Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amadeous

[P4A] Chie Satonaka Vs. Kanji Tatsumi

This thread is for discussion of the Matchup against Kanji Tatsumi. Please post any relevant information here. The OP will be updated regularly with any information posted in the thread that could aide the summary of the matchup.

Matchup Ranking:

Your Plan:

Their Plan:

Openers:

Punishes:

Neutral Game:

Character Specific Notes:

Keep 236A/B/AB as an option for when you are paralyzed.

J2D is an extremely potent pressure/oki option against Kanji.

5C and JC are extremely useful for baiting his DP.

JD in general is very useful for controlling space against Kanji as well.

Play the neutral ground game and fish for counter-hit 5C > Dash confirms. Kanji's normals are sloooooooooow. He has no far-reaching normals that have any reasonable startup or recovery. This mean the footsie game is decidedly in Chie's favour as you can punish Kanji's 2B and 5C on reaction with 5C if you space yourself correctly (Or stuff it his pokes out of startup). If you can watch out for his gimmicks and hail-mary's you should be able to get a lot of mileage in this way.

I got all this from getting bopped by who I can only assume was MarlinPie on XBL a few afternoons ago. This was pretty much all he needed to do, since his oki was so solid after that one CH 5C > 66 > 2A confirm. Kanji's options versus your oki isn't as good as you'd think, since if he R-Actions your Persona instead of Chie, you get a free punish. Always lead with your Persona on his wakeup, and when you do, keep out of the R-action hitbox during Kanji's initial reversal window. If he mashes B+D, you win. If you don't have enough advantage for it, go back to the neutral game.

Also, you can also AoA through his DP, provided you time it right, I think. Not sure if you're left at any kind of frame-advantage. Test it out in training mode.

Edit: I hadn't even seen this and it's pretty much identical to what I was saying.

Play patient and play safe. This matchup is definitely Chie favor, at least 6:4.

As Magz mentions you can use the 236 series for movement while electrocuted, but be careful doing this, since it wouldn't be hard for him to just B+D you again on reaction. Poke with C series a lot. Hit him out of the air with 2b. Be sure to crouch his leaping grab if he throws it out. Use your superior ground movement to stay away from the lightning bolt area. Don't screw up your okizeme and get blown up by his B+D. Learn OMB combos to finish him off before he can awaken.

I have not tested against the ENTIRE ROSTER, but...

Currently, Chie can utilize back turn J.B against croutching Kanji's and can hit with it. The timing is strict so is the amount of distance she has to be in the air for it.

In theory, this would strengthen her high low okizeme with Tomoe pressure for corner situations. ( I guess if one worked on it, it could be implemented mid-screen? )Other than that? I am pretty much in agreement with what ZomB said