Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Suzaku

BBCP Story Thread [Old]

r6MZ09C.png

robot3.gif

As I mentioned yesterday, it's come to this, so a reminder of the CS story thread's rules.

Because BBCP is not yet out on consoles, I am allowing some speculation in here, but use your own judgment before posting it. Think "is this a serious post? Does this sound really stupid? lolololol am i teh epicz trollzar?" Consider your answer to those questions before you post, or you may find your post deleted, or worse yet, yourself with an infraction.

When dealing with translations, make sure it is a valid source with a reliable translator. If you wanna link some random GFAQser's translations, go ahead, but do not discuss it here. If a legitimate source is attached to the link and the translator is trustworthy, then by all means, discuss what was found.

A tangent joke here and there is ok. If Noel has some silly line regarding sausages and you wanna make a Kanako Kondou joke, I won't care. I will however, care if the next 5+ posts are all about sausages, Noel's diet, and/or dicks.

Just be mature and thoughtful when you post here. This thread should be a place where anyone can go to find info for the storyline, not random bullshit about incest and cooking, and definitely not incorrect info.

When BBCP comes out to console, this thread will follow the CS one's rules to a tee, spoilers will be present.

Well, looks like story discussions have finally been moved into Zepp Museum, so let's continue on from the Continuum Shift Story Thread and jump into Chrono Phantasma with the miniscule amount of story information slipping out of the loke tests!

New Characters:

Amane Nishiki - Upon hearing rumors of a handsome, young vigilante, he sets out to recruit them into his troupe.

Bullet - A mercenary who was once attached to a certain Sector Seven assault team. She's tracking down Kokonoe of Sector Seven to try and unravel the mystery behind the massacre of her comrades.

Azrael - Once sealed away in a prison for commiting a grave crime, this uncontrollable warrior has been deployed to Ikaruga under someone's orders.

Keywords:

Duodecim, Prime Goddess Amaterasu, Six Heroes, Zero-Weave: Izayoi, Cruel Curse, Amplification Squad, Ars Magus Strengthening, Crimson Eyes, God Dance, Illusion of Time (PV 1:04)

Heavenly Cave (PV 3:00)

So, Bullet was presumably hired by Sector Seven to work in the same squad as Tager, and left at some point in the past before they were wiped out in his mission in Ikaruga. Azrael's also under mysterious orders issued by an unknown entity and had apparantly been imprisoned by Sector Seven.

As for the keywords, I think the Amplification Squad may have been mentioned in the NOL military overview, but I don't have all my documents handy to double check. Ars Magus Strengthening is new, I believe, and will probably get a nifty Latin localization when the game's released in English. Crimson Eyes (or more accurately, "crimson magic eyes" or "crimson demon eyes", is speculated to refer to Rachel. No idea about God Dance. Illusion of Time is obviously the literal translation of "Chrono Phantasma". Heavenly Cave is a reference to the cavern that Amaterasu hid in, in Japanese mythology.

Hazama calls "Heavenly Cave" the "Nemesis Horizon" if I recall.

I'm not sure where you got Zero-Weave from...I'd like to hear more about it.

Edit: Quick summup of the Amaterasu story:

She was mad at Susano'oh for stuff he did, among other things, so she hid in a cave.

A "false goddess" made to look like her was sent in to dance and get people to laugh and play music in order to call her out.

Someone used a "mirror" so she could see her own reflection and be mezmerized by it. Then once she was out of the cave, they trapped her, supposedly.

Gonna call it now and say that Rachel is interested in Amane because, like many people are guessing, he is Tenjo's son.

