Sign in to follow this  
koogy

[AC] Video Discussion Thread

You all haven't noticed the steady decline in GG vids for the past year? If you ask me, we aren't missing much anyways. AC vids haven't been as exciting to watch, like previous GG's. Something's changed in AC, can't quite say what it is. We don't get that ST-like tug-of-war in momentum, like we use to. It's all just a bunch of landslides now. Or maybe there's too many Slayer/Jam/May vids. shrug

You all haven't noticed the steady decline in GG vids for the past year? If you ask me, we aren't missing much anyways. AC vids haven't been as exciting to watch, like previous GG's. Something's changed in AC, can't quite say what it is. We don't get that ST-like tug-of-war in momentum, like we use to. It's all just a bunch of landslides now. Or maybe there's too many Slayer/Jam/May vids. shrug

I disagree heavily. I say we're missing alot, I find AC matches just as exciting to watch, if not more exciting than previous GG's; this years SBO was probably had the best GG performance I've seen out of all past SBO's and GG majors.

And there weren't much Jam vids this year, though there was alot of Jam at SBO. I dunno, I've watched practically every GGAC vid that's come out since the games release, and it only got better from then on. Of course I followed #R and Slash too, but the thing is, every one of these three games is equally good imo. There are things I prefer about AC, things I prefer about Slash and things I prefer about #R...but one thing I know is that AC is being disliked for all the wrong reasons, if the reasons are valid at all.

And the initial decline of vids was because of SBO, but now that BB is out, it's stolen alot of thunder...though I expect those players to come running back to GG ;) I mean, BlazBlue is an amazing game and all, best next-gen fighter imo...but it sure as hell ain't no GG :eng101:

Bucklemyshoe: There are lot's of Dizzy vids, ABC ranking battles were guaranteed Dizzy goodness and there were always quite a few Dizzy vids around constantly.

g ojisan was ogawa, yes.

but another side note.

las vegas eddie = gibson

las vegas i-no = yossan

evo reference?

please post in the video discussion thread next time onegaishimasu

there is also an arcade in shinjuku called G-PORT Las Vegas (the one by komageki), so that could be an alternate reference... if gibson and yossan play there, that is. but idk about that.

I've been playing at Las Vegas for 4 months or so, but I don't recall seeing Gibson or Yossan much, not that I would recognize them anyways. I just don't see many i-no or eddie with the same style.

@ buckle: be careful about putting SBO / tougeki / togeki in your vid description or tags, a year ago enterbrain made youtube remove my tougeki damashii rips (exclusive ogawa, nemo matches etc.)

DC vs N.O in the new a-cho vids was tight!! he didn't do the whole "make it rain" with the coins thing. He should try that more often cause dogura whipped that ass when he did that shit.

DC vs N.O in the new a-cho vids was tight!!

he didn't do the whole "make it rain" with the coins thing. He should try that more often cause dogura whipped that ass when he did that shit.

Tell me about it! I almost had to do a double take; that the JO was actually DC and the VE was N-O. Both were not playing in their signature styles at all; which is probably why DC won. You said it best; his usual playstyle ended up working against him vs Dougura (who didn't even seem to break a sweat) but against N-O he was much more cautious. Understandable because, well, it's N-Otoko. It was very great to see DC adapting to his matchup and not relying on his coinspam so much.

The I-no player from that batch of Gamechariot vids cannot be Inoue, because you can't enter the same tournament twice, let alone with two different characters. If it was a casual, it'd make sense but it is a vid up displaying Shiai 2 (battle 2) so I'm guessing it's legit, from within the tourney. BTW I live in tokorozawa and play i-no too, but alas it is not me :(

I've always been under the impression that Inoue the Order-Sol player and Inoue the I-No player were two different people. Of course, my conclusion about that vid was based simply on play style and color, so I could be wrong.

You should be referring to Arisaka, but I don't think he can play Robo Ky in AC as well as Dogura can.

Sign in to follow this