Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

huey253

[CP] Bang Gameplay Discussion

The j4C thing was a second nature adjustment to me, I mean, even if you DID do j4C, you still got jC so w/e lol.

As for j2C, well, you just practice it a bit and it happens. Doing it in neutral was harder than in combos, also generally with how the new jC and j2C behave. Getting used to their actual properties was way more difficult than their input.

You're going to want three basic things: a simple, but damaging BnB combo, a 4 seal combo, and a reliable block string. After you have these, just advance at your own pace to more advanced stuff.

I should ask this.

Do you guys burst or OD more?

My answer is that I OD more than I burst, because I like FRKZ.

I tend to burst more since I generally win with too much life to make ODing worth it or lose in ways which makes bursting/ODing not worth not having a burst the next round. I tend to OD when trying to burst at some random times but nothing much happens, I guess it's better than bursting since it recovers quicker but without the setup it's not that good and sadly you don't get too many hits worth using FRKZ to convert. Most of the time I do it it's from a 5C, rarely do I get something nice like a 5B confirm into 3C RC.

Same, I burst more. Though I like FRKZ a lot too, it's just kind of dead this game, cause you have to do it within a combo, to get damage and Bang sucks in FRKZ in neutral. That, combined with the fact that it's on a timer is just too much to use whenever you feel like it.

To make FRKZ good in neutral you need the fu seal and you need to have your foe blocking something so you can cross em up, it's very good but still somewhat limited.

It depends on how the match is going honestly. I utilize the mechanic to OD or Burst how I see fit. I rather use OD because it grants me easy 4 seals and access to another super, if I confirm into it. Although, if I'm in the corner and/or I get opened up a 2nd or 3rd time on my wake-up I consider bursting.

To make FRKZ good in neutral you need the fu seal and you need to have your foe blocking something so you can cross em up, it's very good but still somewhat limited.

well that's not good in neutral, that's good in pressure, which it is. The good ol' 2B FRKZ activation makes for some good times if you get a good read. However if you don't or mess up, than you're back in neutral and life sucks again.

You cancelled the 7 dash startup with 5D. It's basically what we usually do for combos, it's just tighter here cause you only get like 3 frames of startup to do it lol.

You cancelled the 7 dash startup with 5D. It's basically what we usually do for combos, it's just tighter here cause you only get like 3 frames of startup to do it lol.

You can actually cancel the upward dashes with 5D? This is something that is new to me.

You can actually cancel the upward dashes with 5D? This is something that is new to me.

Yeah, the way FRKZ dashes work is like, there's the startup of the dash (the part you canceled) then a few frame laters you appear to the end point of the dash and in between the two you're basically invincible, what we usually do in combos is use the startup of the dash to cancel moves into eachother but the ground dashes are also cancellable during the part where you're invincible too. Think of doing something like a super tight 6D>2D in EX so that 2D won't cross up and that's basically the timing you want.

Also, I realized what happened when Azrael did BHS on Bang in FRKZ. 2D seal actually NULLIFIES the BHS unblockable property with weakpoints on you. Sooooo 2D seal is REALLY useful in OD vs Azrael.

2D makes GPs block everywhere, yeah. In the end though, you don't ever wanna be in a position of being hit while in FRKZ. It's nice but super situational.

Forgive my double post, but I found out you can use Crush trigger after (5A) > 5B > 2B > 6C > JD > TK C nail. What can we do from here?

Generally speaking, it's kinda too prorated so web nail combos aren't worth using CT for, you'd tend to wanna DD if it's gonna kill and if you did a non-web nail variant of that combo the damage would be comparable.

Generally speaking, it's kinda too prorated so web nail combos aren't worth using CT for, you'd tend to wanna DD if it's gonna kill and if you did a non-web nail variant of that combo the damage would be comparable.

how so? Aside the fact all the web does is make inputting the DD easier and without the threat of counter