Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ludwig van

[P4A] Naoto vs. Teddie

I'm having alot of trouble landing my basic SMP loop vs teddie. I know for throws you have to use a different one for him, is there a different general combo as well? Currently I do

5AA 5B 2C 214C 214D 236AB~D 2[C] 2B 5C SMP loop

I can pull this off like a charm versus everyone else but have trouble even doing it once vs teddie. What should I be doing instead?

Why not just do 5AA > 5B > 2C > Mudoon > 214D > sweep > 236A~D > 2[C] > 5C > loop x10? Pretty sure it works on Teddie.

Btw, this matchup is gay, pretty sure it's in Teddie's favor.

-5B is completely safe, shuts down all of Naoto's pokes, and leads to dumb damage on CH/corner.

-jA is hard to challenge; sometimes jB and airthrow will work but there is a reason every Teddie "just does" this move

-Fucking EX Teddievision instantly shuts down zoning as soon as Teddie gets 25 meter. The TVs pop up wherever you are, become active all the way up to superjump height before falling back down, and the teleport followup is really fast (although it can be punished).

Zoning Teddie is hard, but just bum rushing him isn't very smart. Have to be very patient and mobile. Teddie's mixup isn't that stellar (jA is not an overhead) but he can stay on you for a while and his dumb setups with status effects are problematic. If anyone has any dirt on this matchup please share because I feel like Teddie can just totally disrespect Naoto.

Hmm i'll try that, I have alot of trouble connection the sweep after the drop from mudoon, but maybe I can exchange the sweep for a 2B after the 2[C]. I'll experiment more today.

Yeah I have a lot of problems with j.A as well, it eats up every trap on the screen for free it seems.

C traps at top of jump height sometimes work. It does seem that he can jump in for free; choosing to hit j.A or J.D mixes up his timing enough that F.Action doesn't work well at all. I usually end up just rolling out of j.A pressure. His 5AA has such huge range too.

A few questions about this matchup:

1) What is Naoto doing here: http://youtu.be/hMOmuglI0vU?t=31s and does it shut down EX Teddievision?

2) What is the best way to avoid his awakening super?

3) Does 2A+B crouch under the bat?

4) What do you think of using Silence to remove the threat of Teddievision? I was trying it today in Kanazawa and it seemed to give Naoto way more control over the pace of the match, frustrating the hell out of Teddie.

1) canceling 214a gunshots at random times and dashing up. It doesnt shut down SP TV but it makes it harder for teddie to just throw it out since hes staggering and mixing up his shots.

2) jump over it. Drop mines if you need more time in the air.

3) no

4) Silence is always a good option.

Sweep actually can go under 5B. But you also have to worry about if the Teddie will do 5C or Teddiescrew instead if they catch on to your sweep usage.

I had pretty good luck throwing out properly spaced sweeps last week. The bat is just too tempting at that distance. Make him respect the sweep and the match changes a bit.