Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jourdal

[P4A] Mitsuru VS Yu Narukami

i really need help with this match up ( and many others, but that's another time.. ). i got blown up really bad at a local because i've never really experienced fighting an competent yu. so any tips would be greatly appreciated.

I spent the weekend playing this match-up. During Narukami's rushdown, there are a few parts where you can just use her Getsu-Ei to get out. And because Izanagi likes to stay out forever, it's very easy for Mitsuru to persona break Narukami which will really limit his options. If, for whatever reason, Narukami throws out a fireball, just j.D into a combo.

Personally, if I see Narukami with bar, I get worried because of his full-screen super. I'm still learning the game, so not fully sure how to get in with Mitsuru without eating a super.

This is one of the only matchups where I use the "counter assault." I feel like a skilled yu could keep himself safe with a well performed blockstring. What I really want to know is what to do after Yu knocks you down and sets up his strong oki game?

This is one of the only matchups where I use the "counter assault." I feel like a skilled yu could keep himself safe with a well performed blockstring. What I really want to know is what to do after Yu knocks you down and sets up his strong oki game?

Block high. :v: I'm joking: a good Yu will go for lows as well. You could practice timing 2B to utilize the invincibility to counterhit his overhead. There are definitely places where you can DP as well, but be careful with that. Really, blocking is your best safe option, until he has to summon Izanagi again. You can coup him for free when he does that.

Things that Yu players don't want you to know:

Off hard knockdown or his sweep into Izanagi summon, you're free to Getsu-ei on wakeup to kill the pressure.

In this match, Yu's 5B can counter-footsie Mitsu's 5A, however it is a lot more of CH bait so 5A into Sweep strings become a lot more prominent in this match, since you can easily get a 5A CH against Yu's same utility, slower normal.

Also, if the Yu player doesn't know the re-knockdown setup, you can just not tech, take a couple of hits after like an OTG 2A, then air tech out of the situation. However, it is possible for the Yu to re-combo into the sweep after the OTG, so you can be screwed and put in the same situation again. But if you're able to not respect the Yu player, by ALL means you should do it and not tech.

Things that Yu players don't want you to know:

Off hard knockdown or his sweep into Izanagi summon, you're free to Getsu-ei on wakeup to kill the pressure.

In this match, Yu's 5B can counter-footsie Mitsu's 5A, however it is a lot more of CH bait so 5A into Sweep strings become a lot more prominent in this match, since you can easily get a 5A CH against Yu's same utility, slower normal.

Also, if the Yu player doesn't know the re-knockdown setup, you can just not tech, take a couple of hits after like an OTG 2A, then air tech out of the situation. However, it is possible for the Yu to re-combo into the sweep after the OTG, so you can be screwed and put in the same situation again. But if you're able to not respect the Yu player, by ALL means you should do it and not tech.

Actually you're free to SB Coup to counterhit him on nearly any Izanagi summon, if you have the reactions for it. You leave yourself less open for punish that way.

You may or may not be able to A Coup as well... I can't remember because I get counterhits off coup so often, that remembering this specific situation is a little difficult.