Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gli

[CP] Rachel Alucard Gameplay Discussion

y u do dis Tari :V

I think my Rachel is getting somewhere. I got bodied by LK last night though. At least I have a replay to study from.

y u do dis Tari :V

I think my Rachel is getting somewhere. I got bodied by LK last night though. At least I have a replay to study from.

I'll get around to it eventually! >_<

My main enjoyment with Rachel right now is from throwing lobelias at people and killing people with astrals. I mean, when even stuff like 2C (CH) > 9D > Astral is a legitimate combo, you know you have to use it, haha.

But yeah, as far as actual combos go in this game, I'm pretty sure I have a better grasp of Izayoi than Rachel at the moment. Shouldn't be as hard to learn Rachel's new stuff as it is to learn a new character, though.

The wait is horrible. I feel the pain you are going through, it's not nice D: I had Google maps up when checking my tracking so I could see exactly where my copy was. That's how bad I got.

I've gotten better at some stuff after 5CC wallstick I guess, or I should say I'm getting more accustom to something like 5B > 6A > 5B > 6A > 4B (something like that (think I noted it right)) and I had a few more matches online today and lost a lot, but I gave Rachel a red balloon for lobby so all is good. Also, Look forward to Sakaku's combo thread :)

Challenge 29 hurts my fingers and I haven't done it yet. Anyway, I still have a lot to learn and get used to.

On a completely unrelated note, did we get Rachel birthday art from ASW this year?

Nope, I didn't see any on the official site. Latest one was Azrael which was also in October.

And I need to get my Rachel in shape. Been messing with Terumi last I played, and I need to get these midscreen Rachel combos down.

I'll get around to it eventually! >_<

My main enjoyment with Rachel right now is from throwing lobelias at people and killing people with astrals. I mean, when even stuff like 2C (CH) > 9D > Astral is a legitimate combo, you know you have to use it, haha.

But yeah, as far as actual combos go in this game, I'm pretty sure I have a better grasp of Izayoi than Rachel at the moment. Shouldn't be as hard to learn Rachel's new stuff as it is to learn a new character, though.

My favorite is 5B astral. I was messing around and found out the Rachel can combo in to astral off of pretty much everything bar A moves. Seriously, its hilariously easy to combo into and I love it.

My favorite is 5B astral. I was messing around and found out the Rachel can combo in to astral off of pretty much everything bar A moves. Seriously, its hilariously easy to combo into and I love it.

Yeah, her astral is ridiculously good now. I just enjoy killing from cat chair, haha.

So, I've finally managed to get the hang of some of Rachel's simpler combos.

5B>5C>3D>3C>8D>6A>4B>dash>5CC

5B>6D>6C>J.C>5B>5CC/3C

and in the corner 5B>5C>5D>5CC>5B>6A>236A>6A>4B>3C>Frog/Pumpkin Oki set up.

My neutral and mix up games need some work. I know how to perform Rachel's instant overhead, but it''s more of a matter of being able to do it 100% of the time.

I'm also struggling with Zoning Game. I need to build up some good habits, like always having Pumpkin Support during summoning, and not using all of my wind all at once.

I can do stuff in training mode but not in an actual match lol

Edit: I should say I can do very little stuff.

Just keep on playing until it becomes second nature. Worked pretty well for me. What you definitely have to learn though is not pressing buttons on your wakeup. :D

Only thing I'm still having trouble with is whether to go for an air combo or j.2D (land) 6A 4B stuff. I'm too greedy trying the latter all the time because it's so much more fun doing. :P

Just keep on playing until it becomes second nature. Worked pretty well for me. What you definitely have to learn though is not pressing buttons on your wakeup. :D

Only thing I'm still having trouble with is whether to go for an air combo or j.2D (land) 6A 4B stuff. I'm too greedy trying the latter all the time because it's so much more fun doing. :P

I agree, the latter combo route is so much more fun. :P

When you whiff that combo, though....

Yh, it's so easily punished if you mess up. What I also noticed, characters with a hitbox like Azrael are hard to hit with 3C after 5B 6A 236A, any solutions for that? Delaying the 2326A works at times, but I can't find any consistency in landing it.

edit: also seems to apply to Haku, so possibly Tager as well?

I know, I just got to keep playing and eventually feel confident in actually doing stuff and I also agree, I need to stop mashing buttons. I keep getting nervous of all this new-ness xD

At least I got to see you beat me up with Rachel so I can always check the replays for reference :)

Edit: I've been having trouble with the 236A > 3C stuff as well. I might go back to that bit in challenge mode that demonstrates it to give me some visual help.

Mid screen dash 3c is still very hard for met the timing is strict and online gg. I'm having trouble with 5d 5b 6a lift combos too. Any advice?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

You have to activate OD before the Lobelia hits. Note that this means you do not do a cancel OD. The Lobelia should fall as the OD time stop happens.

You have to activate OD before the Lobelia hits. Note that this means you do not do a cancel OD. The Lobelia should fall as the OD time stop happens.

Ah, now I got that right, thanks. So it has to be right before the stun gauge in training mode shows up.

Though that ages long hitstun only seems to happen when it hits the enemy crouching :O

Ah. Darn. Just figured out a different way of doing it without OD, but is harder to pull off than that. Apparently I suck at searching. Props to whoever figured it out first.

Out of curiosity, was the way you did it similar to the way I did it? Because I felt really silly finishing that challenge the way I did.

214A, 236B > (frog hit) > 236B, 5B > j.C > j.236A 2D > 5B > j.C > j.236A 2D > 5B > 6A > 236A > 5B > j.B > j.C > jc j.B > j.C > j.214C > land BBL > 236A 8D > 236A 8D > BBL > 236A > 236A 8D > 236A

I feel like there are an infinite number of ways to potentially finish that challenge, and that most (if not all) of those ways are probably completely useless.

I need to try doing some of this 236A > Dash > 3C stuff.

Also. I'm finding teching difficult for some reason. Did I read right when I read there has been a change to how teching works now or is it just me?

Tech/recovery > D stuff hasn't been working well for me much either recently. keep getting caught in 5A's or whatever xD

EDIT: Does anyone know Matsu's PSN? Is there more Matsu's out there that play Rachel, well it's not impossibly I guess. They might have been be level 14 or Dan something, I can't read D-Code cards on the new game so I couldn't tell.

Also. I'm finding teching difficult for some reason. Did I read right when I read there has been a change to how teching works now or is it just me?

Tech/recovery > D stuff hasn't been working well for me much either recently. keep getting caught in 5A's or whatever xD

Gotta hold a button to tech now, like in P4A. And please don't apologize

I'm so... ok. I don't mean to ;_;

I only played P4A twice as I don't own it so I'm not used to it and Cecilia in Japanese for tutorial mode is useless to me xD

I'll try and get used to it. Thanks for explaining what I need to do :)