Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kuuhaku

[P4A] Teddie Combo Thread

Thats...actually pretty awesome, haha thanks dave.

By the way, is the triple bear screw combo the best meterless, burstless 2C fatal combo to go for, or is there a better one? Sorry if this has been asked already.

If you're within range of the corner, the 2C FC corner carry combo is better. If not, stick with the triple bearscrew loop. Keep in mind that there are item variations of these combos if you have time to practice them.

Alrighty then, thanks a lot. And yeah, I was trying out a couple of the item combos, don't quite have the hang of em yet but all in due time, haha.

The item combos, especially off 2c, generally only work if your opponent starts on the ground, so be wary of attempting them in a real match. They tend to only be training mode combos sadly, since your opponent almost never starts on the ground next to you for a 2c fatal.

One item combo that most ppl in america don't know is that you can do 5aa 2c ICE dash aoa. This would also work after a bearscrew starter, say 236a OMC 5aa 2c 5d dash aoa (d-ender)

One item combo that most ppl in america don't know is that you can do 5aa 2c ICE dash aoa. This would also work after a bearscrew starter, say 236a OMC 5aa 2c 5d dash aoa (d-ender)

Hmm, I never tried that before. I've never seen you do it though every time we fought in the past. Did you just learn it or do you save the ice for something else?

I usually save the ice for a reset AOA after the super in the corner. Or I just simply throw it with the soda.

All the item combos happen rarely. I wouldn't recommend saving items for situations that aren't likely to happen. The combo adds a good chunk of damage more than you would get off a regular bnb with corner carry.

All the item combos happen rarely. I wouldn't recommend saving items for situations that aren't likely to happen. The combo adds a good chunk of damage more than you would get off a regular bnb with corner carry.

So let's say you are at full health and have a Firecracker or a Lighting Ball as your next item. In the corner, you can set up an easy unblockable combo with the Muscle Drink. If you were midscreen and the full-health opponent was at the corner, would you just throw out the items or would you run in and try to set up the easy unblockable combo for huge damage?

So let's say you are at full health and have a Firecracker or a Lighting Ball as your next item. In the corner, you can set up an easy unblockable combo with the Muscle Drink. If you were midscreen and the full-health opponent was at the corner, would you just throw out the items or would you run in and try to set up the easy unblockable combo for huge damage?

With the firecracker, I would call the item and run right behind it to lock them in the corner. With the lightning ball, it depends. If I had time to call the item via 2D (throws it further), I would throw it out to try and get them in blockstun (or get paralyzed if they press the button). They'll probably move either deeper into the corner to avoid the lightning or they'll move forward and you can continue pressure. If you think they'll punish you for throwing out the item or use the opportunity to get out of the corner, I would just hold onto the lightning ball.

Items aren't just for gimmicks/combos, they're valuable zoning tools in your neutral game. Another thing, I believe there are multiple "correct" ways of playing Teddie and calling items. Definitely be willing to experiment with this character.

i would probably do something like what wiredgod suggested. i would probably be more aggressive. Throw firecracker, run toward them, do 5b 2d, which, when spaced properly, will lock them down with the bat, toss a lightning can on them, run, the firecracker hits them, then do an unblockable setup with the rage can while they block the lightning. If that makes sense...

however, that is all spacing dependent. If you were also curious about if i would just throw out the rage at neutral? Yea i would to get to the pinwheel, because i would rather improve my neutral than try to get a hit without the items IN GENERAL. I also have to take into account whether i have "time" to summon an item though. If someone is going full out rushdown, it's more likely that i will hold an item and play a more reactionary game than tossing items left and right.

Items aren't just for gimmicks/combos, they're valuable zoning tools in your neutral game. Another thing, I believe there are multiple "correct" ways of playing Teddie and calling items. Definitely be willing to experiment with this character.

Yeah, I just usually do what you do with the firecracker as well as with the lightning ball. I understand that Teddie has a great neutral and I also agree with you that there are multiple ways of playing Teddie effectively. I'm working on implementing items into fatal 2C combos rather than sticking with the ol' 5A-5A-236B fatal during a real battle. I've done it with items only a few times before and it's amazing damage. The only bad thing is that it's extremely difficult to get a fatal with 2C.

i would probably do something like what wiredgod suggested. i would probably be more aggressive. Throw firecracker, run toward them, do 5b 2d, which, when spaced properly, will lock them down with the bat, toss a lightning can on them, run, the firecracker hits them, then do an unblockable setup with the rage can while they block the lightning. If that makes sense...

however, that is all spacing dependent. If you were also curious about if i would just throw out the rage at neutral? Yea i would to get to the pinwheel, because i would rather improve my neutral than try to get a hit without the items IN GENERAL. I also have to take into account whether i have "time" to summon an item though. If someone is going full out rushdown, it's more likely that i will hold an item and play a more reactionary game than tossing items left and right.

