 5D as it can open up a little more damage after a common hit confirm.

- とりあえずDDはエリアルからダウンとれるのか。〆用かはたまた拾えるか

air super is a knockdown.

Was lurking around jbbs and this is what I got...

-6A speed up, but something about it being harder to combo and cat encore

-Air super hexa edge

Was lurking around jbbs and this is what I got...

-6A speed up, but something about it being harder to combo and cat encore

-Air super hexa edge

6A in most combos should be pretty irrelevant now. It doesn't launch on grounded opponents, look at the loketest video.

I wonder what combo routes she's going to have. I wouldn't mind being able to use 3C midscreen again...

All I really want is knockdown, 4D in combos, color buffs (worst nerf since CT), and more things to make people complain is always great for me ..

Did you know that you can't tech 4D-A till you touch the ground? The amount of mix up's that you can do with proper timing is just amazing if your just a few heat away from AB2. Not to mention you can OS tag rolls/grab/hit confirm =3

All I really want is knockdown, 4D in combos, color buffs (worst nerf since CT), and more things to make people complain is always great for me ..

Did you know that you can't tech 4D-A till you touch the ground? The amount of mix up's that you can do with proper timing is just amazing if your just a few heat away from AB2. Not to mention you can OS tag rolls/grab/hit confirm =3

I think I read something about 6C not getting SMP. So combos might actually be a little similar to CSEX, meaning that 4D~A in combos should stay. Here's hoping.

It seems like the biggest thing right now is losing 6A float, but we seem to be getting a few things to make up for that.

XDest on a scale of 1-10 how salty would you be if they removed the "mashed D" color scheme in BB:CP?

Don't care much for it actually. I want my blue and purple back.

Is it just me, or is j.B's hitbox way better in the videos I've been seeing? Also, it looks like 236C is no longer an overhead, oh well.

From what Nikki (our jap-br translator) said, the 5C->JC->j.B->j.2B->j.C combo was working even against Carl...so yeah, j.B hitbox is better now.

Is it just me, or is j.B's hitbox way better in the videos I've been seeing? Also, it looks like 236C is no longer an overhead, oh well.

What will the point of using 236C outside of combos be if it's not even an overhead anymore :psy:

Glad for better j.B, however I never really liked the j.b>j.2B combos, I hope better combo routes will show up.