Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moroha

A.B.A vs. Eddie

A.B.A vs. Eddie Japanese ranking: 4-6 Eddie This match will really test you as a player. Let's start with the good news. Trapping Eddie in your pressure game is the beginning of the end for him, because he really doesn't have anything phenomenal to get out. He can fly away, go underground, or attempt one of his shitty supers, but you can deal with all of them. ABA can f.S little Eddie with the first hit, and catch big Eddie with the second. She can FB Danzai / FB Slide through the unbrock oki Eddie throws at you. Eddie is also extremely easy to apply the j.S mixup on due to his height. Now for the bad news. Whenever you find yourself in normal mode, plan on dealing with drills of all shapes and sizes, Eddie -P K and S-, 2S, f.S, and 6H. Your normal slide is very dicey against Eddie, as he has a lot of moves that will stuff it and get you nowhere fast. Sometimes it definitely feels mandatory to burst or FB slide your way to a transform. Eddie can really do an excellent job of keeping you in normal mode, and when you ARE in Moroha mode, it still is a struggle. Eddie is fully capable of getting the IK on you. Taking to the air against Eddie is dangerous in itself, since he's got 2H, -S-, 6H, AND 6P, but if his reaction is iffy, your air normals tend to do well. 2D does an OK job of killing little Eddies. When you do reach Eddie, stay on him and always end your combos with 2x keygrab if you can. (Basic combo is 5S 2H IAD S HS Orbs land 2S Keygrab, OTG keygrab in corner, super easy and leaves you with advantage)

thanks! those drills are trouble. i find myself waking up to them and getting pressured into a string, is this escapable? i find that i have to wait for a second drill but by then eddie has cranked his own gaurd gauge or either got me in command throw. will FB or SB work? i find that 236S is a good move to spam gets rid of the pet and its RANGE(hint -_o) often rewards you with rekkas (on anticipation; get eddie to turtle). also feinting into HS works well lol.

when eddie chains into teh shadow ur best option is 2k xxx wutever... in both modes... its g0t teh range and its 6frames... nething else is ret@rdedz... if ur in gimpy mode especially since getting hit w/ a counterhit drill is far less Penalizing... umm sj.k bringz that whore out of flight... moroha already covered how dope far slash is... don't underestimate random running string, or even normal string for shadow killing, its literally teh fastest move u have at far ranges, easily.. i like tic throwing w/ keystab since a fl00red eddie sux and a good eddie won't be mashing most of teh time.. hell i'll tic throw Into gimpy mode if hes near teh corner then go for some mixups... umm netime he does random drilll w/ no frc obviously u need to iad and Kill him plz... fish for counterhit j.s or iad s, running 2s, and running hs if u think hez taking t0 teh air.. its super high reward in ur fav0r vs his air moves... his sj.d is teh only real move that can beat anything air2air and its only when ur above him... like most matchupz aba can antiair his jumpins free w/ her normals.. 2s is ur best option Especially in gimpy mode, hell if he delays a jumpin w/ flight, u can recover and 2s again lulz... ooo against his throw setupz stand and mash 5p plz...

You have some decent options at the start of the round. If he summons little Eddie right away, rekkas will kill it and keep you safe. From there, it shouldn't be hard to create breathing room and bloodpack. Once you train him not to do this, then you can just IAD backward and bloodpack at the start. It's not an extremely hard fight in Moroha (Testament is worse hands down, IMO), but getting there is the key. Reeeeaaaaaally wanna fight more Eddies now seeing as there were literally none at SER.

Managed to fight Teyah's eddie a lot this weekend. Man this match is fun (in a masochistic sort of way). Is there any way to get past eddie's j.K while I'm in the air or should i just block it? That move seems to beat out all my air normals and he tends to kick me before my orbs come out. It's like a freaking wall.

It depends on the angle and timing, but j.S / j.H / j.D can do fine against j.K. j.K is a faster move and can knock you out of those options. I bet j.D is probably the best option, but j.H yields better rewards.

Kinda hurts when u have to fight Latif in the first round....... but anywho..... Moroha, how to get past a rushdown eddie with a whole bunch of mixups? I cant seem to key on that important moment to either get a free keystab or bloodpack

Orbs are a great defence. Baiting the FB to FRC then IAD behind him to punish, Also is good to stuff little eddies ]S[ but you might get hit if too you're close. Also common knowledge, but SB the last hit of his FB drill and I think IB little eddies ]K[ hits in his shadow loop pressure and you can throw?

Orbs are a great defence. Baiting the FB to FRC then IAD behind him to punish, Also is good to stuff little eddies ]S[ but you might get hit if too you're close. Also common knowledge, but SB the last hit of his FB drill and I think IB little eddies ]K[ hits in his shadow loop pressure and you can throw?

well its been a little more over three months since that match so my knowledge for eddie as quickly grown. I haven't tried SBing the last hit of the drill but i'll try it. And if im quick enough, i can throw before the opponent throws out their command throw that leads to that puddle shit..

Haha hey Juan, Yeah SB'ing the last hit (or hits) of eddies FB drill and Ky's oki are something you can practice in traning mode. There both 3 hits so it should be like learning an FRC. The timing dosent change and it leaves you at +frames, and for the IB it depends on what string he does and how close he is but what I've noticed instead of throwing for eddies command throw you should jump, but remember he can always anticipate it and not throw but thats the whole mix up gussing game thing. If you do get cought in the command and the puddles set for wake up try revesaling DP, OR FBDP, Im not sure if the slides work. I think maybe the FB might since full body. But this is basic for any character agenst eddie. I think most part to worry about is getting rid of little eddie without eating knockdowns. Another thing to watch for is if your thinking unblock with little eddie near, it will hit little eddie and wiff big leaving you for some pain. Also blood ball works wonders in this match.

Haha hey Juan, Yeah SB'ing the last hit (or hits) of eddies FB drill and Ky's oki are something you can practice in traning mode. There both 3 hits so it should be like learning an FRC. The timing dosent change and it leaves you at +frames, and for the IB it depends on what string he does and how close he is but what I've noticed instead of throwing for eddies command throw you should jump, but remember he can always anticipate it and not throw but thats the whole mix up gussing game thing. If you do get cought in the command and the puddles set for wake up try revesaling DP, OR FBDP, Im not sure if the slides work. I think maybe the FB might since full body. But this is basic for any character agenst eddie.

I think most part to worry about is getting rid of little eddie without eating knockdowns. Another thing to watch for is if your thinking unblock with little eddie near, it will hit little eddie and wiff big leaving you for some pain. Also blood ball works wonders in this match.

Oh yea, i throw out Blood ball out alot in Normal, but not in Moroha :vbang: I find her 5H to be great in most matchups since is lingers so damn far! That leads to a whole bunch of damage which leaves my opponents crying lmao