Yeah, what you said makes sense. That's what I would probably do most of the time. I also take into consideration "when" I can throw items. A good example would be being extra cautious throwing items when fighting Mits. I played Teddie on a friend's account against you a few times before (friend plays Aki). The PSN is zakura. Not sure if you remember that Teddie, but I only beat you 1% of the time. Although I hover around SSS ranking, I don't really consider myself a really great player. I just want to understand how Teddie players play in general. Always room for improvement.

Yeah, I just usually do what you do with the firecracker as well as with the lightning ball. I understand that Teddie has a great neutral and I also agree with you that there are multiple ways of playing Teddie effectively. I'm working on implementing items into fatal 2C combos rather than sticking with the ol' 5A-5A-236B fatal during a real battle. I've done it with items only a few times before and it's amazing damage. The only bad thing is that it's extremely difficult to get a fatal with 2C..

One thing I love about this character is that there's always room for improvement. Whether its FC 2C combos, FC SB television, or SMP loop, you can add items and a burst to those combos for super situational setups. The only limitation is how much you want to practice him.

Here are a couple of blockstrings using Mystery Teddie SP.

Midscreen

(Muscle Drink next):

(2A) 5AA 236A 236236A 5AA (hold til Pinwheel comes flying back) 5C d.c. j.A j.B j.A 2B j.A j.A j.B/j.236A (~2.5k/2.8k)

With 100 meter, you can do j.236A j.236236C j.236B at the end for ~4000 damage.

With 150 meter and burst, you can followup from the j.236B with OMB 214214B for ~5.1k.

Corner

(Muscle Drink next):

(2A) 5AA 5B 236A 236236A 5AA 236A...

Depending on your meter remaining, you have a few options.

<50 meter:

5B s.j.C j.B j.A 5AAA 2AB/j.A j.B

Note: pushes them out of the corner.

50 meter:

5B s.j.C j.B j.A 5AAA j.A j.236A j.236236[C] ]C[

or

j.236B j.236236[D] 2AB ]D[ j.B

or

5B s.j.C j.B j.A 5AA 214214B (Awakening only)

Last combo pushes them back into the corner.

100 meter:

j.236B j.236236[D] 2AB ]D[ 214214B

100 meter + Burst:

j.236B j.236236[D] 2AB [D] 236B OMB 214214B

I'm still playing around a bit with it (I think there might be a slight gap after the 236236A where the opponent might be able to DP, but it doesn't seem to be consistent). S.Teddie can do something similar in the corner, but you can omit the 5B in the initial blockstring.

Speaking of Shadow Teddie, if you badly need damage but aren't close enough in the corner to do the midscreen carry corner combo, here's something:

5AA j.A j.B j.A 214214B

Does about 2.5k. Not great, but it's an option if you need to kill, and does slightly more than missile.

Here are a couple of blockstrings using Mystery Teddie SP.

Midscreen

(Muscle Drink next):

(2A) 5AA 236A 236236A 5AA (hold til Pinwheel comes flying back) 5C d.c. j.A j.B j.A 2B j.A j.A j.B/j.236A (~2.5k/2.8k)

With 100 meter, you can do j.236A j.236236C j.236B at the end for ~4000 damage.

With 150 meter and burst, you can followup from the j.236B with OMB 214214B for ~5.1k.

Corner

(Muscle Drink next):

(2A) 5AA 5B 236A 236236A 5AA 236A...

Depending on your meter remaining, you have a few options.

<50 meter:

5B s.j.C j.B j.A 5AAA 2AB/j.A j.B

Note: pushes them out of the corner.

50 meter:

5B s.j.C j.B j.A 5AAA j.A j.236A j.236236[C] ]C[

or

j.236B j.236236[D] 2AB ]D[ j.B

or

5B s.j.C j.B j.A 5AA 214214B (Awakening only)

Last combo pushes them back into the corner.

100 meter:

j.236B j.236236[D] 2AB ]D[ 214214B

100 meter + Burst:

j.236B j.236236[D] 2AB [D] 236B OMB 214214B

I'm still playing around a bit with it (I think there might be a slight gap after the 236236A where the opponent might be able to DP, but it doesn't seem to be consistent). S.Teddie can do something similar in the corner, but you can omit the 5B in the initial blockstring.

Speaking of Shadow Teddie, if you badly need damage but aren't close enough in the corner to do the midscreen carry corner combo, here's something:

5AA j.A j.B j.A 214214B

Does about 2.5k. Not great, but it's an option if you need to kill, and does slightly more than missile.

Wrong thread dude, this is P4A. This is P4AU stuff. Not trying to be mean but you can just repost it in the right thread.