Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chazmobile

[P4A] Yosuke vs Yu

Might as well put something here to start, since I'm sure nobody has ever fought a Narukami ever since the beginning of time.

I'd stay above or below him much as you can, this fight is all about avoiding being at level with him and staying out of his reach when at level, at least that how it usually ends up for me that is. Its also not that bad to keep him in the air, just mind the air reversal.

Though the reversal may sometimes clip you on a cross-up, its not that bad since he'll get a small bit of damage and unless its put you in corner, he gets minimal to no advantage whatsoever from it.

Oh, and J.C a LOT.

Since, you know, Jiyuna loves that move SO much. :3

Might as well put something here to start, since I'm sure nobody has ever fought a Narukami ever since the beginning of time.

I'd stay above or below him much as you can, this fight is all about avoiding being at level with him and staying out of his reach when at level, at least that how it usually ends up for me that is. Its also not that bad to keep him in the air, just mind the air reversal.

Though the reversal may sometimes clip you on a cross-up, its not that bad since he'll get a small bit of damage and unless its put you in corner, he gets minimal to no advantage whatsoever from it.

Oh, and J.C a LOT.

Since, you know, Jiyuna loves that move SO much. :3

I don't hink j.C is a good idea, is slow and he can punish it easily with his j.B.

Okay...maybe I'll just put a big JUS KIDDING GAIZ LOL instead of being somewhat subtle next time.

MY BAD.

Well then...

You definitely want to bait his 2b as much as possible, and you have to watch out for his other long range moves like 5b and j.b. These are his whole game plan, lol.

Baiting DP is essential and nets huge reward. The ziodyne cancel is not as annoying as Mitsuru's but he does have the option, generally you can roll through it's startup and still get a full punish + they just lost 50 meter.

Whenever you see raging lion overhead, you can DP it. If not then IB it for frame advantage. A version is -2 and B version is +3, SB is +1. Don't get hit by these by the corner, it's a huge damage starter.

When locked down in side to side 5d oki, mash from 1 to 3 and you'll start IBing a bunch of the hits. Can also try watching + reacting but good luck/have fun with that. Watch out for raging lion/AoA though.

Swift Strike aka ziocar and Raging Lion = scrubbiest mixup ever... Whenever you're at a distance just block low and punish ziocar for god's sake. We don't have to worry about it as much because we can spend a lot of time in the air here. Just keep an eye out and be ready to DP those lions. You can also DP the car if you must, but you might as well just block it and 2a.

You can roll through Zio... or you can just glide over it :v:

That's all I've got for now.

-Try to stay out of 5B's range as you all know that's his best poke. Most would throw this out and if you happen to get hit; he can confirm into that scrubby slide move or go for a reset with raging lion.

Hitbox information.

http://www.dustloop.com/guides/p4arena/hitbox/Narukami/bc203_06.png

- 2B is also another normal you have to respect. This normal alone blows up alot of our air options especially j.C. If you are trying to bait this normal in the air, you're going to havr to somehow get behind him.

- j.b range is annoying also. Don't challenge it air to air and stay out of It's range. AA him if he approaches with IAD J.B.

I think in this matchup, meter management is very important. At least have 50 meter or more when you are on the defensive. Save your meter for guard cancels. Also if you can, save your burst. Only burst in high damaging situations, such as getting hit with B raging lion.

well timed moonsault rapes 2b, your 2b rapes all of his sword dives, daggers can keep him out and make him think twice about shooting fireballs. glide backwards jd jump will bait random thunder car slides.

theres no real reason for you to lose unless you somehow get caught

one knockdown is all narukami needs for the match to go his way. Most yu's will control their space with Jb and 2b yosuke can bait 2b with moonsault but moonsault can be blocked or air grabbed.

i have 1 tip, yosuke spring dash completely beats swift strike, even EX, its beautiful. can somebody tell me an pick up combo with yosuke after DP a Lion ?

i have 1 tip, yosuke spring dash completely beats swift strike, even EX, its beautiful. can somebody tell me an pick up combo with yosuke after DP a Lion ?

just 2a when narukami falls. but the timing is tight & i think it's just better to go for ground oki instead

I guess I could input that this matchup doesn't really seem as scary as it should, mainly because of Yosuke's mobility making a mockery of Yu's normals and shit. When Yu actually does get the sweep, they'll usually go for a few of the options below:

Empty jump 2A

JA or JB

Empty jump overheads

Roll overs and shit

and I think he can fuzzy, but I'm not sure.

Since Yosuke's 5D acts as a poor man's Yu 5D, we could learn a bit of his mixups and apply that to our own, if we settle for sweeps and stuff. Mostly what we SHOULD do is just run around and punish any normal that he commits to, thinking it is safe against us. Other than that, Sukukaja always seems like an option, keeping the pressure on Yu and making him use his DP for HIGH PUNISH. Another thing to note is that Yu needs to use resources to actually get any damage in, barring fatals. The most he can do is to wear us down with dem sweeps.... dem sweepy sweeps.... fuck those sweeps...

Also, be weary of his Raging Lions and dem Izanagi Cars, because that can catch you off guard. You can easily beat them with a DP, but you can also beat a raging lion with a 5A or 2B anti-air, and you can counter the Izanagi-mobile with dash spring, or you can block and dash 5A for a confirmed punish. Who doesn't love free damage, amirite? Am I right?

IN CONCLUSION: Yu has to space us out, which is alot harder than it should be because we can glide, moonsault, scary mixups, JD, and all that. All we have to do is just hang around or play extremely aggressively, minding his DP and his Bs that are the equivalent of Ragna's 5B. (Once again, BlazBlue comparison) All in all, we easily got this match in the bag until Yu gets a confirm in, and even then, his mixup is relatively easy to block... until he gets fuzzy... Fuzzy Lumpkins....

My overall assessment or whatever bullshit people do these days... I think... maybe: 5.5-4.5 to 6-4 Yosuke. Yu really needs to actively try to punish us or try to anti air us, and that is hard when all we do is glide and shit... and thats all I got to say... if anyone else has anything they need to add, go ahead and correct me if needed.

I AM the Yosuke

:ballYO:

IMO this matchup is pretty free. Like others have said, Yu can't really keep us from moving around and doing whatever we want. That being said, I think avoiding the use of DP is crucial. If you get baited once, you can lose half health and that is shitty. Yu has to commit to 2B for anti air and that has alot of recovery on whiff. I have punished it from almost full screen before. So yeah, just don't get CH and this should be a breeze.

IMO this matchup is pretty free. Like others have said, Yu can't really keep us from moving around and doing whatever we want. That being said, I think avoiding the use of DP is crucial. If you get baited once, you can lose half health and that is shitty. Yu has to commit to 2B for anti air and that has alot of recovery on whiff. I have punished it from almost full screen before. So yeah, just don't get CH and this should be a breeze.

Don't get counter hitted OR sweeped. Sweep is still pretty dangerous, no matter what happens.

all yosuke's MU's boil down to stopping his movement & locking him down, so yea, it's open season for us until that happens.

but still...don't get hit