Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zinac

Faust in Accent Core : General Discussion

Yeah I've already seen. Its stuff like makes Faust so appealing to me. He's so funny. I just can't believe how few Faust players there are in this country.

Gud. this is more of a "normal" super in terms of uses and he needed that as NANANANANani.... was situational and the swiming one is not reliable tho sometimes quite damaging. this also IRRC would be a good anti air and maybe waku-up move. In AC faust also apears to have several tensionless air combos. :)

does coin giving fire on hand slap refer to the scalpel pull hand slap or the FB?

wait it is the scalpel pull one but they can recover? then whats the point?

If I'm correct, the FB is always a fire slap. Does anyone ever seen the scalpel's FB?(the explosion one)

I don't remember anything like that I like the idea of the new special to make an impossible dust. Also, it could cause some nice punishment like CH 6P -> special or 5K -> special

If I'm correct, the FB is always a fire slap.

Does anyone ever seen the scalpel's FB?(the explosion one)

Tthat combo costs 75% tension. I only think the homerun move is the forcebreak, not the explosion thingy. If anything its just a new overdrive or something.

Tthat combo costs 75% tension. I only think the homerun move is the forcebreak, not the explosion thingy. If anything its just a new overdrive or something.

No, it's a FB indeed(that is used after other FB)

So it costs only 50%(the overdrive screen is because it costs 50%)

Ky and Sol have FBs like that too

No, it's a FB indeed(that is used after other FB)

So it costs only 50%(the overdrive screen is because it costs 50%)

Ky and Sol have FBs like that too

You quite correct, so in all it uses 100% Tension. If you just read the first post I list

(koko kara midokoro desu yo! "From now on, it's a promise!"), and you follow it up with (Shichousha zenin saabisuu "Service for all those who are watching").

phooey i wanted new super... so its a follow up for scalpal pull and then a follow up for that costing you 50% tension altogether.... i guess that could be usefull.

So we already know all the new stuff Faust has in this game, but I would kinda consider what has changed thats really more useful now. Since I get to play it in 2 weeks, and I'm sure theres going to be a crowd, I would like to know what to try out during my limited time. I've probally seen every Faust vid posted in the AC thread, but ofcourse I don't catch everything. Anyone else going to FRX wanting to try some stuff out? I guess I'm going to want to combo into sweep now to get B&B, instead of pogo, because of slide. Anyone notice changes between different character weights for B&B now? Ofcourse now j.s,j.k gattlings. I don't know all the possible/practical new B&Bs yet. I'm completely clueless as far as the usefulness of the FBs too.

The most notable thing to do is the 2D combo indeed o.o Probably the most useful FBs are the air pogo and the fire slap The Faust's B&B are the common ones that you already do in Slash(I think) One thing I would like to check is the pogo, because it does slide, plus the flower does floating(not in CH only), so you can link im GMW yet(dunno if it's useful now....)

Well you already perhaps remember that testament, after being hit by pogo in the corner, can be hit by the flower twice then you can combo into GMW. Also I think after pogo: flower+face punch+GMW is a combo. I'll be at FRX too but I plan on checking out Zappa in AC aswell. This whole AC thing at FRX kind of pisses me off because I know no one will have time to play their character more than a few times because I'm sure the line for it is going to be huge!!!

This whole AC thing at FRX kind of pisses me off because I know no one will have time to play their character more than a few times because I'm sure the line for it is going to be huge!!!

Hey, thats just more incentive for us to play pro-Faust to stay on the machine.

Hey there guys, names fernando and I hail from houston, and guess what, i play faust (go figure). Ive played AC plenty of times lucky me, and ive got a good handle on Faust and whatnot. The thing about the scalpel pull fb/super is that if you dont block when i goes off, it hits you too, so it takes a little timing to know when to start running to follow up the combo. Also, seeing as how a character hit during a skid normally launches anyway, with 50 percent tension you can RC the pogo, 2HS, pogo again then flower > gmw Theres a lot more options now, but consider that one a really good corner combo to do seeing as you cant rc>6hs since theres no wallbounce. Well, other then that..hmm..i wont be at frx to do school you guys tho, since certain things are keeping me from going, so enjoy playing it and see you guys at showdown.

Ive played AC plenty of times lucky me, and ive got a good handle on Faust and whatnot.

Question: when you hit people in the air/ground with FB air pogo, how much time do they have to tech? Do you have enough time to hit them without doing an RC?

Question: when you hit people in the air/ground with FB air pogo, how much time do they have to tech? Do you have enough time to hit them without doing an RC?

pogo drop, ill give it a look over again probably this saturday for specifics (hey, if anyone has any question about AC things, relay them to me, and ill probably go through a bunch of it at regionals we are having).

Is there any info on if the ground flower prorates at all? I'm wondering if you can still do a variation of the slash combo, 6h, pogo, k, p, p, GMW in corner, would it do more damage than the slash version, or would the flower make it deal less overall?

How's Faust doing against other characters? I haven't watched enough match vids, I'd like to know if there's any characters who give him troubles.

So I got my mook in (Guilty Gear XX ^C Break Encyclopedia) in. You better believe I'll be translating the Faust section asap. If there are any specific questions at the moment, I'll try to answer them.

Hey Raph_ or Zinac what are the properties of Faust's new tub item. I can't see what's so special about it besides looking painful when it hits. I don't know if its me but the time in which it comes down from the sky doesn't seem consistent.