Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Setsuna

[P4A] Labrys vs Aigis

Labrys_Vs_Aigis_Header.png

Please use this thread to discuss and contribute to this matchup. Information will be added to the main post as information comes. Keep in mind that strats will be changed as the game evolves.

The Neutral Game

Long Range: Your Tools vs His Tools

Medium Range: Your Tools vs His Tools

Close Quarters: Your Tools vs His Tools

Offense

Your Offense:

His Offense:

Defense

Your Defense:

His Defense:

Gimmicks and Resets
-

Match Summary
-

Almost a year without a single post. Does this mean this matchup just leaves us utterly boned? The opposite? Or is it just too damn balance of a matchup?

Well, I'm guessing this is just another case of patience and finding an opening.

Well, I'm guessing this is just another case of patience and finding an opening.

Basically. It's a bad matchup for Labrys, and a lot of it comes down to making good reads and blocking effectively.

Mind you, I'm not actively playing this game now, so I don't really know if there's been any new discoveries in terms of anti-Aigis play, but I'm pretty sure it's largely the same as it was before.

Almost a year without a single post. Does this mean this matchup just leaves us utterly boned? The opposite? Or is it just too damn balance of a matchup?

If theyre like me they might not feel comfortable giving advice in a matchup thats difficult for them, even now I haven't fought alot of Aigis players only the same one at local events every other month and a few at FR and thats it so I wouldn't feel right trying to give people advice with such low exp. It boils down to can you block Aigis's Origia mixups (constant high/lows) in a nutshell.

I know it may only be low experience, but any info is good until a better understanding surfaces. But I also understand the points here. I just haven't seen any info on the MU whatsoever so other than Origia being Origia.

Sounds like Origia = Death.

I guess I could talk about this from an Aigis player's perspective. Funnily enough, I've actually played a semi-local Aigis player w/my pocket Labrys a few times so I've actually experienced this match from both ends. Feel free to correct/ignore my scrubby ramblings.

At the start of the match, Aigis will be looking for the right time to go into Orgia while making sure that Labrys doesn't get in. During Orgia-less neutral, expect to see a lot of 2B from Aigis. If Lab reads a 2B, she can roll past it and punish Aigis, who's stuck in 2B's awful recovery. If Aigis tries to airdash towards you, hit them with your own 2B and go into guillotine axe knockdown and try to get your offense going. Needles may or may not be helpful in neutral (I haven't played with this enough yet).

If you're fighting an Aigis player to likes to utilise Orgia as an approach, the neutral game changes dramatically at this point; it's clear that Aigis is now looking to start her offense ASAP and as such, Labrys will have to play somewhat defensively to keep Aigis from achieving her objective. If Aigis is foolish enough to try to fly at Labrys from full-screen, hit them with 2B and start playing your game from there. One very important thing to note is that if Aigis is in Orgia, stay out of mid range. From that range, Aigis can use 2B to cover her approach and if you get touched by 2B, Aigis can and will get in for free. You can try to yomi roll the mid-range 2B if you really want to but if you make a bad guess, she can pretty much end the round at that point given that she has enough meter so I'd just advise you to stay out of that range period.

Once her Orgia meter starts to approach lower values during neutral, this is a good time to try to get in on her; Aigis will probably try to find a way to safely switch back to normal mode and save her Orgia meter. If Labrys is enough of a pest, Aigis may not be able to make a safe change and lose her Orgia meter for a while or opt for a desperation DP change back to normal (I'll bring this up again in a bit). Don't worry too much about making mistakes while trying to get in on her as the risk-reward ratio is in your favour at this point; if Aigis gets a hit, she won't have enough Orgia meter to do anything damaging.

If you get an offense going and Aigis is out of Orgia mode, I don't really have much to say. In Orgia mode, j.B is pretty good at catching Orgia backdash. If Aigis is in Orgia and it's running low, a lot of Aigis players will opt for a desperation DP to get you off them while using it as a way to transition back into normal mode. Make sure to watch out for DPs if her meter is low.

Remember: the round's not over until it's over. Aigis is very good at stealing games and if you're not vigilant during the whole match, this could very well happen! It's a hard match for Lab but she does have a fighting chance in this matchup. With careful play, you can turn this chance into a certainty.

Spam the fuck out of jD when aigis enters orgia mode outside of a knockdown setup or combo. It completely limits her air approach. jB is pretty strong too but you'll have to block 2B. Just run away and zone as hard as freaking possible when she's in orgia mode, the last thing you want is to get forced into a situation where you have to block her autopilot overpowered mix-up. It's why the match-up is disadvantaged for Labrys.

I had some notes posted for this MU but I removed them.

I wanna dig deeper into each MU and go over blockstrings that can be roll/backdashed/punished since that part of Labrys' MUs never get discussed anywhere.

All I can add for this MU is listing a few Orgia Mode blockstrings from Aigis that can be rolled through.

j.B > orgia dash j.B can be rolled through.

j.B > Sweep can be rolled through.

2A stagger pressure loses to grabs if they reset it.

If Aigis changes modes with her 22A in a blockstring that ended with 2B,

you can IB her 2B and punish it if you are within 5A range.

Aigis doesn’t necessarily have to be in Orgia Mode for damage since she can change modes mid-combo (e.g. 5AA>22B>jC>… for 1-3k).

Labrys’ 5C is a good poke but doesn't get you directly in front of Aigis.

Aigis’ Heavenly Spear awakening super loses to cross-ups on wake-up but is safe on block.

Preemptive j.B can beat out Aigis’ 2B & j.C.

Megido can be punished with a grab if you IB the last hit.

She's still slightly negative if you don't IB Megido I believe.

Labrys’ 2B beats out Aigis j.C & j.B.

Aigis’ Megido beats out Labrys’ 2B though.

Megido is a common OMC point during a blockstring.

Aigis’ 2B loses to roll, Labrys’ EX Chain Knuckle & a preemptive j.B.

Labrys can beat out Aigis’ 236A/B with EX Chain Knuckle.

A lot of Aigis’ combos during Orgia Mode end with safe jumps and/or solid oki.

Aigis can do 3-5k easy with 25 SP during Orgia. Avoid her sweep.

Aigis’ mixup is really strong during Orgia Mode so space her when you feel Orgia mode is too much to handle.

j.D/5C/2C does this job well.

Building your own momentum throughout the match is crucial.

Aigis loses Orgia mode meter when it’s active even while blocking and getting hit.

The entire MU in general is momentum based.

Both characters have really high damage and can steal games from each other.

She's still slightly negative if you don't IB megido I believe.

She is, but most will DP if you try to punish, so watch for that.

And if you see her use that missile move too far away for you to punish, jump when the missiles come out. Most Aegis players will charge in even though you're chicken-blocking, so you won't have to worry about mix-up while they use up their Orgia meter. That move isn't used often, but it's something to keep in mind.