Also, what's the deal with Bullet's abilities? All she has are those weird gloves, yet she's still strong enough to be considered a grappler character. I'd bet that she has some ogre blood, like Tager, though it's the smaller amount, since she still looks human.

yea it also have been said in the balzblue wiki that all Individual Storylines will not be available on this game but they will be three main storylines to follow, with boss battles included, which will all come together for the true end so i guess their will be the main story centered around Ragna,Jin,Noel,Rachel,Hakumen and second will be sides stories that is going on during the conflect like Bang,Tager, Platinum ,Makoto and etc and the third will involve the past of the six heroes but i hope we might get to know more about ragna past since its been mentioned that he Artificial human well idk if this is true or not but i just put together my own ideals together with the one i read on blazblue wiki

well the part i look foward to is is for noel or ragna seeing the failed noel casket stage well i hope noel won't go crazy but ragna may not be surprised lol so guess that stage is the same place where makato discovered the caskets in Ikaruga on BBCSEX

well i say that Lambda-11, Nu-13 and Mu-12 will be on the game cause i doubt they will just cut thoes characters from the game

1.lambda well be reborn in a new color scheme from the regeration tank

2.noel unlimted form might be mu-12 or she will continue being a single character (appear in story mode )

3.nu-13 will be reborn as the sword of the Imperator with new costume and color scheme ( casket inside the gold machine)

their also a statement suggesting Saya will be in the console version of Chrono Phantasma but just have to wait for more info to come out

>>blazblue wiki

I wouldn't trust in that shit lol

It got the info from our interview translations, anyways.

Speaking of which, I believe that the three plotlines will be divided like this:

- Main cast / neutral characters (Ragna, Noel, Bang etc.)

- NOL / the bad guys (Hazama, Tsubaki, Relies etc.)

- Sector Seven / the suddenly relevant bunch (Tager, Bullet, Makoto etc.)

Here's some of the story info from that interview with Mori for reference sake.

-There will only be 3 story modes + a True Ending. You switch between several characters throughout each story as opposed to just playing as one throughout and all three stories are interconnected.

-Each story has a different boss.

-Bullet is based off of a beta design for Tager. Her drive is what Tager's was originally going to be.

-Amane was Tomokazu Sugita's (Ragna's JP VA) idea.

-Amane plays some sort of role in Rachel's plans.

-The Six Heroes and Sector Seven are both central parts of the plot. The Six Heroes subplot will be concluded in this game.

-Arakune speaks in coherent sentences now.

-Bullet and Azrael were both specifically created to have a major impact on the plot.

-Azrael was created as a character that actually has a reason to be fighting the entire cast.

-Azrael has a "deep relation" with both Tager and Kokonoe.

-Bang will play an extremely important role in the story.

-Chronofantasma means "the illusion of time."

-CP was originally intended to be the last game in the series, but they're having trouble wrapping up the plot and he mentioned that it probably won't be.

-Mu and Lambda are confirmed to not be playable... but he did mention that both would be in story mode...

-There is a currently-unannounced boss character.

-He dropped a hint (and nothing more) that Saya might be playable in the console version. This is not a confirmation!

-Jin does not have a new outfit because he's not the kind of character who cares too much about what he's wearing.

so i guess the next game might be the last cause after this he will do a second version to improve the story even futher like he did in the past games and i say Mu and Lambda will be playable but not story mode playable so Lambda-11, Nu-13,noel (NOL) and Mu-12 might be released as DLC then

I feel like if the Murakumos are going to be DLC only, ArcSys is gonna get a ton of crap from Nu/Lambda mains calling em out on forcing them to buy her after sticking with her for 2(3 I guess if you count Extend) games

I'm not sure where you got Zero-Weave from...I'd like to hear more about it.

It's just one of the keywords that flashes up on the screen during the PV: "零織・十六夜". Likely referring to the technique used to weave Izayoi, or perhaps just a term for the garment in general.

Regarding the new structure for story mode, it makes sense to me. Without time looping or shifting they no longer have a way to explain all the various changes and resulting paradoxes in each character's story mode.

Pretty sure I know where Ragna=the=Bloodedge came from now: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yamatotakeru

What. :psyduck: No. Ragna is nothing like yamato takeru. Japanese mythology plays a huge part in bb, but that doesn't mean every character in bb corresponds to a character from folklore. If you really want to link Ragna to someone, then he would be susanoo. (I know haku has the susanoo unit.)

-He has two siblings (male and female) he doesn't get along with

-He stopped the black beast (who represents orochi)

-caelica is the key to powering kushinada's lynchpin

For plot related stuff, I wonder how much of that interview with mori was jut trolling.The pairings at the end of CS make it very hard to lump the groups into just 3 broad storylines. We have:

-Jin and Jubei

-Ragna and Tao

-Tager, Noel and Makoto

-Haku and Rachel

-Carl

-Bang and Plat

-NOL

Assuming NOL takes up one storyline by themselves, Bang, plat, carl, haku and rachel could possibly be in one storyline, with amane the common factor. Then there's the sector seven+ noel, who will probably interact with bullet. The problem is where jin and ragna fits.

