Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chazmobile

[P4A] Yosuke vs Yukiko

Okay, I'm gonna go ahead and break the silence here. Yukiko player here, is there anything that she has that Yosuke has to respect?

Now, I haven't really fought any truly good Yukikos, but Maragi does absolutely nothing against Yosuke. I can't really think of anything that Yosuke -has- to respect from her, not even Maragidyne > Firebreak > You dead, bud cause he can break out before it happens.

Yosuke is a disrespectful char in general lol, there aren't many things he can't handle in neutral. However, a Yukiko player can still run her pressure game on him, so just get that one hit and make it count. He's got even less life than she does.

some tips:

236AB beats half of her things, but mashing this will lead you to 5C/5D FC.

you can catch unblockable, but in some cases they can block it and punish you. Same goes for agi oki.

AoA<Yukiko dp, it leaves you at disadventage or you can be punished depending on timings, though you can RC and punish.

IBing her blockstrings gives you shitloads of heat.

Maragi stops Yosukes air approaching.

her dp have vertical hitbox, you pretty safe when using 2C/5C, but it can beat your moonsalts.

j.C beats most of yukiko AA.

Another problem I'm running into is his Furious Action "Dodge". As I said in the Yukiko forums, this is the counter Hakumen wishes he had. How long does this stupid thing last? You can probably spam it and probably do okay. I don't even have this much trouble with Naoto's counters.

Another problem I'm running into is his Furious Action "Dodge". As I said in the Yukiko forums, this is the counter Hakumen wishes he had. How long does this stupid thing last? You can probably spam it and probably do okay. I don't even have this much trouble with Naoto's counters.

It's active for a deceptively long time, but the thing about it is it can be baited and punished by a number of ranged moves, and a number of rising attacks. It also doesn't lead into damage for Yosuke except in very specific circumstances (unlike, say, Yu, Mitsuru, or Teddie), as well as taking a respectable amount of blue life from a low health character. Yosuke players who spam his FA do much more damage to themselves than they do to their opponents if they use it consecutively.

please somebody enlight me, what can i do when i got conered by yukiko ? she can literally spam and spam 5C>2C>agi A

if :

1- Dodge = my FA dont destroy the persona and i get a free fatal counter

2- jump/super jump = thanks to this bullshit anti chicken block system, i get hit by 5C

3- try to destroy the persona with 5A/2A = the 5C>2C is block string and when she uses agi A, the persona float a little back, making impossiable to my 5A hit.

4- Evade = i eat a FC 5C leading to a beautiful combo

the only thing that i can do is try to mash a garudyne and try to handle the aftercoming or i can try to jump and super fast use J2D.

theres something that i m missing against this matchup when she coner us ?

garudyne can get you out but you can also do the blowback with is a safer option for the same amount of meter. most of the time if they do 5c, 2c, agi they will hold it which is also your moment to roll, or super jump glide out of the corner. When they do fire break insto maragi on your wake up you can dp to avoid it (well atleast that is the only option I've used when I was put in that situation).