Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MashThat5A

[P4A] Yu Narukami vs Chie Satonaka

General

Start of the Match

Neutral

Fullscreen

She can't do anything from here, so she's going to try and move in. You can harass with fireballs.

Midscreen

Poke at her with 5B. Punish her Persona if she tries to space with it.

Close Range

You don't want to be here. This is where Chie is at her strongest.

Positioning

Air | Air

Air | Ground

Ground | Air

She can't really do anything about 2B.

Ground | Ground

2A can low profile 5B at close ranges.

Dealing with her R-Action

2AB>5D>9>4>j.B will make her R-Action whiff.

Block punishes vs Chie:

A+B

- (dash) 5C

Dragon Kick

- ground punish, 5B

- air punish, CH 2B

Note: In crouch state during recovery, takes CH on the way down on C and D versions.

God's Fist

- dash CH 5B

- (during flash) A+C > CH 214A/FC 2C

- (during flash) Ziodyne/Cross Slash (clashes at certain ranges)

Note: Hits overhead.

METEORS

- (during flash) Ziodyne/Cross Slash

- (immediately after flash) 2B(1) jB(2) jB+D (must be done at point blank range)

Gigantic Punt

- CH 214A

- FC 2C

- (during flash) Myriad Truths

I'll edit this if this if something's wrong or needs to be added.

Chie's 2A is a big problem for Narukami. His best answers are 2B and jump over, as 5B gets low profiled and loses and 2A and 5A have inferior range, while 5C is rather slow and Izanagi often gets hit out of it, causing you to lose a Persona Card. Watch out for it cause it drastically changes how Narukami's midrange game works.

2A low profiles 5A too.

Also, interesting thing happened to me during my matches today against a Chie.

whenever I did the 5D oki, I found a lot of times, if I immediately did sword dive A, and she had chosen to do her R-Action (and it counter Izanagi), I could land, recover, and block before her move went active.

Anyone wanna test this for me and see if it's legit? Because it's basically a free safe jump/overhead set-up if it turns out to be legit.

Just made an account here after lurking for a bit so this'll be my first post here WOOT! I'm not great but I hope I can at least provide some type of help!

Anyway, Chie's anti-airs seem good and she can actually get quite alot of meterless damage off of simple 2Bs. Her 2A seems really good aswell which gives Yu a lot of trouble up close. This match up looks to be a big poke fest with ALOT of 5B,2B, and 5C>236C for Narukami. Then again most matchups seem like this lol.

Also,I'm not 100%, but I'm pretty sure Chie's awakening super can actually punish Zio from full screen.

whenever I did the 5D oki, I found a lot of times, if I immediately did sword dive A, and she had chosen to do her R-Action (and it counter Izanagi), I could land, recover, and block before her move went active.

Anyone wanna test this for me and see if it's legit? Because it's basically a free safe jump/overhead set-up if it turns out to be legit.

Yeah that works, doing a deep j.B has the same effect.

Also,I'm not 100%, but I'm pretty sure Chie's awakening super can actually punish Zio from full screen.

If you mean Ziodyne, then yeah its a free Meteors on block, she even has time to run up and hit you.

I'm adding 5C (DC) and 5B (DC) punishes, if you instant block them its a free 5A, but the timing is pretty tight. Either way 5A is the best choice here so you can stop her offense. They're also negative on normal block so you can 5A somewhat safely on normal block as well.

Also this is pretty important, if Chie does 2AB > 5DD for oki, Narukami can reversal 5A the persona safely (like many other characters) if you teched the sweep immediately. You can cancel the 5A into attacks or jumping. It weakens her oki midscreen.

this is wrong, you can't actually get anything guaranteed punish for IB 5B/5C DC. She can cancel the end of the dash into things.

as for the second thing this only works if they don't delay their 5D oki to make it meaty.

Does she have unblockable setups? I feel when they close from the air and immediately go for the auto combos the Skull Cracker gets me the most, the first overhead isn't too bad but the second hit being low always gets me, any tips?

Block faster...

Pretty much this.

Other things that I've noticed:

-After meteors, nearly EVERY Chie dashes up, stops, and tries to bait the DP because they think we're stupid.

-Her 2A completely ducks our 5B

-Late teching is good for a lot of situations; so try and mix up when you're going to tech whenever you get sweeped.

-Most Chie's go directly for jump cross ups right after a knockdown; since her Persona's D doesn't hit otg, you can just chill on the floor for a bit.

So this was pointed out to me from the recent Shikki vs Kaicho vids BanchouJP uploaded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bpnxv4WxSs#t=20m2s at 20:02

5D airdash slight delay jB, counter hits her out of reversal B+D > powercharge.

I went and tried it and other options she would have and made a short vid about it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emsyGGOFFdc

To me it looks like there's nothing she can do safely if you do airdash slight delay jB. However if she reversal meteors through 5D you have to block it as far as I can tell.

Yup, if you commit to the j.b before the superflash for powercharge, you get a free CH. And if she chooses to do meteors on you 5D, you can still 5DD to hit her, wasting enough time for the meteors to be ineffective. Also, 5A>j.a>j.a>dp works for an anti-agneyastra tech. I just think that's easier to do cause I've always gotten hit on the followup of 2B.

Yup, if you commit to the j.b before the superflash for powercharge, you get a free CH. And if she chooses to do meteors on you 5D, you can still 5DD to hit her, wasting enough time for the meteors to be ineffective. Also, 5A>j.a>j.a>dp works for an anti-agneyastra tech. I just think that's easier to do cause I've always gotten hit on the followup of 2B.

Ok cool didn't try doing 5DD there. I'll try that 5A combo too I could definitely see it being easier to get consistently.