Rebuttal.

I'm aware of all the things he represents. But what I'm saying is, there are sound "foundation aspects" of the lore that represent him more than others. His encounter with Rachel is similar to Yamato's encounters with the Amaterasu Priestess..recall Rachel and Jubei gave him back his Bloodscythe and Jacket and discussed the "weight" of them.

Amane probably represents the 'false dancing goddess' more than the current Saya could.

Susanooh is closer to a mix between Terumi and Relius (Created 5 women, whereas Amaterasu made 3 men in a competition), and Terumi "defiled heaven" (Takamagahara), so there's that too.

I'm aware of all the things he represents. But what I'm saying is, there are sound "foundation aspects" of the lore that represent him more than others. His encounter with Rachel is similar to Yamato's encounters with the Amaterasu Priestess..recall Rachel and Jubei gave him back his Bloodscythe and Jacket and discussed the "weight" of them.

Amane probably represents the 'false dancing goddess' more than the current Saya could.

You have to elaborate on these "foundation aspects", and Yamato's encounter with the priestess is nothing like Rachel and Ragna's first encounter. I don't see how there's any link between the two events. I also fail to see what his jacket being heavy has to do with anything.

Susanooh is closer to a mix between Terumi and Relius (Created 5 women, whereas Amaterasu made 3 men in a competition), and Terumi "defiled heaven" (Takamagahara), so there's that too.

terumi has susanoo aspects to his character because he was in the susanoo unit. relius on the other hand, has nothing to do with this particular mythtology. At all.

EDIT: In fact, this has been discussed before. Hakumen is supposed to represent the good side of susanoo, where he killed orochi and saved kushinada. Terumi is the bad half of susanoo, the one that disrupted heaven and pissed off amaterasu and got banished.

About the groups, I feel that wherever Ragna is Rachel won't be too far behind. So I can assume they will be in the same group. I think that Jin and Ragna won't really have much interaction in this game. Noel is supposed to save Jin from himself or something like that. So im figuring there will be more Noel and Jin confrontations.

As you know, Ragna starts off at a Church orphanage, along with his "sister" Saya, and "Brother" Jin (are they related by blood, God only knows...), but we do know this Church seems to be a far cry away from the goings on of the Ikaruga War and a few other places....so in a way it is like Prince Ousu existing in a foreign land like Izumo Province.

As for the cross-dressing part, that's probably a nod to Amane again.

Yamatotakeru meeting his aunt "Princess Yamato-hime" might be a nod to Carl in this case, because Carl takes his sister and goes to visit his aunt and uncle...possibly asking the same question "My father wishes I would die?"

The symbolic gesture of being handed a sword is repeated several times in BlazBlue.

Saya gives Jin the Yukianesa.

Rachel and Jubei give Ragna the Bloodscythe and Jacket.

Hazama inherits Mu-12.

This is a nod to Yamatotakeru inheriting the Ame no Murakumo no Tsurugi / Kusanagi...which was said to have originally been found in the "body" of Yamato no Orochi (a nod to Nu-13 / Mu-12 and possibly Lambda-11) by Susanooh...this is reversed when Ragna absorbs Lambda-11's Idea Engine into his body...so you could also say Ragna also inherited the Kusanagi in a symbolic way.

Another reference is when Yamato Takeru blasphemes a local god of Mount Ibuki who cursed him with Disease (a nod to Arakune chasing after Ragna and anyone else with the scent of "Azure").

As for Yamato no Orochi, the 8-headed Serpent...obviously Ragna's fighting style revolves around it, but unlike Hazama who is even more serpent-like, Ragna's powers seem to be more motivated for good.

Let me explain further.

The story goes that a family of Earth Deities was forced to sacrifice one of their daughters every year for seven years to Orochi, destined to eventually sacrifice their 8th and last daughter.

