Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jourdal

[P4A] Mitsuru VS Yukiko Amagi

well, try using instant air dash and 5ac to dodge fans and persona moves. j.d may work if you dash over 5b fans. once you get in, dont be to rushy, or her dp can reset the momentum. cant say anything else more than be patient. oh, and her 2a pass low your 5a, so watch out for that too

This reminds me of Ryu vs Dhalsim in SF... Just block and know when to push forward. If you just keep dashing and jumping carelessly you WILL get blown up. Try timing your air dashes after you block the wave of bullshit she throws at you.

Once you get in 5a range, just bully her with it and your B attacks to keep her from using lows that go under your A.

This match is in Mitsu's favor, only reason Yukiko can pull out a win is if you get inpatient and start running into shit

Teddie, on the other hand....

first off, hey DL crew... I'm new to the scene for this game but i did have my 2 cents about this match up. As we know her Sweep avoids mids, but it's also pretty good for getting past some ground to ground projectiles like Yukiko's 5Bs. Less recovery than 5AC and the second fan wiffs because of crouching. If she doesn't throw the second fan... you then have more time to make your move.

first off, hey DL crew... I'm new to the scene for this game but i did have my 2 cents about this match up. As we know her Sweep avoids mids, but it's also pretty good for getting past some ground to ground projectiles like Yukiko's 5Bs. Less recovery than 5AC and the second fan wiffs because of crouching. If she doesn't throw the second fan... you then have more time to make your move.

I'm going to try that... it sounds like stellar advice. For some reason I didn't even think about trying that. Just be wary of her jumping and throwing out fans, though.

yeah, actualy 2ab go under 5b fans, if you time it right and faint it, you can get near for free. you can poke her persona pretty easily and once you get in, just gotta get some distance, getting out of her dp range, and its pretty much gg. oh, and also, if you are playing a competent yukiko, and you get a 5b fatal, its kinda of recomendable to faint the sweep and block, they usualy burst after a 5b fatal in the corner. from that you can go for a sweep fatal or a 2b counter. oh and watch out her 2a that goes under your 5a, so watch out for this and punish with 5b if you can.

The 2AB thing really doesn't work well. There's always something on the screen to hurt you.

On a side note, how the fuck do I deal with the unblockables? I'm losing matches over this shit. I thought generally superjump > DP is the way to avoid them, and it's worked offline before, but I'm not sure if netplay is just fucking me or if there's a better method...

If they commit to the unblockable, you can just DP before the persona puts you into blockstun and while she's dashing in. If you have the opportunity, you can also just chicken block, but smarter setups try to circumvent that from happening.

I'm sure Mitsuru has other answers too, if you have 100 meter, I'm sure you could Bufudyne-OMC or something similar.

There is no chicken blocking in P4A due to the whole 8 frames of not being able to block when jumping (3 before leaving the ground, first 5 in the air).

How you deal with Yukiko's setups depends on which UB you're dealing with.

Fire Break + Maragi: Reversal on wakeup and pray it isn't read, or don't tech at all and take the extra damage. Just delaying your tech doesn't work since Yukiko can and should be popping the wave manually, so you'll still get tagged by the pillar after your tech. There is no jumping out of this one or anything since the Maragi should be meaty when properly executed. If this is done in the corner off Agidyne (with an Agi in place to tag your wakeup), you might be able to reversal on wakeup and tag the end of the Maragi recovery; I haven't tested this though, so take it with a grain of salt.

Fire Break + SB Agi: As this one can be held all day and the flames can be released so that Yukiko has enough time to not commit until you've been hit (allowing her to block/avoid and punish reversals), you're probably boned. Bufudyne > OMC can work if Yukiko's in range to be hit right after your tech, but that isn't always the case.

2D+2A: Tricky. Reversal on wakeup can work if she's in range, but Yukiko shouldn't be getting hit here since she's waiting for 2D to come down. Whether or not you can reversal just before the unblockable hits depends on when Yukiko releases the Agi that should've been sitting on your face. Ideally, the pop is timed so that it pins you down so you're forced to eat 2D+2A; in these situations, you have a small window before the Agi will be released where you can try to jump/dodge/whatever to escape. Jumping will likely get tagged by the Agi; best case, you only take a bit of damage and escape; worst case, Yukiko picks up off it and you get sent back into the setup. Dodges can be punished, and Yukiko should be able to block any reversals. If the Agi is popped early to stop wakeup escape attempts, the same escape methods can be tried to get out just before 2D hits, but can all still be punished. This unblockable generally doesn't lead to too much damage (especially if 2A opens you up) compared to the respective 4k+ and 3k+ the aforementioned setups dish out, so it's not outside of the realm of possibility for Yukiko to bait an escape attempt and punish for potentially bigger damage than she would've gotten otherwise. Just something to keep in mind.

Fire Break + Maragidyne: If you're close to her anytime a Maragidyne goes off, you can punish with Bufydyne, DP, or throw right after the super flash. If you're not close, then you can usually jump or dodge it, though there are setups where there's an Agi in place to pin you down or it's timed so that the flames catch you on wakeup and you're forced to eat the super or risk getting punished for escaping it via reversal.

You forgot Agidyne. I haven't found a good response to that one.

On the subject of Maragidyne, if I'm far enough away and can react with a jump, I've found that I can jump high enough, and DP to go through the tip of the fire (since it is pretty high...) and this has worked offline. Online I get tagged with it all the time.

So if it looks like DP won't work for 2D+2A and the player has timed it correctly, the best choice is to eat the 2A? I'll keep that in mind.

2A+2D with 2A opening you up doesn't break 2k without a super at the end. Sweep+2D (forgot about this) can lead to 3k+ midscreen if the persona drops behind you. You don't have to worry about noteworthy damage off a low in the corner, but be careful everywhere else.

You forgot Agidyne. I haven't found a good response to that one.

On the subject of Maragidyne, if I'm far enough away and can react with a jump, I've found that I can jump high enough, and DP to go through the tip of the fire (since it is pretty high...) and this has worked offline. Online I get tagged with it all the time.

So if it looks like DP won't work for 2D+2A and the player has timed it correctly, the best choice is to eat the 2A? I'll keep that in mind.

if they do 2d+2a in pressure with no agi, chicken block