Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Warhound

Having a Hard Time Adjusting to this Game

Man, I don't know what it is. If it's like the button layout, or it's faster then BB or what. But I'm spending so much freaking time on combos I should realistically be able to do. Don't have a stick, I guess that would really help.

What character are you using?

I'm trying Yukiko and man, I'm still in the lab since the US release lol.

Man, I don't know what it is. If it's like the button layout, or it's faster then BB or what. But I'm spending so much freaking time on combos I should realistically be able to do. Don't have a stick, I guess that would really help.

It's definitely the speed and especially inputs. I feel you on that one. I was going to main Aigis and sub Elizabeth but I couldn't do a damn thing with them. So I decided to learn Shadow Labrys instead. I'm still trying to learn combos to this day, which is why I haven't been in ranked or player matches that much.

I don't think you really need a stick for this game. Don't give up. It's only day five after all.

What character are you using?

I'm trying Yukiko and man, I'm still in the lab since the US release lol.

I'm trying to get the hang of Yukiko too. Not sure who else I'd be good with. I originally had planned for Mitsuru, but she's got charge moves...:psyduck:

It's definitely the speed and especially inputs. I feel you on that one. I was going to main Aigis and sub Elizabeth but I couldn't do a damn thing with them. So I decided to learn Shadow Labrys instead. I'm still trying to learn combos to this day, which is why I haven't been in ranked or player matches that much.

I don't think you really need a stick for this game. Don't give up. It's only day five after all.

It's day one for me, had to wait for the paycheck. But god, it feels like the first day I picked up BB. Felt like I might have wasted my money a few times. Also, I'm still getting used to to the fact that the button layout is entirely different than BB's default sans the Square button (X button).

I'm trying to get the hang of Yukiko too. Not sure who else I'd be good with. I originally had planned for Mitsuru, but she's got charge moves...:psyduck:

It's day one for me, had to wait for the paycheck. But god, it feels like the first day I picked up BB. Felt like I might have wasted my money a few times. Also, I'm still getting used to to the fact that the button layout is entirely different than BB's default sans the Square button (X button).

It felt like when I first played CT and had a scrubby ass Noel with a 29% win ratio, lol. Just gotta get used to the mechanics and stuff.

Probably hitstun is what makes combo'ing hard, I also had a hardtime getting my combos down. My button layout has D on R1, since I play S.Lab.

You'll get used to it eventually!

This is interesting because I am actually having a much easier time getting Aegis stuff down than anytime I tried to learn blazblue. I also had an easier time getting combos down in guilty gear, which i played well before BB came out. I wonder if it is just the speed.

Different buffering system.

What's with this all-out-rush crap? I can't mash out buttons this fast without using both thumbs or risking carpal tunnel. At least I can't get the max buttons out and get that corner bounce >_<

Different buffering system.

Also could you expand upon the buffering system? I guess I never got a full explanation about what it truly means. If I recall correctly BBCT to BBCS had a buffering system change, I think. Which is why it was tough for me to pull of a hop hotaru for the longest time.

What's with this all-out-rush crap? I can't mash out buttons this fast without using both thumbs or risking carpal tunnel. At least I can't get the max buttons out and get that corner bounce >_<

Trying to just mash A or B is borderline impossible to get max hits with, but if you mash the button you have mapped to A+B (assuming you have one mapped) its not super tough.

I find the game easier than BB. It's easier tech skill wise, but, the actual fighting is more difficult since the pace is fast and you have to be constantly reading and hit confirming etc. Though, I feel like this is the best buffer system I've played in any fighting game.

Am I the only one that thinks this is like GGxKoF? I mean the burst and the button layout feel the same to me. Invincible dashes and hops help me move in while my opponent zones etc etc. Oh and basically no conditions for instant kills like GG.

hops in this game are NOTHING like the ones in KOF. KOF hops are a fundamenal part of offense, spacing, etc. I would even go as far to say taht it's KOF's defining characteristic. P4 hops are purely used to call out lows and throws since tehy only go in one direction, have tons of startup, and have a decent amount of landing recovery too.

Still no one has explained the different buffer systems to me -_-

In BB and P4, holding a button repeats the input for a few (approximately 5) frames. So if you press an input early but hold the button down for a short amount of time, it will still come out on the desired frame.

I thought I was the only one struggling as well. Day 4 now with Yukiko and I still feel scrubby as hell since I haven't won a single match online. At least with BB I learned some combos and switch among characters fairly easily, but here...not so much.

You should be more specific next time you don't understand something, way easier to get help that way.

So far I feel disappointed with Arena. The only character I like using is Aigis but she is reliant on Orgia mode which feels awkward to use. If I try to move in with it activated I always seem to get hit than spend the rest of its duration blocking.

I also keep getting the feeling that everyone in this game is missing a button. For example, I always feel like Aigis has a poke similar to Ken's crouching mk on some button I forgot to map. I also can't figure out how to use her 5D,2D,jD,j2D or how to combo into Orgia Megido Fire.

I want to like this game but it feels like I either don't understand something, like when he started KOF XIII, or I honestly don't like this game.

I am racking my fucking brain, trying to comprehend how this is, in any way shape or form, more approachable than BlazBlue.

There may be less of a move set than BB, but my god, the combos are exponentially more difficult for me to perform. Mitsuru's No.23 combo is utterly, kicking my ass.