This is a partial nod to the Murakumo Units as they lose their forms when joining with the Black Beast, so in a way they are in essence "sacrificed". This is part of Ragna's reason for wishing to destroy them (or save them if at all possible), to prevent the Black Beast from reviving.

Prior to the battle with Orochi, it says that 'Susanooh' transformed the 8th Daughter Kushi-inada-hime into a comb and kept her safe in his hair....this is yet another reference to Ragna absorbing Lambda's essence in to his body as the Idea Engine, ultimately doing battle with "Orochi" (or in this case, Hazama).

Susanooh in the legend asks the Earth Deities to prepare liquor to get Orochi Drunk. This is symbolic of Bloodedge (in the past) stopping the Black Beast for a whole year.

When Susanooh tried to cut off the tail, his sword broke...now, I'm not sure about the specifics of this, but Jin eventually trades in Yukianesa for Ookami when he becomes Haku-men, so it's probably a reference to that.

Then of course there's Haku-men himself who represents all three Imperial Regalia (not to mention Susanooh). His Magatama represents the jewel that symbolizes royal status, but also Susanooh in particular inherits 500 of them which he sends to Amaterasu as a gift to make more deities. The blade itself along with his "Zanshin" fighting style is symbolic of the Yata no Kagami or "Sacred Mirror" in that his blade can reflect magic, and his 'shields' allow him to counter anything. Then finally his nature as a swordsman who inherits the Kusanagi or Grass-cutter blade.

My point is, some characters represent multiple aspects of different things, while others one or two things, the more dominant mythology they represent in proportion to the story are their "foundation aspects", such as Hazama representing Orochi primarily. And although Terumi represents other aspects of Susanooh as well (conspiring with Relius to make the Murakumo Units and his own body which is symbolic of Susanooh competing with Amaterasu to make deities of his own, not to mention smelting Mu-12 which was another deity he sought to make, he even says 'in the name of Susanooh, awaken!'.), his status as a villain more closely represents Orochi rather than Susanooh who eventually gets punished and redeems himself.

I don't think we should be drawing too many analogues to mythology here. There's a few blatant references here and there but the moment you start talking about how a single character has elements from multiple figures in myth then it starts to become stupid.

Alright, I can leave that out of this topic for now, but that doesn't mean it's stupid or pointless.

wall of text

I'm going to bold one part of my 1st post

What. :psyduck: No. Ragna is nothing like yamato takeru. Japanese mythology plays a huge part in bb, but that doesn't mean every character in bb corresponds to a character from folklore.

what you're doing is just assigning what you think is a reference to mythology when there isn't a reference at all. Seriously? Relius and terumi creating murakumos is analogous to amaterasu and susanoo creating deities? You do know terumi had NOTHING to do with creation of murakumo units right?

I could pick apart almost everything in your post, but this is a story discussion thread, not a debate. So I'll end it with this:

I don't think we should be drawing too many analogues to mythology here. There's a few blatant references here and there but the moment you start talking about how a single character has elements from multiple figures in myth then it starts to become stupid.

^ this man is wise

It's fine, I just think it's not something to be overlooked, that's all. People like to speculate on how the plot will develop. I'm just saying the mythology might be a hint where it will go.

I'll say nothing more.

I assumed some things about Terumi based on his knowledge on smelting and his actions involving Nu-13 and Mu-12 (plus his involvement with Relius in the BB Novels), but again, I don't mind being wrong.

For plot related stuff, I wonder how much of that interview with mori was jut trolling.The pairings at the end of CS make it very hard to lump the groups into just 3 broad storylines. We have:

-Jin and Jubei

-Ragna and Tao

-Tager, Noel and Makoto

-Haku and Rachel

-Carl

-Bang and Plat

-NOL

Assuming NOL takes up one storyline by themselves, Bang, plat, carl, haku and rachel could possibly be in one storyline, with amane the common factor. Then there's the sector seven+ noel, who will probably interact with bullet. The problem is where jin and ragna fits.

I'm a bit late replying to this. I'm pretty sure the 3 stories will be Ragna, Jin and Noel and that no character that counts as an antagonist (I.E. anyone with the NOL, Arakune, most likely Azrael) will be playable in them, but that's just my guess.